It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sounds of Mars, Venus, and other planets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I found a pretty sweet article (yes, FoxNews..
) on sounds from other planets.. or at least I think it is. The every day sounds we hear on Earth are taken for granted because we all so used to it.

Take a gander at this article and listen to the sounds. They are artificially created, but with high tech equipment.. the article states that so far we have unsuccessfully been able to fix a reliable microphone to the probes with out them malfunctioning. If you click on the link, there's a video with the sounds.. I don't think I could embed it. Anyway, I thought it was cool and so here ya go

On Venus, humans sound like bass Smurfs," said Leighton, who works in the University's Institute for Sound and Vibration Research. "The pitch of your voice would become much deeper. That’s because the planet's dense atmosphere means that the vocal cords vibrate more slowly through this 'gassy soup'.”

Sounds of Mars, Venus and other planets

edit on 3-4-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Wow.. seriously? No one cares, or even has an opinion about this? Did science just.. become boring to people?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Is it bad then when I first read the title all I thought about was Sailor Moon? Personally I am partial to Sailor mercury myself^^. Then I remembered I saw a video with the sounds of the planet Jupiter To me it sounds like an empty train station at night with the wind blowing through.

www.youtube.com...
There is the video right there.

www.youtube.com...
Here is Mercury. i have to say, I prefer Sailor Mercury much better.

www.youtube.com...
See? Much cuter.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well I don't have any experience in hearing myself in a different atmosphere other than taking a big inhale of a helium ballon and quickly talking. During deep dives talking was not a primary interest (surfacing was). So I have a concept of the high end, not of the low end, *scratches head*.

That said for the younger folks here, one will get a bigger kick using nitrous oxide properly for vehicular locomotion boost that sucking on a whippet. It also sounds much cooler!

top topics

join