It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival shelter and storage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
So after talking with some friends and what could or could not happen i decided to post a really good video of how other this guy built his shelter. Please keep in mind this is not the best video that could of been made by like hollywood or sompthing but it is still good and they probly could of took the time to show more indetail actions but i realize that. Enjoy

edit on 7-4-2012 by texasoutlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Another one I found

also a link to there site
www.greatsurvivalstuff.com...
edit on 7-4-2012 by texasoutlaw because: add link

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by texasoutlaw

Thanks for the vid op, bloody good idea using a shiping container, can anyone say hydro?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
So I was curious what it would cost to by a shipping container. On Ebay, depending on where its located and the condition you can spend about 3-5,000 for one of the shipping containers. with some patch work and a little paint those bad boys are not a bad price for a pre made shelter and then get a few friends and some beer and you got yourself the digging and container drop party

edit on 8-4-2012 by texasoutlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Don't forget that the thing needs to be painted with some sort of rubber coat to protect it from moisture/rust. You also need to be prepared for bad air in there from a lack of airflow that could be fatal. You'd be amazed at how bad the air gets in those things, just take an atmospheric monitor in for a look. Even under-road stormwater drains when dry and with slight air flow through them will usually only have about 96% of standard O2 in the air. I do a fair bit of surveying in old drains for rehabilitation with atmospheric monitoring gear, it's survivable but you get a cracker of a headache after a few hours. All the old manuals on bunker construction from the cold war show some sort of wind up air recycler, I'm not sure where/if you can get them anymore?.
Also consider drainage and some sort of sump drainage system as there'd be a hatch/ladder/stairway that will need to be watertight to prevent flooding. There has been a big push for bunker construction in Australia for bush fire protection and the rules/standards have been tightened greatly after a fair few people died in their home made jobs after the Victorian fires, not from the fire but bad quality air after they shut themselves in for "protection". be careful if you're going to do a back-yarder as if the council finds them they'll make you fill it in... Hence if you're going to do it, make sure it's finished in a week and covered with roll out grass etc to prevent you getting busted by overflying aerial photograph planes that councils use to check for illegal construction.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Paldr001au

if you had and air intake and out take system would that do much of anything to help

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by texasoutlaw

I believe it certainly would, I don't think you ned anything advanced, just something as simple as those shed ventilator fans that we call Whirlygigs here in Oz. Anything that draws air from and supplies new air would be perfect. The hard bit to it is disguising it so no-one knows you are underfoot. Are there any ex vietcong on this forum that worked the Cu Chi Tunnels? I've tried looking for some really good paperwork on their construction but without a lot of luck. Even saying so though, they got a lot of bad air in their tunnels too and they had masterfully worked the art of disguising air vents. they used to hide them in false termite nests, hollow logs etc. Maybe a big old false tree stump hollowed out to sit over it could work?

top topics

join