It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking out to my car this morning looking at the stars....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Walking out to my car in the morning, where I live is quite dark and it's nice to look at the stars, well I was staring at this really bright star for a couple of seconds, then it began to move. And the light began to dim. Now I know I was looking at it while it was stationary because I looked for a few seconds to try and gauge a distance between other stars next to it. It began to move and I just continued to my car. Any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I've seen very similar things before. I always assume satelite but there have been a few that seem to move and then disappear and there's no clouds in the sky.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you but they make you scratch your head. Nice to know I'm not the only crazy one!

edit on 30-3-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well its safe to say, assuming its a satellite does not make it so.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Enemyc0mbatant

Thats quite natural, if you stare at the stars for a bit you will notice some will dim slightly then after a little while will brighten up and then repeat.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Myself and family have seen similar things, in exactly the manner as you described it; It appears to be a star then begins to move sometimes to hover in another location or moves out of visual range. That doesn't sound like much but its amazing when you see it. I believe they are some type of surveillance drones by law enforcement or who knows what agency, but i do believe its man made . I urge everyone to start looking at the sky and talking about this.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Last year, in the winter, I had just parked in an outside car park before going late night shopping and my youngest asked if she was seeing a star, as it looked funny.

I somehow knew it wasn't, it was too bright-magnitude same as the moon and was bigger than a normal star.
I got bloody angry with it (long story) and told it to go away (or words to that effect).
It then shone a bit brighter and then zoomed upwards till it disappeared.

Just angry with them, they soon get the message. If good guys, they will understand and if bad guys, then they have to respect the anger.

BTW I have seen a UFO that actually got in my local newspaper in 1990. A cross type with 4 globes on the ends.

Peace

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

you got angry at a star?

hmmmm

In my experience to be honest if you get angry with a "good guy" he usually just thinks your a jerk and goes off, a bad one will punch you in the jaw. Just as well it wasn't a bad guy after all

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

What was the time, direction and location of your sighting? If you know these you can check against passing satellites online at the space weather website.

spaceweather.com...
spaceweather.com...

1st link searches by zip code and the second searches by country, location etc.
edit on 31/3/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

5:30 am est direction was southwest. Very early in the morning as I was leaving for work. What's weird is i have a telescope, I look at the stars often where I live, and I thought it was a planet at first due to the brightness. However I knew there were no planets in that location. Like I said it was stationary because I was trying to figure out what it was. Then it moved. Not too fast but fast enough for me to notice.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

There doesn't appear to be any satellites matching up for that time and direction on the 31st (today). However I don't know your town so the search was pretty general. I plumbed for the town of Manton as it was in a mountainous region and er-go may be pretty dark.

The ISS went over at 5:04 and would have been very bright but the direction and time don't match. I have been caught out by the ISS myself. It's a sight to behold when it goes over!

Here's the search. If your far away from Manton then the result will change. Michigan is a big place after all, assuming your location on your info is correct

spaceweather.com...
edit on 31/3/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Sorry I did leave out location... New Baltimore Michigan

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

There were no fly bys of any consequence in your area on the morning of the 31st. None but the ISS would be as bright as you say and it was too early and in the wrong direction.

I think we can rule out satellites but it still begs the question of what it was you saw?
edit on 1/4/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join