It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hippies head for Noah’s Ark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

A mountain looming over a French commune with a population of just 200 is being touted as a modern Noah's Ark when doomsday arrives – supposedly less than nine months from now.

A rapidly increasing stream of New Age believers – or esoterics, as locals call them – have descended in their camper van-loads on the usually picturesque and tranquil Pyrenean village of Bugarach. They believe that when apocalypse strikes on 21 December this year, the aliens waiting in their spacecraft inside Pic de Bugarach will save all the humans near by and beam them off to the next age.

As the cataclysmic date – which, according to eschatological beliefs and predicted astrological alignments, concludes a 5,125-year cycle in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar – nears, the goings-on around the peak have become more bizarre and ritualistic.

www.independent.co.uk...

For decades, there has been a belief that Pic de Bugarach, which, at 1,230 metres, is the highest in the Corbières mountain range, possesses an eery power. Often called the "upside-down mountain" – geologists think that it exploded after its formation and the top landed the wrong way up – it is thought to have inspired Jules Verne's Journey to the Centre of the Earth and Steven Spielberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Since the 1960s, it has attracted New Agers, who insist that it emits special magnetic waves.

Interesting story on what some people are doing to escape dooms day. As weird as it seem for one to do there is some reading material that supports this theory.......I've made a thread about it in the past.....www.abovetopsecret.com... - I try to keep an open mind about the events taking place or events thought to be or predicted to take place on Earth in the next years. I don't really buy into the Mayan calendar hoopla as it's just a calendar like many others that restart on the last day on the calendar or the 2012 alignment as planets are not on the same plane in the alignment and planet alignments occur all the time without any disaster. I do however put a lot of credit in the Phoenix Journals in with the reference to Alien Intervention says will be on Earth in the times of great upheaval to save the Human race.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I try to keep a open mind but this sounds like alot of wishful thinking i doubt the aliens are going to be beaming down on that spot..
peace,sugarcookie1

new topics

join