It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impossibility of relativism?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
this is the point, subjectivity is nothing to relativity

relative is always to smthg absolute, what says relative say relation to else so objective concept exist in being real, reality is always a relative stand still

subjective is refering to individual absolute freedom so only itself

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i think knowing why u cant see the truth

before when objective was nothing to truth, truth was absolute superiority, for freedom moves always right

as soon as objective truth became a fact, truth conception changed to truth as freedom value objective constant

so u lack the fundament reason of objective value, which is freedom value of course but also objective superiority

the reason is powerful evil oness which convince u that truth is what u see complex to realize, to increase its powerful life while killing absolute freedom rights and true value, which is objective superiority

if u admit that truth is freedom, then u can see how subjective cant be ever true, while relative is always objective since relative fundament is relative to truth,

freedom constancy cant but be absolute superiority so always getting higher in absolute terms or nothing freedom when objective fact force the freedom to be still reality

that is why surely existence is positive way

while subjective clearly mean still constancy that is never due to objective fact or realisation so a will to be positive existence, what is a will is opposition to truth

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

Important point about how we perceive the world. I am convinced that our brain processes the world about us (Newtonian world) to simplify it. It just gives up on things it cannot see or it sees millions of miles away. Can you imagine a dog trying to catch a frisbee which obeys quantum mechanics! It might actually be happening, we just see/know the "processed" version of the world.

So all truths are subjective

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Interesting thought. I like it.

I read about that somewhere...I can't recall.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

truth is freedom so never what u see, u cant see any truth unless u realize ur freedom objectively, then knowing what u realized exactly make u see differently everything else and also true free moves or rights

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
tht is why u r necessarily liars in claiming believing what u say being a truth

that is why any subjective belief is always a willing creation, based on the will to b free in extreme wrong way

like satan mean too being free by kicking everything, u do it subjectively by pretending having an own self case but clearly meaning no relation to anything objective

that is why all ur claims are absurd, u r evil and u know it and u love it, which is logical in knowing what it means to b true but not logical in knowing that there cant b but truth

like ur claims of free wills or free means, totally absurd

how a free will is about what u r getting? free will the word clearly say that u do smthg alone

how a free mean is about the right to force an opinion on else and everything? while free mean point clearly a stand back right for its own mean that has nothing to do with all else

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
For what something states it can be absolutely true.

I'm wondering if we think of absolute in different terms. Absolutely true means true in all circumstances, places, times. I was born female. That will always be true, no matter where I go, what I do, how much time has passed - even in 12,533 years, it will remain true. I am female and 28yrs old. That will not always be true so it cannot be absolute even if it is more precise.

"Female" is simply a word we use to describe a person's sex. Who is to say that in 1000 years we haven't evolved to the point where we have a different sexual classification system and it is discovered that you are not really female as previously thought? Would your claim still be valid?

This is the point I (and I think others) are trying to make: knowledge and truth cannot be absolute because they are relative and prone to revision.

I guess you would have to show me how simply stating that I was born female isn't absolutely true for what it states.

Stating you are born female is not absolutely true, you just believe that it is based on the interpretations and opinions of society and those around you. If "female" had been named "krendo" you would be saying that you being born a krendo is absolutely true when it is actually a subjective interpretation.

And besides - you're not actually arguing that absolute truth doesn't exist, but that our language struggles to convey it adequately.

I think I am kind of arguing both, but I concede that my expression could be improved.
edit on 28/3/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

Even the conclusion that you are female (made by you or anyone else), is based on sense data. This sense data is subjective regardless of how concrete it may seem to you. Our senses are all we have to determine the nature of the physical world around us. Now, due to the subjective nature of the input to those senses, it is not prudent to suggest that anything we conclude based on the interpretation of this data by our senses is in anyway reliable as an absolute, no matter how sure of it we are. The only thing we can be certain of is that we have the idea of female. The idea is all we can 'know'.

It is therefore important that you are specific about which category of "truth" you hope to nail down. It is even more important that you be specific being the one asking the questions. There is a difference between what makes you a woman or what colour your hair is and what is "right" and "wrong" and worthy of reward or punishment.

Of physical truth, I do not feel we can know all too much for certain. When it comes to right and wrong, it is definitely safe to say, that they are on a sliding scale. Unless of course it is still o.k. to stone children who mock bald elders.

Truth is relative.
edit on 1-4-2012 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

u mean truth of objective existence is relative, yes mayb

but u cant claim that truth fact is relative, otherwise it wont b truth

if u mean that truth is relative bc it means one then one is the truth so there is no truth then to ur mind, only one powers and wills

truth by definition is absolutely objective fact so what is true is exclusively absolute objective value, which confirm that truth is the concept of PLUS, and why it is freedom out of objective value

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

The problem is that while objective truth might exist in some form somewhere, our interpretation (as humans) of what we believe is truth is really subjective and relative. I do not deny that absolute truth might exist in some form somewhere, just that all the things we believe are objective truth are actually subjective. I don't believe humans are fully capable of grasping objective truths because everything is relative.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

The objective truth cannot be grasped. It is like trying to grasp a waterfall. The waterfall can be seen and experienced but if you were to put it in a bucket it would just be a bucket of water.
What is seen is always moving and changing.
What sees never moves or changes.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

relative is absolutely right always, the problem is the will to not b relative, that is why we are talking about truth as to force its right of existence from all means to possess all existence and absolute realities

the meaning of truth existence is simply to admit the fact that there is always superior right to u wether subjectively or objectively, u cant b an absolute freedom superiority, subjectively u can b a relative freedom superiority as self existing one while u r as an individual freedom only that fact
being only that fact is not being that freedom absolutely, absolute is to objective reality while reality is exclusively from recognizing else right existence or truth freedom superiority so truth conception as u pointed it not smthg existing

but the way of relative is to b true too by making itself as a reality of freedom truth conception, so simply being the objective positive fact of the superior subject free energy he is out of all

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join