It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Missile Launch FAILS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Yep. That frightening missile the North Koreans have been flaunting went for a spectacular flight....

Straight into the water. They admit it. They failed. Their "satellite" did not reach its intended destination...namely, a mark that would confirm long-range trajectory capabilities, possibly packing a couple of nuclear warheads. Speculation, of course, but the experts have this to say:

Korean Missile Fail

"The possibility of an additional long-range rocket launch or a nuclear test, as well as a military provocation to strengthen internal solidarity is very high," a senior South Korean defense ministry official told a parliamentary hearing.

The two Koreas are divided by the world's most militarized border and remain technically at war after an armistice ended the Korean War in 1953.

The United States and Japan said the rocket, which they claimed was a disguised missile test and the North said was to put a satellite into orbit, crashed into the sea after travelling a much shorter distance than a previous North Korean launch.

Missile Launch Fail

White House spokesman Jay Carney said North Korea's rocket launch was a provocative act that left the nation isolated and in violation of international law:

"Despite the failure of its attempted missile launch, the action threatens security, violates international law and contravenes its own recent commitments."

"While this action is not surprising given North Korea's pattern of aggressive behavior, any missile activity is of concern to the international community."

"The United States remains vigilant in the face of North Korean provocations, and is fully committed to the security (of) our allies in the region."

Analysts believe the launch was designed to enhance its capacity to design a ballistic missile armed with a nuclear warhead capable of hitting the U.S.

Failure To Launch

"A few minutes after the launch, the rocket disintegrated into several pieces and lost its altitude," Defence Ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok told journalists.

This will be North Korea's second consecutive failure to get a satellite into orbit, although it claimed success with a 2009 launch.

So, what this all comes down to, is basically this:

North Korea: We got missiles! We shoot at you!

The rest of the world: Come at us, bro

edit on CFridayam535355f55America/Chicago13 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure you could have added this to the many N. Korea missile threads that are going right now.

In fact, they talk about the failure extensively.

/peeoncornflakes

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So the obvious questions ...was it shot down? if so, by who and by what means? If not shot down, will the entire staff be killed for the failure?
edit on 4/13/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
There are some fresh inmates in a North Korean camp somewhere.... former rocket scientists.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Sorry but you are way late....already threads on this yesterday.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I did look, but they went from launch into launch failure, whereas this thread deals specifically with the failure.

If mods feel this thread should be removed or deleted, they will proceed to do so.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Holy Christ this thread belongs in the day late department.....did you just wake up op?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Holy Christ this thread belongs in the day late department.....did you just wake up op?

Holy baloney, I posted this about 5 hours ago. Give me a break...it's not like you HAD to comment.

Right? Right.
edit on CFridaypm242432f32America/Chicago13 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Holy baloney, I posted this about 5 hours ago. Give me a break...it's not like you HAD to comment.

Right? Right.
edit on CFridaypm242432f32America/Chicago13 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

So many threads on this yesterday. Yes, I had to comment.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Right? Right.

So many threads on this yesterday. Yes, I had to comment.

No, you didn't. You just wanted to...or were unable to resist. Should work on that self restraint.

The missile didn't bomb out yesterday. It was only ready to be launched. Don't blame me because people are so eager to post about it, they start a dozen threads deciding what color pants the guy recording it wears.
edit on CFridaypm494946f46America/Chicago13 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Atleast this thread gives some info from a site, not just people saying haha it failed.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
it was not a failure.

it was a glorious display of the peoples best new self destruct mechanism.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Kim Jong Un is acting mighty cocky doing something like this. The launch I mean. The failure was hilarious.

Someone needs to send Kim this
youtu.be...
edit on 14-4-2012 by RicoVig because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pngxp
it was not a failure.

it was a glorious display of the peoples best new self destruct mechanism.

It was a fantastic exhibition of North Korea's complete inability to win a nuclear war.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

video of rocket doesnt look like it went bang tho????
edit on 7/2/2012 by jerseychannelislands because: changed faulty link

new topics

top topics

join