It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World’s youngest grandmother is just 23-years-old

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkchemistry

How is sexual slavery at all relevant to this discussion?

As for teens and young people, many don't mind being "manipulated". If they are naive and gullible, then that's their own fault. They are not children where naivety is a good excuse for stupid choices.

SMR

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
MTV should be all over this ...
Maybe Dr. Drew show already has ...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
MTV already did it's called Teen Mom; and it has been influencing underage teens to want to become pregnant; either they think they are going to get on MTV, or gain some status among their peers for doing so.

Human slavery, was a point made where another poster was saying it was fine, because it was the persons culture. I was pointing out that just because a culture allows something..in this case Thailand it doesn't make it right, we all know it harms young people.

To the other person that said if they are gullible then its fine to prey on children because they are naive...I think you need rehabilitation; your views are disturbing and sick.
edit on 17-3-2012 by Darkchemistry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkchemistry

To the other person that said if they are gullible then its fine to prey on children because they are naive...I think you need rehabilitation; your views are disturbing and sick.

TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS ARE NOT CHILDREN. I don't care how childish they act...it doesn't make them children. You're sick to trivialize child molestation by comparing it to consensual sex between adults or sexually mature teens.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Charmed707

Well, you know what a-hole? I was molested so piss off this hit closer to home with me than you could sit and imagine...trivialize what exactly? It is rape of CHILDREN damn troll.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkchemistry
reply to post by Charmed707

Well, you know what a-hole? I was molested

Poor thing, what happen?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkchemistry

How anyone could seriously call sexually mature teens and adults in their 20's "children" is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This is the mentality of how you wind up with super young grandmothers

Warning: NSFW due to language

Even as a joke it sums up trailer trash life pretty much...

Heck this is a daily occurrence on the real Maury also

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Getready, You 'mind me of a song I like:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hhott

Yep!
That is a memorable experience that every teen boy ought to experience at least a couple of time!

I was thinking more of this scene though!! Warning for language!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I certainly remember some similar things haha

And look forward to passing along the tradition.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Back to the somewhat serious topic at hand:

It hasn't been that long since the average lifespan of humans was closer to 40 than 80, and when you die "young" the ability to reproduce at a young age is a (species) survival trait. In my opinion, it's not so much a new thing as it is an old thing that seems unusual to many of us because we've "evolved" past it.

Many early societies and "primitive" tribes have rituals that pass children into adulthood at age 12, or thereabouts. Religious confirmation is an adaptation of a "rite of passage into adulthood" ceremony, and doesn't it happen around age 12 or so?

Across the species on planet Earth, there is a clear statistical correlation between the age of maturity and how much there is for the offspring to learn. Horses, for example, although not fully developed, are basically "adults" at around one year of age. I mean, really, all they need to learn is how to eat grass and run fast.

The more intelligent the animal and the more "sophisticated" the social structure, the longer maturity takes. This is basically true of humans as well, in my opinion. As our world has become increasingly complex, it takes longer for a child to learn everything it needs to know to survive on its own successfully, thus we have high school until age 18 and college which takes one into the early 20's. In more 'primitive' societies with much lower levels of technology, there is much less to learn, and thus children are considered adult at a much younger age. A human can learn to be a successful hunter-gatherer, or a successful farmer, in 12 or 14 years, but learning to write computer programs or be a doctor takes a bit longer.

What interests - and puzzles - me is how this necessity has been translated into an ethical/moral issue. We view young adults as "immature" at 16 or 17 because they haven't yet learned everything they need to know to make their own way in the world (or support a family), but how has it become a moral issue? Nature (or God, depending on your beliefs) determines the age of sexual maturity by the onset of puberty, and this occurs much earlier than the late teens. So, how have we come to the belief that sex with a physically mature (as defined by puberty) human is morally and ethically wrong, just because they aren't intellectually and educationally mature?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join