It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A square storm front

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I filmed this storm front coming in and it is like a square or cube.
I sped up the video to 16X so you can watch it like time lapse.

Weather has been so crazy of late and this is strange looking.
It snowed off and on as the weather went from clear to snowing repeatedly throughout the day.

I also thought it might look like a giant hand sweeping the sky as if collecting the pot of a poker hand.
What do you think?
Video source

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Sorry..I can't open the link

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Impressive! Made me cold just looking at it. You did good job with the video, taping and then enhancing. Handy skills for recording things like that.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn

It snowed off and on as the weather went from clear to snowing repeatedly throughout the day.

I also thought it might look like a giant hand sweeping the sky as if collecting the pot of a poker hand.
What do you think?
Video source

Square? I dont get it. Looks normal to me..

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Where are you getting a square or cube-like structure out of this? I see a wall of rain, but I can't understand how you think it is square

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Geez Louise!
It's rain falling without a lot of wind below the clouds. Gravity makes it fall in a straight line.
To say this is "square" means most other storms would all qualify to be called parallagrams, since the praecipitation (the visualization of precipitation from cloud to ground, contrasted with virga, or visualization of precipitation that doesn't reach the ground) is usually being blown about with the wind.
You should get a good weather guide. I like the one that is published with the Smithsonian.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by imd12c4funn

What do you think?
Video source

Square? I dont get it. Looks normal to me..

Ok the wall of rain is perpendicular to the cloud formation that moves at the same rate until the camera is moved and it looks square as in the intersectiong points of perpendicular lines or 90 degrees.

The shape of the front, where the convergence zone's horizontal and vertical ceiling and wall are definite, is, in this case, square.
Square may be normal, but it looks peculiar nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Pretty impressive shot of that wall cloud as it passed by. Good work. The straight drop of precipitation indicates a lack of much wind at surface level, I would guess.

top topics

join