It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Official" Star Trek thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The original series, and TNG are both offerings of Netflix streaming video, and are 2 of the many reasons we stay on a subscribers..It's great to watch the episodes in order, over a relatively short time span.
We're running through Next Generation this month. I think some of the other Trek shows are there too, but those two are my favorites.

I one ate lunch at Paramount with 4 off duty, but in-costume Ferengi. They ordered the salad bar.
I also saw Wheaton's bicycle in his parking spot..LOL

I don't think I qualify as a trekkie, or a trekker...I do love the series though..
For me, one of the most memorable, and engaging TNG episodes was their First encounter with the Borg. Thanks to Q. I was on the edge of my seat..or rather couch.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Oh yeah, you're a trekkie. You know what a Ferengi was. TNG and TOS are your favorite series. You posted on the Star Trek thread.

I'm sorry, but you've just outed yourself as a Trekkie.

I'm of the younger generation. Deep Space 9 and repeats of TNG were on playing on the TV when I was really young even if I didn't know what they were or what was going on. All I really remember was TNG's theme music and that Odo and Quark scared me. As I said, I was way too young to appreciate the show or even know what was going on.

I rediscovered Trek about 4-5 years ago when I was in high school. TOS' Return of the Archons was my first episode and to this day it's still probably my favorite TOS episode.

Then there was a time later in high school when I was horribly lonely and struggling to maintain my (crappy) social life and get approval from my circle of so-called friends. Well I was kind of new at the school too. Anyway one of them invited me to the homecoming game to help me socialize and he ended up ditching me and leaving me alone with no ride home.

So I eventually got home pretty upset with the whole thing..I had no faith in the goodness of people. And then I checked out the TV and there was some TNG playing. It was the episode where one of the kid's parents ends up getting killed while on an away mission and is left orphaned. And later on Picard says something to him like, "No one is ever alone on the Enterprise."

After hearing that line, I knew I found where I belonged. I became a Trekkie

edit on 7-7-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

hehe

Now that we have that sorted out. I feel FREE!
I did the Vegas Star-trek Experience at least 4 times...It's gone now...But it was pretty cool while it lasted.
After the "experience" you were dumped into a gift shop, which is typical. Then you could visit Quark's bar.
We ordered HamBORGERS...Actually pretty tasty...I bought a TeddyBorg souvenir for a coworker, who was a full fledged trekkie. Owned a uniform, went to conventions, etc.....

Did you ever go through the Star Trek experience in Vegas? I think it was in a Large Holiday Inn, off the strip.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I wish! I live in NV too. I wanted to take a trip to Vegas for my 21st birthday just to do the Star Trek experience, but I couldn't afford it to go by myself.

My older brother went and did the Star Trek experience while he was in Vegas knowing I was a full-blown Trekkie and never invited me

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Also thought I'd add my own "you might be a Trekkie if..." to the OP's very funny list. Here goes: You might be a Trekkie if at the end of a really bad day you say "Computer, end program."

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

My friend you are a Trekkie

Unfortunatelly for me, i live in Greece and it was very difficult for me to travel to Vegas.
But a friend of mine is organising small conventions here in Greece and i have met a few actors and a few crew members.

Hopefully and if everything goes as planned,she will hold one in October.

You are all invited

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
A perfect spot for this video? I think so.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Now, that would be one fun trip!

Alas, I can't afford it at this point. Hopefully next year.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I would LOVE to go to Greece. But I jut can swing it financially at the moment. But the invitation is highly appreciated.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I forgot in my introduction to say that the first part of my signature is from the ST:Voyager episode "Distant Origins". I just watched that episode tonight and remembered how much it resonates with me.

Eyes open, friends.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot

Now, that would be one fun trip!

Alas, I can't afford it at this point. Hopefully next year.

Originally posted by spacedoubt

I would LOVE to go to Greece. But I jut can swing it financially at the moment. But the invitation is highly appreciated.

It would be great if both of you could come.Of course it's not certain yet if she will do it this year,due to some personal problems that she has.

Originally posted by ottobot
I forgot in my introduction to say that the first part of my signature is from the ST:Voyager episode "Distant Origins". I just watched that episode tonight and remembered how much it resonates with me.

Eyes open, friends.

It's one of my favourite Voyager episodes.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Just got the new HD version of TNG, it's not half bad like......... watching the SD version on a 42" plasma was a bit poo.

The remastered TOS versions in HD were pretty damn awesome too.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

nah, not really...
Star Trek is the result of the liberal side taking over
Star Wars is the result of the conservative side taking over

so....the whole Star Trek/Star Wars debate is basically democrats versus republicans

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

The question is:
Who will win?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
reply to post by PurpleChiten

The question is:
Who will win?

For me, it's Star Trek forever!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Phantom Traveler--here is the 2nd installment of my tribute to Star Trek and Star Trek fans. I hope you don't mind me posting it on your beautiful thread where it will get more exposure!

Wish me luck for the dreadful hit-and-miss 3rd season. See you there!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you

The video is awesome and although it should have its own thread,i'm glad that you posted it here.

For anyone that is interested, here is the season one video:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Zefram Cochrane had it wrong, with his Phoenix 'rocket-launched' warp-drive test. I think this guy's approach is more correct.

"Building A Warp Drive"
barrytaff.net...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

WOW thanks for this.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join