It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a new 'beginning'. (Advice please)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Hello there, Anishnaabe here.
I currently live in southern ontario, but for years i have been pondering the thought of going to live up north, to live off the land. There is no happiness for me in these cities, no true Natural Beauty.

Everyone worried about what phone they should get or what dinning set they should buy (etc,), its actually really 'pathetic' in my opinion. Also another reason, the 'Required Education' for jobs nowadays is only going up, and i will never be able to get a GOOD paying job that i would like, and could live off. (My fault for being an ignorant kid in school lol)

Also its not just those reasons listed above, but the fact is i havent been Truly Happy in almost 3-4 years. The girl i thought i really had something with, and really thought the world of, just up and left.(I still cant wrap my head around this) Then their was alchohol and drugs, but my point is all i want to do is be 'one with nature'. Like how my people used to live, working together to share a common goal, To Survive.

I have been thinking about 2 different locations, Northern Manitoba, or get right up north into Iqaluit, Nunavut. Ive been reading on Nunavut, and its a beautiful place with a vast wilderness. Im not 'new' to the woods, so their is no problem there. The only problem i think i am going to see, is seeting up my housing needs. (Few options are: buy a piece of land and build a cabin. or just buy a cabin with a little bit of land) I am NOT wanting to live in any city or near any city. I want to be in a remote area, or 'off-the-radar' so to speak.

So if you know, have been there, it would be greatly appreciated if i could get some advice on what i should do, or some tips to help me on my journey.

Note: i am most likely going to leave this August, even if i dont have place to go i will find some way.

Thanks in advance, Anishnaabe

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I would say "RUN FOREST RUN!!!!" but the forests in Canada are big man. If you want to be one with nature you should do like that guy who got eaten by the bears he lived for. It's so sad lol.
ONTOPIC: I really think you need to get a hold of yourself, commit yourself to not smoking or drinking again, make a bond that you'll never break. Promise yourself you won't do it. If I were you I would live in the woods man, I mean it's so peaceful there, you can burn wood for warmth, it's so comfortable. Get a sniper rifle and hunt for food you can eat, go fish by the lake and grab a camera and film nature!!!!!!!!!!
Never mind lol, I was telling you about my dream

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I would say "RUN FOREST RUN!!!!" but the forests in Canada are big man. If you want to be one with nature you should do like that guy who got eaten by the bears he lived for. It's so sad lol.
ONTOPIC: I really think you need to get a hold of yourself, commit yourself to not smoking or drinking again, make a bond that you'll never break. Promise yourself you won't do it. If I were you I would live in the woods man, I mean it's so peaceful there, you can burn wood for warmth, it's so comfortable. Get a sniper rifle and hunt for food you can eat, go fish by the lake and grab a camera and film nature!!!!!!!!!!
Never mind lol, I was telling you about my dream

You could probably making a living filming what you do in the forests, unless you have other dreams like smoking weed all day and drinking till death.
edit on 29-3-2012 by ImaMuslim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Anishnaabe

How do you suppose to live of the land in the north?
Its too cold for growing anything most of the year, and you can't just go around and wildly start shooting animals.

What is your plan?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
In my country there are plenty of woods you can live in, and the government would probably never know I live there unless they were to call a company to erase the forest. It's hard to live north of Canada, the weather is so cold there. First you need to get hold of bunch of money before you head there, I would say that you should live very cheap for a while. Collect food with a long expire date and that can be contained in cold weather. Buy a pickup or jeep, get a hatchet and a pick-axe to search for gold. And most important, get a damn wife

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaMuslim

Lol thanks for the post.

And yeah, i would already be doing that on the Reserve i live in, but our hunting and gun rights got thrown out the window.

And yeah my dream too, when ever i go out and just take a walk through the forest i feel at home, i feel like i should never have to leave it and embrace what it has to offer.

I have tried to quit smoking many times, but i have cut back ALOT, and im close to being finished. and drinking, ive only went out and drank once since new years, so im doing good there.

Originally posted by CB6699

How do you suppose to live of the land in the north?
Its too cold for growing anything most of the year, and you can't just go around and wildly start shooting animals.
What is your plan?

Do you even have knowledge of how people live up north? (No insult intended) Small communites get goods flown in/boated in. Their you could get your essentials and greens and w.e else. Some families, the wife works in the community, while the man go out and hunts and fishes. Trust me, its not hard unless your attached to this easy life people have nowadays in the city.

Their is some greenhouses, not many, and they are only in certain cities, but like i said, goods get shipped in.
And of course not, only a complete FOOL would think they could do that, honestly if you think i DONT have respect for the land, then why are you even questioning my thoughts? I love mother earth and everything she offers, unlike most of the city folk nowadays.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Maybe instead of moving North and depending upon others to ship goods to your new local, you should look to moving to Alberta or Saskatchewan?

The climate is bit more suited for self sustainment.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Yeah i have thought of that, but id rather rely (somewhat) on the shipped goods than be in the lifestyle i am in now.
also another good point, i dont think i know the True me, and this would help me realize who i really am. As society has shaped us all into being someone where not, i look to get away from that.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I think you know the true you...you just haven't acknowledged it yet. It can be disturbing realizing your weaknesses and strengths. Once you acknowledge these, build upon your strengths and correct your weaknesses.

The thing is, you, not others must do this for yourself.

Crap! Now ya got me sounding like a zen master.
I think the only thing missing was "Grasshopper."

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

thanks for my first laugh of the day.

If this me right now, is the true me, then i no longer want to be a burden to my family, id rather been in the next 'life'.
(I dont give up that easy)

This 'journey' as i will call it, its mostly to recognize what im capable of, and to prove to my self that i can change for the better. Because right now nothing is working, and i just need to be alone to figure things out. Each and every day i spend here (where i live now) just makes me want to leave even more. In these months coming up i will be thinking about how i will go about dealing with leaving my family and loved ones. also i have been thinking about south America or even Africa. but im a little weary on those two places.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Good on you for not giving up. Life is conflict, whether we like it or not.

How we let that conflict effect us is totally up to us. I learn from every experiance I have had throughout life. The day I stop learning is the day I die.

Though there are those on this site who will say I have ascended. That'd be cool.

Did you mean leary?, rather than weary?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

*Snipped*

Yes, i believe the same. No one would be who they are today without the challenges they've had to overcome on their journey through life. Yet mine is just beginning.

And yes, i meant leary, im bad with words like that
i used to be excellent at english.

Although there has been days where i have wanted to just give up, but i continue to push on.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

*Snipped*

Yes, i believe the same. No one would be who they are today without the challenges they've had to overcome on their journey through life. Yet mine is just beginning.

And yes, i meant leary, im bad with words like that
i used to be excellent at english.

Although there has been days where i have wanted to just give up, but i continue to push on.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CB6699

This is more of a stupid comment.
Whats wrong with his opinion? Nothing.
So why are you posting here when both of your posts criticize another member?

I will ask you nicely to not post again. Unless you have something NICE to say.

top topics

join