It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blasting sound heard around coventry

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tootall123
It is standard procedure to lauch two aircraft, unless not possible due to aircraft servicability. To the guy who wrote that there will be Typhoons at Brize Norton for the Olympics there will not be.

The sounds that i have heard and/or listened to are clearly Jet noise and in the video of the flash what sounds like lightening (the weather wasn't great yesterday).

In the Images of the third object with both the aircraft it's probably a bird.

Uh huh....

You just registered today to tell us that huh?

Reminds me of Jesse as a MIB in X-Files.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Just heard another couple of bangs east from here as far as I know..
Sounds like multiple cars crashing together or bombing really far away.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My brother works with the sonic jets and he said that the sonic boom couldnt have caused the noise.

He said the blast can be heard from 30 mile while people up to 100 miles could hear it. I live in Newport in south wales and even i could hear it faintly.

My bro said its either the jet has crashed while in sonic mode (which a sonic jet has never crashed in sonic boom) or its a missile or meteor or large controlled explosion from a nearby air base

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
We heard them at around 6:15 in banbury. they were sonic booms IMO. sounded like distand explosions. maybe someone could do a map of times and locations where people heard it. i would but my PS skills are those of a child

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesdown
In wolves and didn't hear anything. Don't know why this has been moved to skunkworks.

im repeating this

I PUT IT IN SKUNKWORK
because i heard it and it was not reported yet
therefore no SOURCES
do you not read

sorry for being rude
but people dont read
i wanted to put it in breaking news
but IT WAS NOT ON THE NEWS TILL AFTER I POSTED
capiche?
edit on 13-4-2012 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BelieveEverything
My brother works with the sonic jets and he said that the sonic boom couldnt have caused the noise.

He said the blast can be heard from 30 mile while people up to 100 miles could hear it. I live in Newport in south wales and even i could hear it faintly.

My bro said its either the jet has crashed while in sonic mode (which a sonic jet has never crashed in sonic boom) or its a missile or meteor or large controlled explosion from a nearby air base

No disrespect but your brother doesn't know what he's talking about... Think of it... Concorde used to fly over a mile high, at least 10NM from lands end it would go super sonic, yet the boom could be heard clearly in Plymouth, and even further 'north'.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

BTW I live on the other side of the globe, close enough to feel the 8.9 quake that rocked off the shores of Sumatera last weekend. The day i heard the sound was on (Thursday - 12th Apr), it was raining that morning. When I first heard I thought it was the sound of lightning. But then, it doens't sound like lightning more of like a long string of rumbling n blasting sound. It was the first time I've heard this kind of noise and had totally no idea what was the cause. Could it be some sort of sound projection test? I am totally baffled.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
just over 10 mins ago i heard a loud blasting noise
it made me jump like it was a car hitting another just outside
a few mins later my friend from the other side of coventry txt me
it slightly shook his house a few miles away
dont know anymore
did anyone else feel or hear it

my friend thinks an earthquake
edit on 12-4-2012 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

This EXACT thing happened to us in California recently and no answer other than Sonic Boom was given. It felt like a 6+ magnitude quake!!!

My post along with pictures of a jet stream in the sky are at the bottom of the page,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by White2098
Nice find Neysa! I found one picture, but it doesn't seem like it would really have correlated to the boom and massive rumble it caused. I was asleep and jumped out of bed fearing it was a large scale quake. I really don't think a Jet is capable of such power.

This jet stream was spotted above Carmel Valley when Monday's boom was heard.

edit on 4/13/2012 by White2098 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

It is standard procedure to lauch two aircraft, unless not possible due to aircraft servicability. To the guy who wrote that there will be Typhoons at Brize Norton for the Olympics there will not be.

The sounds that i have heard and/or listened to are clearly Jet noise and in the video of the flash what sounds like lightening (the weather wasn't great yesterday).

Uh huh....

Originally posted by blupblup

Uh huh....

Indeed i did, I did a search on the subject after i read about it on the news and this thread came up on google. I thought i would post on the matter after reading some of the misinformed/gueswork that people had posted.

I have first hand experience of doing QRA (Quick Reaction Alert). being around various aircraft platforms and as much as i love a good conspiracy this is not one.
edit on 13-4-2012 by tootall123 because: DNS error.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

Originally posted by robhines

Originally posted by thefamiliar
I think that and the apparent "balloon" that shut Gatwick this morning alongside reports of sonic booms over Ireland and UFO sightings over Brisol means theres definatley more than meets the eye.

Wow, I should really be following the news! Thanks for that, will check for more on those a bit later if I can.

It's on here
www.itv.com...

Just watched that news report and the guy being interviewed in the bar is an old school friend of mine I lost touch with a few years ago. The bar is a 2 minute walk from my house so I think I'll pop in and see him.

Double thanks for posting that.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by noface

hi noface
can u let us all know what your old pal says
cheers
dave

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well the only way I can see this being the result of a jets sonic boom is if they were flying super sonic less than 300m off the ground. Wath this episode of mythbusters that shows exactly what happens when a super sonic jet flys past. The good stuff starts at the 4:30 mark.

enjoy...

For those that dont want to or cant watch the clip, it pretty much shows that a jet going super sonic would have to be incredebly low to the ground. At 500ft off the ground the jet caused noticeable window shaking and a pretty nice pressure blast.

So with that knowledge and no reports of lowflying aircraft, I have to call BS on the jet sonic boom explaination.

edit on 13-4-2012 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Well I think given the video above, it makes me question the sonic boom story.
Jets were not flying at 500feet across the whole country to make such a boom.
However, we do have reports of people seeing jets and pics as well, so cannot quite get a clear handle on it all.
Could it be a military exercise with a new aircraft that creates such a noise and the jets were a cover story that 95% of people will just buy? Chasing something?
Intriguing indeed.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tootall123

So with first hand experience could you confirm that they would react in this manner for a civilian helecopter without confirmation of a real threat and cause all this uproar or do you think it is more likely that they were sent for a reason that we are not bieng told about?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tootall123

Of course, makes perfect sense.

Well done

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Oh the good old Sun newspaper has a great report on this incident, according to them it was what looks like a phallic shaped cloud the two Typhoon jets were sent to look at.. I did chuckle..

The Sun

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I live in Cheltenham and i didn't hear or feel a thing.although they do happen last one me and my misses felt was about 4,5 years ago made our big mirror in our front room shake on the wall.(weird feeling)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
After seeing a couple photos on the net, i gotta say that something seems fishy!!

What was that object? |Did'nt look like a cloud to me.... looked like a solid object unless it was a projection!!

I guess some of you ave seen the projected rise of Tu-Pac over the weekend.... well anything is possible!!

I doubt very much that it was a missile... from where and who?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

thats called lightening and thunder

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join