It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3,168 undocumented immigrants held in largest-ever sweep

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
The federal police force conducts (training) rounding up 3k people across the country and you all can't see past your politics. When they start rounding up dissenters or other enemy combatants, you will look back and see this is where they got all that training.

I thought since the economy has tanked that the immigration issue was working itself out.

did you read the article? ..... 12 million illegals. as far as i'm concerned they can round up every murder out there and ship them back to where they came from

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If they would tighten up the fricken border we wouldn't have to spend as much cash finding and deporting illegal immigrant criminals! But what do I know I'm not an elected official.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by sealing

What it is that people are only able to run companies off of low wage labor.

ANd I have no sympathy for them.

Now there can be less companies that now can only run their company if they can provide a working wage, if they can't, then they should go out of business.

profits... and if they take away the cheap illegal labor. the companies will move to the country that will charge them the least amount of money for labor. why do you think so much of our agriculture has moved to south america

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
If they would tighten up the fricken border we wouldn't have to spend as much cash finding and deporting illegal immigrant criminals! But what do I know I'm not an elected official.

i agree bring all our armed forces back from the middle east and let them guard american soil

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Most people are so ill informed on immigration .
I grew up in El Paso Texas, and have seen all sides of the issue.

This "Round-up" may have been a money making opportunity
for the private prison industry. You know, the industry that wrote
all those crazy Arizona laws for Jan Brewer? The Feds pay this
industry a ton of money, even if they only hold them a day or two.

Like it or not this country could not function without illegal workers.
So please those of you not informed and especially those in Arizona California and Texas,
get informed before assuming you have the answers. And definitely before you vote locally.
And yes it's true,"the immigration problem" has gone down since Obama.

I believe that you are the one who is misinformed if you still believe that illegals are only doing the jobs that Americas won't. They have infiltrated many areas in the workforce. As for the jobs where they may need illegals, it does NOT take millions of them to do so.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
As for the jobs where they may need illegals, it does NOT take millions of them to do so.

It does if the motive is profit.

12 millions illegals making just one dollar an hour less than an american worker means 12 million more in profit, every hour.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Will they be held at camp fema? Would make for a convenient excuse for concentration camps. The religious right will eat it up and the liberals wont argue with it because they will get free healthcare.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

I think a lot of it are small businesses.

Besides, these companies are going to move to another country to save an almight penny whether they can hire illegal labor or not.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by Night Star
As for the jobs where they may need illegals, it does NOT take millions of them to do so.

It does if the motive is profit.

12 millions illegals making just one dollar an hour less than an american worker means 12 million more in profit, every hour.

it is more than just the dollar an hour, think of the taxes and the insurance the company does not have to pay. and illegals take abuse that others won't for fear of being turned in.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules
Will they be held at camp fema? Would make for a convenient excuse for concentration camps. The religious right will eat it up and the liberals wont argue with it because they will get free healthcare.

they should be turned back over to their own country. if we keep them at any kind of camp it is just costing us more money

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Sure, I meant that even 1 dollar adds up to a lot.

It isn't just that they do jobs that Americans won't do but they do jobs that Americans would only do for more money.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join