It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Caucus Day Story Part 2(Ron Paul winning delegates)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hello from Seattle, WA.

If you read part 1 of my caucus story you know that I became a delegate in my tiny little precinct and that I am a Ron Paul supporter. Well yesterday was the day that my district, the 43rd, selected delegates to move up to the county level and represent at the state convention which happens at the end of May, I believe.

Now the media reported a win for Romney in Washington state, which is odd because if this comes down to delegates, there's actually NO WAY to know who the winner is in any state until it's all said and done. It was also reported that in the initial caucus for my precinct that Romney was the winner. I found this hard to believe since I saw nothing but Paul supporters in the crowd. This round was a bit different.

There was just under 200 delegates in the room, the majority were clearly Paul supporters. We were all well trained on what to do to ensure victory at this caucus. To make it rock solid we formed an alliance with the Santorum supporters who had OK numbers, but had they sided with the Romney supporters would have been a problem. We put 2 Santorum delegates on our slate along with 12 for Paul, a total of 14. This was in the best interest of both campaigns. I happy to announce that it worked! Our slate won EVERY SINGLE DELEGATE.

12 for Paul, 2 for Santorum, but most importantly 0, yes ZERO delegates for Mitt Romney. The alternate rounds went just as well with Paul winning 11 or 12 alternates, the other 2 or 3 went to Santorum and Romney I believe, but were all the way down at the bottom of the alternates list so in order for them to be called up, ALL of the initial delegates would have to be unavailable for the state caucus. I was elected as an alternate so who knows, there may be a part three to this thread.

No pictures or video of Paul this time, but I thought those of you interested in the race would like to hear this encouraging news, or totally discouraging if you like Romney. Don't believe the media hype. Paul is doing better then they tell you, I can also confirm that in the north Seattle caucus which was held about three weeks ago, Paul also won 100% of the delegates, yes ALL OF THEM.

-Liquid
edit on 1-4-2012 by liquidsmoke206 because: typo

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Great news for Ron Paul. It's a little hilarious how the internet is treating the other candidates and they haven't even touched Ron Paul. (The frothy Santorum joke and The Real Mitt Romney video)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I guess I should also mention Newt Gingrich. He was represented at this caucus but by literally only 2-3 people in the room. Also, I tried to gauge, the type of people who supported the candidates.

Santorums followers looked like a bunch of scared of life church goers, Romney were old, or clean cut typical republicans. Paul's supporters were mostly young people under the age of 30, but many others as well. One of the Gingrich supporters made a 30 second speech(all delegates had this option), but all he could talk about was getting Obama out of office....it's amazing that someone can get up there and ask for support without even having anything of substance to say. I can't get behind you if you're argument is simply...get the democrat out of office. Show me some policy or philosophy.
edit on 1-4-2012 by liquidsmoke206 because: typos

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

This is good news! When I heard the Santorum crowd was teaming up with the Paul crowd I sort of cringed, but i am happy is has played out this way. thanks for the updates!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Yeah, this is the way caucuses work. The whole process is pretty new to me too, but it's not just like you go out and vote for your guy and see who gets the most. I suppose there are some down sides to the process but it does kind of ensure that the people involved actually do care, and with the opportunity to form alliances and use strategy you can really win big as Paul has been doing around Seattle.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I was just reading on dailypaul.com that some other counties in WA state have been doing well picking up 13 or 14 of 21 delegates. It's a majority so I'll take it. Nye county in Nevada did great too, Paul swept it and took ALL of the delegates.

Like I said earlier this is all pretty new to me so I'm not sure what it all means, or how much of chance Paul still has, but none of this is bad news. Just keep picking up delegates.....it's all we can really do at this point.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I received the updated results late last night.

The initial delegate count was correct: Paul 12 Santorum 2

The alternates: Paul 11(all at the top, so lets hope the 2 Santorum delegates can't make the convention), Santorum 1, Gingrich 1, Romney 1.

The Romney delegate was actually handed to their slate, we gave it to the chairman of the caucus as a gesture of goodwill for actually running a smooth and honest caucus, something that we know hasn't been happening in other places in the country. He is at the VERY BOTTOM of the alternates list, so this gesture was largely symbolic, he has almost NO CHANCE of being called up to the state convention.

top topics

join