It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theistic entrapment by Language...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
have I been trapped by language into theistic belief systems and could any doubt of theism be just a conspiracy against myself?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
have I been trapped by language into theistic belief systems and could any doubt of theism be just a conspiracy against myself?

The only way out of such spiritually abusive ENSLAVEMENT is to read and think for yourself. Otherwise be careful who you associate with. 87% of the people in this world are followers. Most of the leaders are drunk on the power...

Got Christian problems? Read the bible from page 1 through the end, let Jesus transform the story into your heart - just like Superman, Howard Roark or Johnathan E. Then read or at least consider Atlas Shrugged, especially John Galt's speech. OK you may want to revese that sequence...

this is John Galt speaking...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Were you trapped into theism by language?

Absolutely, I do think so. However, it depends on your experience.
A lot of theistic evangelical worship nowadays includes forms of self-hypnosis, natural releases of brain chemicals similar to opioids, and other direct experiences caused by repetitions of mental hammering and releases.
Then there's popular forms of modelling behavior, including a belief that one is demon-possessed, and exorcism.

Since religion is pushed in film, the media and other daily forums, one is probably already somewhat conditioned before one engages in a conscious debate with theism. Even the science channels today are largely based on programs about hauntings and the unproven supernatural, which often have a religious subtext, for example.

Images and sensations are also important, however the ultimate form of bombardment is through language.

This could be good if the language has really convinced you of theism, but you seem rather uncertain.
This is good too, because it gives you time to research various perspectives again.
The self is a matter of flux and becoming and not a destination.
The only conspiracy against yourself is assuming a position you are not happy with.
You can exist happily and not be a theist, many atheists and animists do so, for example.
If you're not a theist it's only a personal conspiracy against the God or gods you choose not to accept.
And no theist accepts all of them.
So say you become a convinced theist in the Christian Trinity for example, you'd have to simultaneously become an atheist to thousands of others, like Allah, Shiva, Zeus, Thor, Mithra and so forth.
edit on 23-3-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
but I am a theist and I agree with theism... it is what I want and accept, I was thinking more along the line of helping my godless buddies escape. Maybe if they unlearn English and travel in time to prevent their parents from ever introducing them to society. Maybe have the parents lock them in a white room their whole life and teach them their own special language with meanings and expressions for words.

I've chosen life already it was required of my beliefs...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I find the language around churches to be more "binary minded" than most other places. And false interpretations that are controlling are all too common. Even communion is a rationalization forming an us/them which Jesus didn't teach. EG John 6:50-58 - where in 58 the distinction between the metaphor and the tangible food items is explicitly stated, and ignored by everyone "taking communion". Not to mention all the gay-hate and sexual oppression of nudity directly causing sexualization, and on and on. The the Parasee mindedness to boot - advocating laws to enslave women to fetuses... Childhood bullies gangs to call other kids what they fear (gay) and go after them...

The road to hell seems so well paved by the good intentions, and re-enforced by the communities. Of course the church could be one that welcomes Jezabell - which brings a different set of "issues". No man-made church is perfect - as outlined by John in Rev.
edit on 3/26/2012 by reitze because: +

top topics

join