It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of washed up has beens spouting off their mouths just to stay relevent.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It seems that everytime I look in the sports section of msn anymore there is always a new article about some washed up player or coach that is critisizeing a current coach, player or team. Most recently it has been Donovon McNabb FORMER Philidelphia Eagles QB. On thursday he went on ESPNs first take radio show and started Bashing Redskins coach Mike shannahan for his coaching style and saying that when he played his season for the Redskins he was misused. Why cant the guy just accept the fact that his prime is over and shut his mouth and go on with his life? Shannahan is still coaching and what are you doing Donovon? oh yeah! thats right ur making FREE guest appeareances on radio shows trying to keep ur name in the spot light. GIVE IT UP!

Then today he started in on Tim Tebow about updating his twitter.

"As an NFL player, and as a veteran in this game, no one cares what you're doing during the offseason," McNabb continued. "They only care about what you do on the football field.

hmm sounds like someone is a little jealous that a young QB is where you used to be (comin into his prime) but has more fans after just 2 seasons in the leauge than you did in your entire career?

later on he was asked if he feels that Tebow is the most unfairly, over criticized quarterback in the leauge instead of answering the question with class and saying something like I dont believe so. he instead answered selfishly by saying.

"Negative — I am, I am," McNabb responded. "Nobody has been criticized as much as I have."

Criticized? NO only thing that happend was people stated facts and refused to hide the truth (you got tired in the super bowl) to protect your ego. The thing is you cant handle that! You were a good QB in your time I will give you that. But now you are washed up and a has been. Your prime is past, Your career is over your a 35 yr old free agent QB that no one wants and you have been benched by the teams youve played your last 2 seasons for. So do us all a favor and disappear with dignity. Quit trying to bash people who are still doing what you can no longer do.

There are others out there that do the same but This guy is the main one right now, ya'll know anyone else like this ud like to share?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Phew, read your title and panicked, I thought how can you talk about me that way?

You are a bit harsh on McNabb, but then it is the rant so will cut you some slack.
It is hard to let go of glory, imho, to be the center of attention is addicting. Going from adoration to ho hum is painful, for the famous. To realize the best days of your life are behind you bites. When you place your identity in what you do, this is what can happen.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
Phew, read your title and panicked, I thought how can you talk about me that way?

GMTA.. I was thinking I was quite offended and am taking this personally.. but yet again, it wasnt all about me. Dammit **sigh**

Oh they have to talk about SOMETHING.. I mean, rehashing is what they do and rehashing is what keeps the fans faces glued to the radiation box. Take my husband for example. He had to have the bazillion dollar dish channel package so he could get 50 sports channels that all talk about the same old tired crap and actually play entire football games from 10 years ago.. in case you missed it I guess.. he still cheers or reacts to the superbowl game that aired 4 years BEFORE our last child was born.. go figure
Its foolhardy to even contemplate the workings of the mind of a football fan, much less the commentators.. relevent or not...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think these former coaches or washed up players that once were great and now not so great go on shows and talk radio shows for the attention and coverage. Think about it. You've been seeing this all over the internet seems to me like another way to distract you from the important news. It's ridicolous no doubt and seems they can't and won't let go of the high life, but it seems they're just playing the average person.. but its a rant so blow off the steam and get back to the important stuff.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I feel better aftr the rant

new topics

top topics

join