It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's rudest nationalities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
A poll was conducted by international travel search site Skyscanner. You have guessed it right if you thought that the French are the rudest people in the world.

Here are the top ten rudest nationalities based on the survey:

1. French 19.2%
2. Russian 16.6%
3. British 10.4%
4. German 9.9%
5. Chinese 4.3%
6. American 3.3%
7. Spanish 3.1%
8. Italian 2.3%
9. Polish 2.2%
10. Turkish 2.1%

At the other end of the scale, Brazilians, those from the Caribbean islands and Filipinos were voted least rude.

Source

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

I thought we British might be higher. I think we're just misunderstood

edit on 8/4/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81

Depends what part of Britain you go to. If most tourists go to London, it's no wonder they think we are rude. Because Londoners are rude. However, go out to the country or up north and people are much friendlier.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
also where are the aussies?
they never shutup with their meat pies and aussie rules football lol

just joking...or am i?

edit on 8-4-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
also where are the aussies?
they never shutup with their meat pies and aussie rules football lol

just joking...or am i?

edit on 8-4-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

Oh man, I used to watch that show on Discovery "Border Control" and I have never seen such hostility and rudeness like that from customs officers in Australia

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

so the Canadians are at .5 above all the rest

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I might have to agree with you. How can you vote yourself as the world's worst tourist but not the rudest?

Brits were voted third rudest nation, taking 10% of the vote. The accolade comes just months after Brits voted themselves the world’s worst tourists.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I see the Chinese were voted the world's 5th rudest people.

Certainly the less educated Chinese people can be very rude when it comes to shouting "Hello" and laughing at any non-Chinese person on the street. Some can be big on staring at you as well.

The articles link traveltrade.asia says

Yi Bao, Skyscanner market manager for China, said: “Whilst China has been voted as the fifth rudest nation in this poll, I think it is more about cultural differences that are being misinterpreted rather than actual rude behaviour.

“For instance Brits are stalwarts for queuing but this is not a common behaviour for Chinese people so could be interpreted as being rude if they do not adhere to this custom when holidaying in the UK. With so many Chinese tourists now coming to the UK, there is more chance of Brits seeing this behaviour and interpreting it as rude.”

There is some truth to that but Chinese people get annoyed at people jumping in front of them as well. When the Chinese in the streets are shouting 'Hello!", laughing and staring, they know they are being rude.

They just don't care.

China is a big country though, so it is best to think of it as being more like Europe when it comes to variations in culture, and rudeness.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

i love how my country (australia) isnt even on the list

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Depends what part of Britain you go to. If most tourists go to London, it's no wonder they think we are rude. Because Londoners are rude. However, go out to the country or up north and people are much friendlier.

I agree. I'm just about as far North in England you can get. It's pretty friendly up here. I've visited London a few times and you can tell the difference in attitudes. However I find the people of London friendly on the whole.

Perhaps a bit of xenophobia is creeping into the British mindset?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

I might have to agree with you. How can you vote yourself as the world's worst tourist but not the rudest?

Brits were voted third rudest nation, taking 10% of the vote. The accolade comes just months after Brits voted themselves the world’s worst tourists.

We probably are the worlds worst tourist. As far as holiday makers go the vast majority are young people who go away to spend a week in a foreign country drunk as a skunk, falling about, being sick on the streets, urinating in fountains and having wild sex on the beach.

I did it myself back in the day..... Good times!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
proud to be scottish canadian. the friendliest countries in the world!!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

As an Englishman who has been in a Glasgow chip shop I beg to differ....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I find the bigger the city or town the more reluctant people are to make idle chit chat and the folks seem generally more stressed out and afraid.
Yet where the hand of the mad modern world least touches a place there the peoples seem much more open and friendly and happy
Perhaps if the poll reflected reality we would find this to be so - people are people the world over and environment affects all.

edit on 8-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
How the heck are American's not #1!!

I think American's are far nastier in the rude dept than the French! People think the French are rude cause most go to Paris, um yea go to NYC here in the states or any other big city and people aren't too friendly there either. I have never been to France (waiting for someone to sponsor my trip
) but the people I have met from France were far from rude.

I am American and I it bothers me DAILY at how rude people are just while out and about. People here seem to be pissed off and angry and take it out on anyone they come across. I have given up on people being remotely nice around here. It's really sad and kind of depressing.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Whoever conducted the poll had one objective; incite division and hatred.

It's been going on since the arrival of TPTB. I know for a fact it's bull crap. I've been all over the planet. I've found people to be people wherever I go. One piece of excellent advice; If you meet more than two a-holes in one day, guess what? You're the a-hole!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

its cause your english! sorry mate,you guys made the rules.
maybe a nice trip to belfast would be better!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
I find the bigger the city or town the more reluctant people are to make idle chit chat and the folks seem generally more stressed out and afraid.
Yet where the hand of the mad modern world least touches a place there the peoples seem much more open and friendly and happy
Perhaps if the poll reflected reality we would find this to be so - people are people the world over and environment affects all.

edit on 8-4-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

I have to agree, I moved from Toronto Canada to a very small town ( less than 200 ) in Saskatchewan and was shocked at how friendly and helpful people were. It seems the closer you get to a large city the ruder people become.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

. If most tourists go to London, it's no wonder they think we are rude. Because Londoners are rude.

Thats kind of a rude thing to say.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join