It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont push the RED button!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
is there a way one can close there own thread that they started?

might one need just message a moderator?

just think a thread can have an end once solid information is presented to the original poster, and then if the original thread poster wants to end it on a positive note they can if they so choose.

i think there is a big problem with " thread graffiti " im calling it. this is the continued posting on a thread with out gathering the basic flow of the prior post. this results in the true points of a great to be lost, and doomed to repeat.

in this land of stars and flags a kill switch would be a proper balance.

would cut back on a lot of useless data storage.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

This data is going to be very valuable soon.

Theres a reason EVERYTHING is saved.. one that few will see.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
if i had to bug out with a fist full of information it would be proper survival info

not a fist full of facebook post.

is all im getting at.

if you start the thread then why not have the ability to end it before the value is lost?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The problem is people will look at the OP and give their 'guess' and never look at the answers

BTW you forgot to add the red button... but don't push it
its not pretty what happens

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

far too reipe for abuse , by people who expect people to agree with them then have a tantrum when they dont

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

they would only stop there thread.
only abuse i see is someone shooting them self in the foot.
i see no harm.
dosent mean you need to take every ones gun away.

sounds like obama trying to take my gun.

i still respect your opinion.
edit on 27-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
because about the first hour, people will discover that they can claim to be eep*ork from the third density then hit the thread-end button, thus stopping any reply. And ATS will be full of one or two post threads.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Epic face palm. Outdid yourself there melon head. If I come to a thread and it is closed I am less likely to read it. Whats the point if I can't contribute? I may not have anything to add in the beginning, but then something somebody else says might spark a reply. Might as well be reading a magazine. Thats the beauty of the internet.
Read that (INTER active) NET.

Kill switch, bah. Thats censorship. Once you post your thread, you are along for the ride wherever it may lead. Try and filter out the rubbish and not reply to it all the time (thus adding to the rubbish I have to filter). Nuff said on this dead idea thread.

By the way did you hit Zorgon's Red Button?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Threads are closed for T&C Violations and that is usually the only reason. There is nothing wrong with alerting the thread to staff (with details) and letting staff discuss a closing....but that does not mean it will be closed.

If posts are being made that have nothing to do with the topic (off topic posts), those can be alerted and staff can leave a PSA on the thread to keep to topic....that is another option.

edit on March 27th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
The problem is people will look at the OP and give their 'guess' and never look at the answers

BTW you forgot to add the red button... but don't push it
its not pretty what happens

Well of course I pushed it.

I was expecting to get RickRolled, but that was scary.

top topics

join