It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can collective thinking change the planet in 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Many posts point blank claim that the collective conscious is changing the planet in 2012. Some of these claims include:
1. increased pollution
2. animal die offs
3. seismic activity
4. destructive storms
5. changes in climate
6. rapture/ascension/consciousness shift

Can this actually happen?
Can this collective thinking about 2012 be changing us or the planet or the life living on the planet?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Well, according to Jung, the collective unconsious is just going to effect the people that are sensitive to influence by it.

According to people that believe in The Secret, or other such, the answer would be yes.
Regarding that, I doubt it.

On the other hand, people can and do cause physical effect with psychosomatic results, though this only manifests physically in their own bodies. Most common examples of this would be andropause or sympathetic labor where husband feels labor pains along with wife.

As to changing the world for good or bad with thought alone, me thinks not.
Sympathetic reaction may occur as a result of negative or positive thought trends since most people are extremely prone to influence through social mechanisms, like someone having a bad day at the office can put everyone else in the office off into a bad mood thereby effecting productivity or something similar.

Causing earthquakes and climate changes though? I'm extremely skeptical of anything such.
eh.
edit on 8-4-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well, the answer is YES, but NO, it's not going to happen.
edit on 8-4-2012 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I think you already know the answer to your question stereologist
lol

IRM

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

So you think that doing something like thinking good thoughts will positively affect things like drought, floods, quakes, and so forth?

Then why do you say that all of this thinking about 2012 will not cause something to happen?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Here is a typical statement about thinking becomes reality.

It is very important to start opening your heart and soul to the world
and everyone surrounding you with positive energies

Does what we think have any effect on the world. It can if we act on those thoughts. I say it does not if all that happens is people thinking.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It is by putting thoughts into action that change occurs for better or for worse.
What good does it do one's fellow beings if one just sits thinking or wishfully willing changes to occur without putting such thoughts into action - It could be said to be self deceiving and lazy.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

1 feels the collective has many different observational definitions and this effects the evaluations of the effects the collective has on what some consider reality. To 1 the collective is a grouping of conscious's from ALL* aware and unaware beings within a species or multiple species. The effects of the collective on the planet EA*RTH may include the conscious influences from EA*RTH beings as well as conscious influences from COSMIC beings who are connected and/or aware of the human collective of this sphere (and hear some humans asking for HELP)... With joint interactions SOME what are called HUMANS in their flesh vessels may be sending out signals/VIBRATIONS that may be felt by non human beings who have similar interest or CARES for EA*RTH and other CELESTIAL habitats and want to see the planet running in GOOD FREQUENCY and may HELP or ASSIST the beings of this sphere EA*RTH, in ways that the SLEEPING or non aware can not see or sense (due to them seeing only in 3rd dimension and seeking primarily only 3rd dimensional proof of changes occurring and not seeing beyond 3d or who may exist there in what is considered interdimensional existence and what they can do as well from there).

Its like dominos somewhat (your mind or THINKING transmits the data or situation of interest to 1 or more receivers and the data begins to spread within the collective). EXAMPLE: Imagine if somehow ALL the military women and men of this EA*RTH from different country govs. began to THINK how much alike they are and how much they ALL want to help their countries succeed, and then they realize that THEY ARE THE ONES WHO ARE THE FORCE OF POWER and suddenly they all COLLECTIVE SEEK PEACE
The outcome seems to be a positive vibrating military force ready to help ALL and not fight all due to the political AGENDAS set out by their bosses or overlords who may be outside the collective of this segment of the species. Their causes and effects from that point on would seem to effect the entire globe of interest in a positive manner..

Vibrating on a higher level to influence celestial creations like ASTEROIDS/COMETS-PLANETS-STARS-BLACK HOLES AND NEBULA directional movements and activities 1 feels is also possible but requires HIGHER LEVELS of VIBRATION/ENERGY and a strong understanding of these celestial creations to effect their FREQUENCIES. If your mind stops at a level of saying these celestial objects are nothing more then large pieces of un aware matter then you may require more meditation periods or guidance to better understand these objects and how they can be effected by negative or positive vibrations..

So YES 1 feels the collective influence can change a planet-Star system- or GALAXY ect. in both Positive and Negative ways DEPENDING ON THE OUTPUT ENERGY/VIBRATIONS OF THE INFLUENCING BEINGS or ENERGIES within the AWARE collective range.

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

A few questions for you if I may?

1. How do you know that there are cosmic beings? Is this faith or is there evidence?

2. Why do you suggest that vibrating on a higher level happens? Why not a lower level? Why not on the same level?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

A few questions for you if I may?

1. How do you know that there are cosmic beings? Is this faith or is there evidence? [color=cyan] I think a combination of Faith and evidence written in various forms to be accepted or denied by certain mindstates vibrating on a high or low frequency.

2. Why do you suggest that vibrating on a higher level happens? Why not a lower level? Why not on the same level? [color=cyan] I feel there is vibrating on both HIGH and LOWER levels. Thing is they BOTH have a level of ascension involved, its just 1 form of ascension will be related to a HIGHER conscious and the LOWER related to a lower form of ascension. Keeping in mind Ascension is just FREQUENCY SWITCHING so vibrate on low you go low vibrate on high you go HIGH is what 1 has been gathering in this area of understanding..

Responses in cyan color

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply.

When you state higher and lower it seems to me that you are not suggesting better or worse, or improvement or deterioration. It seems to me you are simply saying different.

Is that right or I am off the mark?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Your right, its just vibrating on a lower frequency may include interactions with SOME many wouldnt want to vibrate around who may parasite/feed from your eternal energies as opposed to vibrating on a HIGHER level with some welcoming and willing to assist in your frequency preservation and advancement so you can help others sorta like (SERVICE TO OTHERS-STO /HIGH) OR (SERVICE TO SELF-STS /LOW) I guess better or worst is more related to the evaluation / observation of the HIGHER or LOWER vibrating being. So far I get both can ascend but 1 form is lower then the other form of ascension and involves lower existing vibrating beings or higher vibrating beings..

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yes. It has always formed reality in the past. Whether it's truth or not has not always been the seen outcome. However, of one concept could be spread and agreed rather than mixed up, jarbled and distorted; I feel it has the great potential to do change the planet.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

I think you already know the answer to your question stereologist
lol

IRM

I'm pretty sure he does know the answer.

But what I'm gathering from this thread, and other threads he has posted recently, is that he's trying to see what the proponents, or believers if you will, have to say about these theories or ideas individually since most (from what I've seen) seem to contradict each other in some way, shape, or form.

At least that's what I see. Could be wrong. Maybe there is some other method to his madness

I guess we'll see.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It's all about going beyond people lining up behind some idiotic video and yelling praises without reason.

I believe there is some reason to these ideas and it certainly is not being revealed. So here is a chance in this thread to allow people to describe why they do or do not believe that collective thinking shapes our world.

There is often talk about higher frequencies and moving to a higher plane. Is higher better? In meditation aren't people asked to slow down, to relax, to become still? How does that jive with speeding up to a higher frequency?

Experiments have been done relating to prayer and the power of prayer and its ability to affect the world and the outcomes of events. Experiments have been done to test the ability of our minds to perceive things we would not expect possible. So far none of the experiments have shown anything happening. Does this affect the belief in the power of the collective?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

2012 has certainly got into peoples psyches - Many seem to be using 21st Dec 2012as some sort of marker - Some hold extreme views of an end of the world scenario - some see it as no more significant than another year closing.
Others are preparing for a survival scenario - some I guess despair -
The common thread is a lot of people are watching this date looming. I personally will be glad to see the date come and go -
Yet I can not shake the feeling that global events both political and environmental will shake the idea that things will continue as they are. I guess at best 2012 is in the psyche as "What If" and making people think a little deeper about things in general.
Also it seems that many are very dissatisfied with the way the world is - the corruption everywhere and false wars etc are all too apparent to some.
At the end of the day we are all people and capable of remarkable things if we choose to.
It is very disturbing how some feel there is no point to it all.
Perhaps we have lost something very important in our modern world - We are so disconnected from nature and the distractions of this modern world only leave a void in the soul.

edit on 10-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I recall reading about one of the ancient Greeks who thought that the end of civilization was nigh and that it was due to the inabilities of the next generation.

It's an ongoing story that there is corruption and bad things happening and that the next generation is just not up to the task at hand. I simply do not believe that is the case.

join