It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The history of Abrahamic religions with Meercats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I found this very entertaining,at first I thought it was another David Icke type guy. The whole thing does not make as much sense when you tell the same story with aliens instead of people.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Looks like the meercats have the same problem we do... Easily brainwashed into using "God" as an excuse to blow each other up... People are strange when you're a stranger...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I loved the "free booze and hookers for all the believed "

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

I thought it destroyed the intent of the message. There are even factual inaccuracies in the what is being said that can not simply be dismissed by the attempt to condensate the ideas (to what I agree, all religion is mythology and organized religion is institutional mythology).

It would be more interesting had he kept the meercats analogies until the end and to the final conclusion that the meercats ended by bringing about their acclaimed end of the world. That after all meercats were no more, it was unknown if the first, second or third enlightened meercat did indeed return...

I love meercats, they are my favorite animal (just above dogs and dolphins)...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

There are even factual inaccuracies in the what is being said that can not simply be dismissed by the attempt to condensate the ideas

Like what?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I'm not an expert in religions but the way he describes the three branches is not kosher

... not that it is of extreme relevance but it further erodes the message intent and relevance to any audience.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

I'm not an expert in religions but the way he describes the three branches is not kosher

... not that it is of extreme relevance but it further erodes the message intent and relevance to any audience.

So it was not so much that it was a "factual error" but more that you simply did not like what he said?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

No that. It just does not resonates with what I know about the issue. But I see no point in debating it because any error is ultimately irrelevant or even my opinion because I may be in error and have already admitted that I do not claim full understanding of the subject, nor wish to be further educated in this special context and location. I was just explaining my take on the video, not aiming for a religious debate.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts

There are even factual inaccuracies in the what is being said that can not simply be dismissed by the attempt to condensate the ideas

Like what?

The problem here is that since this is a metaphor/analogy thing, the author of the video (and anyone who feels like supporting the author) could simply say "Yeah, but it is a metaphor, not an exact one-on-one. Look, he said he was nailed to a door, not a cross!"

The problem with that, of course, is as Panic said, it kinda destroys the intent of the message.

Like all that "end of the world" stuff. The Jews don't believe that the messiah will necessarily come at the end of the world. Muhammad didn't claim he'd come at the end of the world. And while muslims consider it a holy city, they don't believe it has been divinely "promised" to them. And while a case certainly can be made for misogyny in these religions, none of them claim that God values males more than females. And I've never heard these religions (or their books) being blamed for mankind not being able to "see a universe tens of billions of light years across".
edit on 13-4-2012 by babloyi because: Mixed up names, sorry

top topics

join