It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A V P and me being sad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Is it Just me, or did the Predators Die like Punk Biatch Sissies. They seemed to not even put up much of a decent fight. I hated the way Predator # 2 died from being bitten through his Metal Bullet Reflecting Space Helmet.

I mean C'mon!!! Bullets travelling in excess of 600MPH bounce off, and the thing which punches a hole in his helmet has less penetration force, and a greater area to puncture. A 600mph bullet, or a 50mph Jaw the size of a Human Fist?

What's Up with that?

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Dude AVP sucked. I was really dissapointed. I loved the Alien and Predator flicks too. The biggest issue I think was the fact that it was rated PG-13, since both the Alien and Predator movies were rated R. Hence the action lacked big time. My second biggest complaint was this: one of the facehuggers got one of the predators towards the middle but they never showed the alien-predator! That would have been awesome! Also in the trailor it shows an epic scene of predators battling swarms of aliens on top a pyramid...only to find out in the movie that's a 30 second flash back. Also look at the movies slogan for crying out loud "No matter who wins, we lose" WTF...humans and the predator won. Bleah =) Resident Evil 2 was no better btw...

The ONLY thing I liked about that movie was when the Pedator made a spear and shield out of Alien parts, that was friggin cool.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I actually Liked R E 2, I had no big qualms with it. I enjoyed #1, this was a bit more on the fantastical side, but in my opinion good nontheless. Maybe I'm just in love with Female Action Star #2, the Cop in the Light Bllue top and Mini skirt. hehe

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Oh I loved Resident Evil 1. =)

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I actually liked the film. I saw a review on TV that said, "It's so bad, it's good." So thats what I expected, so I wasn't dissapointed in it.

The major thing that really bugged me though was how the Predator gave the main chick the aliens head as a shield. I mean, I thought the aliens bleed acid that could corrode metal, and she's sticking her arm right into its brain cavity.

But I did enjoy the Special FX.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ok but ask yourself this: Would the special effects that you enjoyed been better if the Movie was rated R like all the other Alien and Predator movies?

"I thought the aliens bleed acid that could corrode metal, and she's sticking her arm right into its brain cavity."

LOL. that was the only part I liked. I dont like it anymore hehe. Good point.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I hear that, AVP was a dissappointment. I can't believe how easily the predators went down.

A very deluted movie unfortunately, from two very well done character types.

*Shrugs*

"hey mister want some candy?"

-PPS

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yea I agree AvP sucked A$$ what really got to me is that they were in the middle of Antarctica and the Predetors left the damn girl outside with only a sweater on and they didnt even offer her a ride back to her boat.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I saw it with no expectations and I didn't think it was all that bad. Now don't get me wrong as I would not have it in my video library, but it could have been much worse.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I saw it and though it was decent. The first fight with the predator and the alien really ticked me off. I just can't stand it when they shake the camera around so you can't see what is going on and call it action. :shk: Truly the lamest effect ever. Just pan back, hold the camera still and show me a cool fight scene. That simple. [/rant]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
What ticks me off is when people tell me there will be a Alien Vs Predator Vs Ash.
AS IF!
I love the Evil Dead movies but having a AVPVA movie would suck so bad. It would make no sense!
Not only that but Ash would have to be killed like 3 minutes into the move.

If anyone tells you that they are making a AVPVA yell at them for me

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I heard it was Jason vs Freddy vs Ash

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
GAH! That too. Ash is just a tough guy. He would get creamed in the Vs movies.
Although he may survive longer with Jason and Freddy

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Okay. I could have lived with that slap dash, no plot movie but for one major problem. What might you say totally pisses me off about this movie? Well, quite frankly, the Predator costumes really, really sucked compared to Stan Winston's creations for the first two Predator movies.

Here is the Stan Winston Costume with the mandibles slightly flared. Notice the firm position of the flap of "skin" in between each set of mandibles:

Now here's the AVP Predator with his mandibles flared in a similar manner. Notice how the "skin" kind of curls outward instead of staying straight to form a realistic looking membrane:

Also notice the chin positions. The chin of the AVP Predator is much more elongated than the Winston Predator. That was just shoddy, shoddy work. I can't believe Fox cared so little they allowed this kind of slap dash work.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Check out the inside of the top ones mouth. Doesn't resemble anything, does it?

Dunno, maybe it's just me.

[edit on 3/9/2005 by DiabolusFireDragon]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiabolusFireDragon

Yes, he has more teeth on his upper gum,. but maybe that's because he's just a kid who hasn't lost his upper teeth yet and had recently earned his manhood. It was my understanding the Predator in the original film was slightly older. Of course what it really comes down to though is the rushed, shoddy job.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiabolusFireDragon

I hope my minds in the gutter and your not saying it looks like what I think it looks like!

The more I look at it the more queasy I get! I wish you had not brought that up!

[edit on 10-3-2005 by QuietRenegade]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietRenegade
I hope my minds in the gutter and your not saying it looks like what I think it looks like!

The more I look at it the more queasy I get! I wish you had not brought that up!

[edit on 10-3-2005 by QuietRenegade]

It's not your mind playing tricks. Alot of people I've chatted with have made the same estimation you have.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
GAH! That too. Ash is just a tough guy. He would get creamed in the Vs movies.
Although he may survive longer with Jason and Freddy

Well not to mention that putting Ash in a movie with Freddy and Jason would make no sense. Ash is the hero of the "Evil Dead" movies not to mention the "Evil Dead" series are not really considered "slasher flicks". I mean I could understand if the had say Freddy vs. Jason vs. Michael Meyers, that would make more sense (three supernatural serial killers).

new topics

top topics

join