It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard Evidence for Simulation Hypothesis Uncovered! COMPUTER CODE Discovered Hidden in Superstring Eq

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
Ok I get the whole "simulated reality" argument....but I have never seen an avatar in a game I play recognize the fact that it is part of a game or simulation. So, if this is true, how would we become aware of the true simulated nature of reality? Wouldn't the code written into man limit our understanding? Wouldn't the whole reason for the simulation be underminded if the avatars "mankind" were to discover the very synthetic nature of the universe?

If anything this theory gives support to an "intelligent design" argument, and if there is indeed an all powerful "God" then it would make complete sense to me that there would be a "fingerprint" of design, or order where the theory of evolution would say there is to be chaos.

I know! And the crazy thing is this is not just a "fingerprint." This is more like a full blown Easter Egg hidden in the software! I mean you literally can't make this stuff up. It's right out The 13th Floor.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
So maybe what is gonna happen 21 dec 2012.... is they end the simulation? Maybe this was what the mayans knew... The end of the cycle of simulation? Or maybe ascension means we finally understand why we are here... to simulate the past for our future selves: The Alien Greys(Are actually us from the future, the guys running this simulation.. their UFOs are actually time machines/simulation observers) That would explain why they are so shy... They want the simulation to run uninfluenced by them

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Whoa, this is a bit to take in... but wow.

This is amazing.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Does this mean I need to go to work tomorrow still? Because if not...being a simulation ROCKS!

On a more serious note, OP you should watch:

It ties in well with some of the implications a "simulated world" would suggest.

maybe the designer of the simulation encoded hints that would eventually lead to the realization of what we are. The ancient world seems to be a bit of a conundrum, we cannot accurately remember who we were and how the hell we all got to where we are.

Maybe the whole ancient world never really existed but the ancient evidence was planted here before the simulation "started" as a way of creating a simulation that slowly becomes self aware that it is indeed a simulation. Which would then basically be a supercomputer that is aware its running simulations. The operator would not longer have to create and initiate new simulations for the supercomputer to run, it would run itself.

Maybe were a simulated attempt at creating real artificial intelligence within a supercomputer...

lol...who the hell knows...right...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Ive always suspected this was all a game of sims on gods PC.

I knew it.

Humans are really god. If we were created by a computer in the future we created then we are god himself.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Hmm, not a source? I'd like to read more on this without having to winnow through all the chaff inevitably in the way.

But I will say one thing about the topic title, the concept of error correction was around long before the internet and browsers. Parity bits were first added in about 1950 to magnetic tape to ensure coherent data transfer.

But as I say, you cannot go on this video alone, it has to have a verifiable source, at least for me.

--

perhaps these references from the youtube video description can help others also.

scovery? Your guess is as good as mine.

References
1.) Recent NPR interview with Professor Gates: being.publicradio.org...
2.) Gates original paper: arxiv.org...
3.) A potential explanation, Bostrom's Simulation Hypothesis: www.simulation-argument.com...

Ahh from his PDF document...

Proof: It follows from the proofs of Theorem 7 and Lemma 7 of Ref. [13], that every binary, doubly-
even [N; k]-code, with k < [(N), may be completed to a binary, doubly-even [N; [(N)]-code by
adding ([(N) k) linearly independent generators and the generated code-words; see Ref. [12].  X
However, this may be dicult to discern from any preferred choice of generator sets.

So simple, it all makes perfect sense now!!! And on that note, I'm going to go have a nice lie down.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I would like to say we are a privileged few who get to see, that potentially the big bang invented itself. It was so it could conceive of a life-form to be able to thank it, by inventing a quantum technology so powerful to do it again for it to all play out, in a gigantic loop of probabilities being just perfect enough to support it.

In Essence these theories Confirm GOD, but The Mayans and Hindus Learned it was all cyclical if GOD is Time.

In order to exist it had to create the conditions to make itself. Quantum physics supports an argument like that.

I can get more into it later, it's 4am EST for me, and I had to at least put something here.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ajax84

You forgot a third option.

D)The finding is erroneous. First the equations are human made and theoretical, as part of a proposal to prove string theory. So it is all theory and all human generated data. So it is easier to accept that at some point some of the logic behind the theory and the myriad of formulas some simulations or computing occurred, making it possible that a binary string (not computer code) but binary data was found as a sub-product of those functions.

It would irk me very much if the universal computer run on binary code and used error correction codes that humans would be able to envision in the 40's.

To me it is simply a coincidence that fits a specific per-formulated answer or a simple error. In any case since it is all theoretical I would not give it much importance until someone proves string theory as valid...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
So maybe what is gonna happen 21 dec 2012.... is they end the simulation? Maybe this was what the mayans knew... The end of the cycle of simulation? Or maybe ascension means we finally understand why we are here... to simulate the past for our future selves: The Alien Greys(Are actually us from the future, the guys running this simulation.. their UFOs are actually time machines/simulation observers) That would explain why they are so shy... They want the simulation to run uninfluenced by them

Nah, We'll probably get a software patch to "Earth 5.91"
Or maybe a full upgrade to "Earth 6.0"!

Have to wait and see...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I told you.
There is no spoon.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
Hmm, not a source? I'd like to read more on this without having to winnow through all the chaff inevitably in the way.

Um, if you want to skip all the New Age metaphysics and stale references to the Matrix movies, skip to "digital physics" as a search topic.

t' Hooft is a proponent of one view of it. Basically, they try to derive laws of physics from information theory. The first guy to really propose something like this is probably Kantor in "Information Mechanics" which is pricey but you can still buy, I think...yep, used is about 50 bucks.

edit on 22-3-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
was the big bang intentional or was it an accident/unintentional?
perhaps the unified source
required seperation due to infection similar to virus/anti-virus conflict?
i lend an ear to all theory reflecting a possible 'fractured' system.
information rich
framework and architecture.
perhaps the architect is unsure as to what is required to
correct the fractured state or is it concern that any action to correct will render
what is already established null and void?
gibberish over and out..
f.
btw op splendid spread.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
First the equations are human made and theoretical,

That is like saying numbers or mathematics are human made ?

The theoretical part i agree, for now, we'll have to wait and see. This is an awesome thread, blew my mind actually (:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Ok I get the whole "simulated reality" argument....but I have never seen an avatar in a game I play recognize the fact that it is part of a game or simulation. So, if this is true, how would we become aware of the true simulated nature of reality?

You might want to look into functionalism:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
"...it seems a little crazy..."
darn i keep getting the same results.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Incredible!

And people have said that Intellegent Design is dead.....

I have always believed in God, and to be shown that He or She is a really cool scientist!

We are ALL children of the same universe!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This is crazy and my mind is
full of questions that need answers.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I understand everything except for one thing.

In what way does his pictures represent life?

What was the string theory born of? Who decided 1's and 0's?

Who is matching real world with the pictures and theories and how does it apply to a real world thing?

The interview didn't explain enough, all I got was that life is like a computer including error correcting, but how? Where? I need to apply his theory to a real world application so I understand.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This is very interesting and just more evidence to me that there has to be an intelligence behind all of this.

In order for all of this raw data of 1's and 0's to go from a high state of entropy to a low state of entropy that transmits and transcribes meaningful information that produces everything from a tree to a TV, you have to have intelligence behind it.

What he's saying is that this is an error correcting code. We also see an error correcting code in DNA.

What this means is an intelligence produced the program. It's like if I write a program that's going to be copied over and over and over again, you know there's going to be a level of error and this level of error grows as you're transmitting more data. So to minimize the error, you put in place an error correcting code. This means their has to be an intelligence that has foreknowledge of the code that's being copied.

So if I write a program that will produce the word THAT for billions of years, I will write an error correcting code and add extra T's, H's and A's so if the millionth time the program is about to produce TAHT, the error correcting code will catch it and correct it. Randomness can't do this because THAT is no different than TAHT. In the eyes of randomness there both the same thing. In the eyes of an error correcting code there not the same thing because intelligence has programmed the code to understand the difference.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join