It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else agree with me on this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Religion is like playing with yourself: it only makes you feel good, it should be kept to yourself, and you should not attempt to shove "it" down others throats.

There are assholes in this world, they are everywhere. They are not confined to one particular religion. I'm tired of people fighting over each others beliefs. If someone wants to believe in a God, let them. How is that infringing on your life? (If they are an asshole about it, and shove it down your throat, then IGNORE them - problem solved) If it turns out there is no God, they've duped no one but themselves. I am positive that every single one of you do not appreciate it when someone else attempts to take away your beliefs, your faith. So, don't do it to other people.

Be tolerable, and mature. Keep an open-mind, just because someone has a DIFFERENT belief than you, does not mean they are wrong. One thing I learned at a young age is that of the seven billion people on this world, we all have our own individual beliefs and hold one-hundred percent true to them.

Who are you to judge seven billion people and determine who is "right and wrong?"

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a vague statement. thanks for that.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire
Religion is like playing with yourself:

So...a preacher during mass is actually...

I will never go to church again.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Does that mean tithing is actually *gasp*.... prostitution?

edit on 21-3-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I am number 7 billion. Wondering when 6,999,999,999,999 other people will get off my planet!

Damn infiltrators.

(did you mean the rant forum btw? This doesn't appear to be more than that?)

You can ignore people all the time, but if their religion says that they must convert others, then it becomes hard to ignore them.

So I try to convert them to my way of belief. If they do not have a beer they don't get an ear.

I lie, even if they took the beer, I'd still walk away from them...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Religion is like playing with yourself:

So...a preacher during mass is actually...

I will never go to church again.

Well it is a heck of a lot better than "this is my body, take it and eat it"..... lol

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I agree with you completely. No one should attempt to force their religion on anyone else. With that said, I also hate it when people throw a fit when they have to just "see" something that differs from their beliefs. For instance, people complaining about the word CHRISTmas...They say that instead of "Merry Christmas", we should only use happy holidays. Stuff like that.

I just cannot stand people like that. They attempt to make a big deal out of anything they don't agree with, like society is supposed to cater to their belief system. Another example is prayer in schools. Who cares? It isn't like hearing a prayer is going to kill an atheist.

If one is so secure in his/her atheism, WHY would they be offended and not want to hear it? If it pisses them off, they need help, because it is not a big deal. In fact, it could be turned around, and one could say that those people are the ones attempting to FORCE their beliefs on others.

One of the main problems in America is that people are pushing "political correctness" down other peoples' throats. Some things may be justified, but a lot of it is just whiny, middle-aged ladies who like to stir up crap because they are insecure themselves. It's ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
That's why some people are beginning to call themselves "spiritual": all the wisdom of different religions without the dogma, politics, and contradictions.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
You are right. They say its never good to discuss religion or politics. Youre going to inevitably offend someone.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

I didn't find your statement vague or offensive what so ever and I agree with you. I for one do not believe in religion of any sort, however, I do read the Bible, Q'uran and Torah as historical references. I do not find it offensive that others believe in something that I do not, yet I do not appreciate the Jehovah Witness's nor The Church of Latter Day Saints showing up at my door steps unsolicited and leaving their trash pieces of papers/books on my front porch chairs after I told them I was not interested and closed my front door as they remind me of washed up vacum salesman. That's just disrespectful and an attempt at forceful indoctrination IMHO.

Suffice it to say, I not stand their process of inculcating ideas, attitudes, cognitive strategies or a professional methodology on my family...the rest, hey, to each his/her own. Just leave us out of it!

The last time they did that (The Jehovah's) I threw their Watch Tower Magazine back at them and told them to not come back. It is an invasion of privacy to a degree when their solicitations are unwanted, yet they continuously return.

All in all, I agree with you.

ETA
Star n Flag

edit on 3/21/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Good to know I am not alone on this.

I wish more people would have the ability to understand that there's nothing wrong with someone else having a different belief/religion.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Religion is like playing with yourself: it only makes you feel good, it should be kept to yourself, and you should not attempt to shove "it" down others throats.

There are assholes in this world, they are everywhere. They are not confined to one particular religion. I'm tired of people fighting over each others beliefs. If someone wants to believe in a God, let them. How is that infringing on your life? (If they are an asshole about it, and shove it down your throat, then IGNORE them - problem solved) If it turns out there is no God, they've duped no one but themselves. I am positive that every single one of you do not appreciate it when someone else attempts to take away your beliefs, your faith. So, don't do it to other people.

Be tolerable, and mature. Keep an open-mind, just because someone has a DIFFERENT belief than you, does not mean they are wrong. One thing I learned at a young age is that of the seven billion people on this world, we all have our own individual beliefs and hold one-hundred percent true to them.

Who are you to judge seven billion people and determine who is "right and wrong?"
I think it's about priorities. If a child doesn't know how to read or write should we leave him be and ignore him? Of course not. Should first time mothers be told nothing about her new way of life before she gives birth for the first time? Or does even she, need guidance and counsel?
Say what if no one teaches a child to properly read with critical thinking skills, or what if the child does not write properly? Time will age the child and people will reprimand and ridicule this person. Would you blame the person for not having had the necessary tools to enable themselves to learn to read and write, or would you blame them for not seeking and crying out for help, or if they did cry out for help what would you do then? Appoint someone to do it? Would you notice their mistake and correct them, sparing them the emotional discomfort of low self-esteem that comes with the wrath of ignorance?
The bible says: My people perish for lack of knowledge. Doesn't that tell you that guidance and instruction and conditions are optimal for a more abundant life? It's not bad to correct children when they are in the wrong, because we understand that we should not judge them by the yardstick of our own years, experience, it just so happens that children constantly experience new thoughts, and emotions come along with those thoughts, but the sphere of influence tends to leave them negatively affected. Adults tend to judge adults by their own experiences for leverage of some sort, merely telling someone that they have bad spelling is not going to go very far, bees that can sting are not praised for their abilty to sting but the honey they make.
The reason I believe that this site has it's benefits is because it is a source of information, of course I'm going to run into some people who have bad spelling, and people who have not experienced the things I have, but many of the things I've read here I would not have known about elsewhere, therefore if ATS can be a source of ideas and commonalities then I can contribute, monologues aren't high on my priority.
I don't approve of people like Jimmy Jones and don't think that it would be best to IGNORE people who are into a lifestyle that is unhealthy and unstable mentally and physically, especially since negative thoughts and attitudes are somewhat contagious as well. In my opinion, there is nothing impressive about taking the fly on the wall stance, there is no benefit to burying your talent, no light should be hidden under a basket. Of course reading or writing is not absolutely essential for survival in the wilderness, but neither can we survive in the wilderness without first having guidance, instruction, and counsel.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I completely agree with you. What we need to do, as a species, is try to empathize and have compassion for one another. There is so much intolerance, ignorance, hostility and judgment going on between people and peoples that our very survival is in jeopardy.

Thank you for pitching in toward that end. In my view (as a middle-aged white lady in America....no, wait. As an educated human being who believes in social justice and is very secure in that stance), we have reached critical mass yet again. And this time the stakes are higher than ever before.

Peace, please. Peace.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I agree with you in a way.

But you also have to remember, that Atheism is somewhat of a religious belief.

I have no problem with Atheists, until they start making a fuss over Christian prayer posters in school, Christian billboards, etc etc.

Stop shoving your beliefs of not believing in anything down peoples throats.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

So....I read your post. Then I read it again. Here's what I took away from it:

1. Religion is bad mmmkay?
2. It's only cool to bash everybody's religions. Not just specific ones.
3. Though you rail against proselytism from religions, you post your views (which are actually religious beliefs) on an international forum demanding everyone accept them or screw off.
4. You've obviously been recently attacked by some religious zealot nut-jobs and you feel obligated to make blanket statements about all religions and their followers.
5. In a world of 7 billion people, who are you to judge who is right and wrong?
6. You're immersed in moral relativity and can't see the forest through the trees.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

They are just caught up in duality and ego. Everyone can evolve from whatever faith they choose. They are all just trying to explain the unknown just like science. I rather see myself as spirutual not religous. Spiritual is the people that really seeks and go where they are guided while religous just join a group becuase it is nice. See I am making my own duality between the spiritual and the religous. Dualities are fun and blaming the other group seem to be indoctrinated into us. Lets hope one day our minds are more evolved so we can see pass our own egos, especially mine

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

I agree with you in a way.

But you also have to remember, that Atheism is somewhat of a religious belief.

I have no problem with Atheists, until they start making a fuss over Christian prayer posters in school, Christian billboards, etc etc.

Stop shoving your beliefs of not believing in anything down peoples throats.

Aman,

Second line.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

For me to answer this, ...

Reality is reality. Psychology is psychology. I have seen some of the best professors intermingle the two.

You are ranting and your post belongs in the rant section.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I don't care if a person has a different belief than mine.

I just care when they try to tell me I'm a monster/jerk/asshole/child molester/cat entrail eater and tell me that I must be like them in order to be an acceptable person.

I only have very nasty words to say to these people.

People need to learn that it's okay if others are different than them and stop it with this conformity nonsense.

new topics

top topics

join