It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid to die?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
No, it's not something I can control (for the most part). I mean sure, there are a lot of things I would like to before I die, visit places and see things, but when it's my time I'm just gonna go with the flow.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Of all the things I may or may not do in my life, dying is something I was born to do. If I live too long I can always walk out into the snow like the Inuit people do. Dying is something I can not escape or avoid and I don't know when it will come for me, so why waste my time living worrying about it. When I die I want my friends and family to have a party with streamers, balloons, singing, dancing maybe even a pinata.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I used to be scared of death, used to always ponder over what it would be like, and being brought up in a Christian background, I always used to get anxiety attacks, in fact I mistook my first one as a heart attack and was literally cacking myself that I would go to Hell.

Thankfully, I eventually saw through all the mainstream religious beliefs, formed my own belief that if there is a God, he wouldn't be evil enough to condemn their own creation to eternal pain and torture, and am no longer afraid of death.

I think people fear death because of the pain associated with it. In my opinion, most people, even those who are not so religious, have that "what if God IS real" feeling, and are not only worried about the transition of death, but of the consequences that would occur if there is a type of God that today's religions preach.

The thing that really changed my fear into a carefree idea of death, was:

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” - Marcus Aurelius

I love the part that says "If there are Gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them." People don't seem to understand that just because you may have a creator, does not mean they deserve your worship, it depends on the standards that they expect to be upheld by you (think the Ten Commandments) but don't follow themselves. Pretend for a second that you had the ability to create a species, would you have the expectation that they HAVE TO worship you, even if you are evil to them? I wouldn't, and I think if you think of things this way, then you won't be so scared of death, you'll live your life, and if a God or Gods are just, then they wouldn't just you based on your devoutness.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join