It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOMETHING BIG IN STEREO IMAGES, Pic Posted

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by paperface

A fibre on the lens?not possible.

What do you think it is? It's been there since STEREO began transmitting images. Always on STEREO A, never on STEREO B. It's been moving perfectly in sync with STEREO A for years even during 180 degree rolls. What does astral plane shifting have to do with it? To believe the object is something actually out in space and not in the imager is the beginning of a quagmire.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Anything is POSSIBLE.....even spaceships....but not everything is PROBABLE.

Actually, if space and/or time is infinite, or if the "multiverse" hypothesis is correct, then everything is indeed probable.

Sort of explains some of the people I see posting on ATS, actually.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Maybe its just a glitch? Maybe a invisible space ship? Maybe maybe could be could be. We cannot say for sure, unless the government outright tells us something how can we be sure? Unless we see it with our own eyes... we cant..

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

Actually, if space and/or time is infinite, or if the "multiverse" hypothesis is correct, then everything is indeed probable.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
well i guess i'm not the only one interasted in this

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Egads! Slapped with a meme!

Though perhaps it is justified. When I wrote that post about an infinite universe and probability, I should have added that I was not a proponent of the "Giant Cloaked Thingie Near the Sun" idea. It seems to me that the phenomenon discussed in this thread is most likely caused by a...well, by a thread. (OP missed out some great thread title opportunities with this, IMO)

I find the "probability" discussions in threads like this one to be fascinating. On the one hand, people point to an ever-increasing stack of evidence that indicates the observable universe abounds with "life as we know it" environments. We can also point to the ever-expanding list of extremophiles as evidence for support of the existence of "life as we don't know it"(I rarely see this point brought up, however.)

On the other hand, people point to the lack of clear, credible evidence that this planet has been--or is being--visited by advanced, non-human intelligences. It is also undeniable that there have been a great many fraudulent claims or hoaxes, as well as simple misinterpretations of terrestrial phenomena.

So arguments can be made for the probability or "likelyhood" of either side of the debate. Too often, this results in bickering accompanied by much waving of Occam's Razor, after which everyone goes home annoyed.

This particular discussion is interesting to me because of the "improbability" of both explanations. An errant fiber in the optics of a zillion-dollar space telescope that was constructed using modern "clean room" environments? Not very freaking likely. A giant cloaked thingie inside the orbit of Mercury? Not very freaking likely.
Given no other data, choosing the "least improbable" of those two scenarios would basically come down to personal opinion(IMHO). In this case however, the rotation images give credence to the thingie being an errant fiber as opposed to an itinerant Death Star.

So if you remove the "...therefore Aliens" part of the meme, it fits my general opinion on the topic of ETs. In other words:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
bumping, i still dont believe thats a piece of fabric floating around in space with out multi billion dollar satilite

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
yeah, i love how all the good conspiracies never make it on this site, but all the garbage has 1000 flags

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
yeah, i love how all the good conspiracies never make it on this site, but all the garbage has 1000 flags

I'm looking at a garbage thread with only 19 flags.

This thing's been beaten to death. At least try to make it interesting with a decent reason for dismissing all the explanations posted. Your incredulity isn't cutting it.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

bumping, i still dont believe thats a piece of fabric floating around in space with out multi billion dollar satilite

Are you trolling or being serious? I asking you seriously by the way. Mainly because this thing has been covered dozens if not hundreds of times.

The explanation is right here.

The fibre has been there since launch day.

It's been thoroughly explained on here, from multiple sources, multiple times. There is no other explanation for it. The one that is given is satisfactory.

I think the real question, is if its not a fibre, why does it look, act, pretend to behave like one. Is it a multi dimensional mini ship from Planet X that snuck into position back in 2006. And it hasn't moved from the point of reference since? It of course, would have had to move all over space simply to keep that same point of reference on the lens.

But the space alien ship, did all this? Flew all over space at insane speeds, simply so it could show up in the exact same point on the lens time after time since 2006....

Yeah.

Or maybe it's just a fibre.

If not I'm going to take my lotto ticket into the head office. You know, even if my numbers aren't showing up as winners, they must be... Because.... I don't believe they are not winners. They should honour me right?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Wow,

some fiber!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join