It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Thomas Kincade, painter of light, dies at age 54 from natural causes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This just happened yesterday at his home in California. Not much info on the subject at this time but it sounds like an autopsy will be performed. From Huff News: www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Please place where appropriate, as I know not what I've done.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Kinkade rather deliberately set himself up as celebrity painter. He actually trademarked his sobriquet "Master of light", so no other artist could use a similar line. He churned out pictures like an assembly line.

Hardly anyone else thought this, but I thought his paintings were actually macabre. Scenes of houses or of suburban blocks without a single human (or any other living thing) in sight - and the entire house lit up brightly, even those windows that obviously weren't near any lamps. Light, without shadows of anyone inside, streaming from every window including attics, cupolas, those little windows by staircases where there shouldn't have been a lamp, etc. It made the houses look haunted.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
We have a gallery of his originals here where I live and they're so darn cool. They change in mood and atmosphere with the change of lighting in the room. The gallery has a dimmer switch you can turn to see what happens and it's amazing to see that in a painting. I've always wanted one but never did end up buying one.

I didn't know much about the man but I did love his paintings and it's sad to know there will be no more.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I think a man dying at 54 is very unnatural and I hope we learn what really happened. I was not a fan of his art, but I do like the things he stood for and how he tried in his way to make a difference in the world. R. I. P. Thomas Kincade

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoonra

Hardly anyone else thought this, but I thought his paintings were actually macabre. Scenes of houses or of suburban blocks without a single human (or any other living thing) in sight - and the entire house lit up brightly, even those windows that obviously weren't near any lamps. Light, without shadows of anyone inside, streaming from every window including attics, cupolas, those little windows by staircases where there shouldn't have been a lamp, etc. It made the houses look haunted.

Well spotted; his paintings are devoid of real warmth and human interest. I have a friend who worked for him, and she called him the "Painter of Loneliness." He was apparently a real nice man, though, so RIP.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
His death at such a young age is suspicious. I
am fortunate to have one framed print. I love his
work - he certainly brought light to those who
enjoyed his art.

Rest in Peace Thomas Kincade
edit on 7-4-2012 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2012 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

His painting are devoid of warmth and human interest? macabre? Very interesting but I am sorry but I do not agree at all...I guess paintings are in the eye of the beholder and what one see's from inside themselves IMO. I've heard him speak about some of his paintings and he always stated he wanted to create a scene of love, warmth, goodness and peace in his paintings. I think he did just that. I look at his paintings and am filled with hope and the feeling that I get at Christmastime.

new topics

top topics

join