It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan readies anti-missile defence for N Korea rocket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Japan readies anti-missile defence for N Korea rocket

www.bbc.co.uk

Japan has ordered missile defence systems to be prepared in response to the planned launch of a North Korean long-range rocket next month, Japanese Defence Minister Naoki Tanaka has said.

I have ordered officials to prepare to deploy the PAC-3 and Aegis warships," Mr Tanaka said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
North Korean, seems to be rocking the boat again.
I see the Japanese are using Aegis ships. At sea the only known defence against any missile is the aegis ballistic missile. I believe its called Aegis/SM3.
North Korea's big brother China, have DF-21D missiles and the only known defence is the Aegis/SM3.
I wonder what missile the North's using to launch their so-called satilite.
Ill keeping an eye on this.

If this has already been posted please remove. Thankyou.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mackey1224uk

If north Korea pulls the same stunt they did last time, I hope Japan shoots the damn thing down. Testing a ballistic missile by purposely launching it over another country, as North Korea did to Japan during their last test, is asking for a response.

If its going over Japan this time around, I really do hope Japan shoots it down.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

If north Korea pulls the same stunt they did last time, I hope Japan shoots the damn thing down. Testing a ballistic missile by purposely launching it over another country, as North Korea did to Japan during their last test, is asking for a response.

If its going over Japan this time around, I really do hope Japan shoots it down.

Indeed, I agree. If the missile's flight path goes over Japan, it would be classed as an act of war and the Japanese have every right to blow it outta the sky.

One wonders if there's chinese whispers pushing their pet on a lead. This is very useful info for China, to see if the Aegis War Ships, can take down the NK's missile. Aegis ballistic missile, (ABM). The Aegis/SM3 is the last line of defence against the chinese DF-21D ship killers or anyother misslile for that matter.

Here's abit more info on the Aegis, www.mda.mil...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I really do not think the relationship between China and North Korea is all its cracked up to be. The Chinese have warned North Korea about their planned launch. I think the only reason China tolerates North Korea is to prevent The US from having an ally directly on their border.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
If you ask me Japan has the right to pull a Mossad and destroy the thing before it has even launched, especially when N.Korea has been so blunt about the situation.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think Japan should send some test missiles flying over NK territory. See how they like it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

all of that mainly for RF

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
What does a country who cant feed its people need big expensive rockets for?Also they just made a deal for food now this?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Everyone calm down. Do a bit of research and you'll find that the USA, Russia, China, Europe and everyone else for that matter launch their satellites in an easterly direction. Why? Because the Earth rotates counter-clockwise and launching to the east is easier and far more efficient.

NK has given the world plenty of notice of their impending launch, and given that Japan is directly to the East, it is really no surprise that their rocket will pass over Japan. Japan's diligence is fine, of course they should be on guard, but this is not necessarily a belligerent act on North Korea's part. So relax on the propaganda, there is no need to get your blood boiling over this.

Besides, NK's social/political track record is far more damning than their space program. They may have no respect for human life, and that is certainly something to be upset about, but they do have to respect the laws of physics. It's just a rocket launch.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Orwells Ghost because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Orwells Ghost

Yeah your right on that.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

What's the big deal? US shuttle launches went right over China and Russia, and they never complained.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake

all of that mainly for RF

You've lost me?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The frigging experts in japan who built 6 nuke reactors on a fault line can STFU and i have noticed the rate of cancer has shot up in people around me and not a world said in the press.

We don't have terrorists on every street corner but we have someone who will have cancer at some stage on every street corner if each house has 3 people living in it yet we don't have money to fight that war because we are told we need to fight this war on terror, war on drugs.

What about the war on cancer or have i not been taking my prescription of floride!

new topics

top topics

join