It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Board at a crawl?

page: 1

join
share:
SMR

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
For the past couple days this board has been at a crawl.Im getting timeouts almost every time.
Im on 4mb cable and all other sites I goto are fast as lightning.
I understand this place is huge,but what can members do to help either lighten the load and help get the speed up.
I end up getting discuraged and log out after about 10 timeouts.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm not having speed issues now but I was 2 hours ago. My current page speed is below.

Header data processed in 0.019 seconds
Page processed in 0.946 seconds

[edit on 21-9-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I had some problems too in the last few days but only when I use my lap top I cannot load the pages and after posting I get a server error.

I though it was because I am connected to my main computer and we share the same connection using a splitter.

But then again when I am at my other computer I have no problem with the connection and this site is just fine.

So now that I read your post I wonder. I use DSL.

SMR

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Its going faster now,but it goes in spurtz.
Clicking to reply got me
Header data processed in 0.013 seconds
Page processed in 0.036 seconds
Was much slower when I went to read the posts though before clicking to reply.
I use a VAIO through a Linksys WRT54G and it goes in spurtz as well when I use it.
For the most part though I use my PC.
Maybe time to get a new pipeline for ATS?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well, my connection is through my cable company. It's been slooow off and on the last two days. Sometimes, when you click on a link, nothing happens.
Dunno

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I havn't had any problems at all the last few days...

Here's what I got:

AboveTop:Board
Based on XMB By Aventure Media & The XMB Group
Header data processed in 0.070 seconds
Page processed in 0.050 seconds
16 total database queries (7)

You might want to check your connection speed at one of those free sites that provides speed meters...I wish I knew one off the top of my head...

But then again you did say it's working fine everywhere else? I dunno...maybe you should try purchasing the low-bandwith mode in the ATS Store?? I dunno....

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
We're getting lots of traffic because "beheading video" is in the news and people are doing Google searches on that. Currently, we're experiencing about 65% more guest traffic than normal. Yesterday we had 43,000 visitors (about 13,000 more than normal), and already today (with 4 hours left in the server's "day") we're at 42,000 visitors.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Thanks, SO!! I'm glad the irregularities are due to heavy volume and not my connection.
Stil....

SMR

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Ahhh I see.
Maybe that is why OGRISH limited their content today.
Very sad that the net gets jammed due to the suffering of poeple

Thanks for the heads up though

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Whats sad is that some people feel the need to complain because their web page doenst load in less than 2 seconds...it must be nice to afford all that fancy hi-speed stuff, but some members are still on dial up....why dont you just rub "i"m more advanced than you" in their face?

Come on, like a few extra seconds delay might be annoying, But how much does this really hurt you? Ohh were getting soo spoiled now a days...

Can you remember actually having to get up...walk across the room...and turn the knob to switch between the 4 tv channels?
Yet now we complain because of a few second delay....man the human rights people had better do something about the speed inequity in the world of the internet.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
LOL that�s funny do they still make 56k dial ups, I use just a basic 10.0Mbps DSL and that�s just above those old antiques, but down load and up loads are faster and as a bonus WebPages load in less than a blink of an eye, that�s what I pays the few extra bucks and web servers like to advertise how fast there systems are, why sit and have a smoke waiting for a page to load or time out,

[edit on 22-9-2004 by Sauron]

SMR

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Lighten up Francis

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I guess the maxim "time is money" proves true.

SMR

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Hey,we pay good money for 'all that fancy hi-speed stuff', and it is supossed to load fast,thats the point.Not my fault that others are not able to afford it.
And in my case,it wasnt that it was taking forever,it was timing out and not doing what I wanted it to like POST!
This is some of the reason you get double posts because your not sure if it posted or not.
Why am I even defending myself here

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Using smaller avatars and sigs is pritty much the only thing users can do.

I'm getting load delays too sometimes, but mainly in response time, not page generation or loads.

SMR

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Mine are coming from just plain loading.
Say right now is one of the times I get timed out.I hit POST REPLY and it does nothing.Just sit and load and load but then I'll get the popup telling me the url timed out.Then I might try again and click it again and I end up double posting.
I dont get bad pages from images or anything though.Though it would lighten the load if smaller avatars and sigs were text only and not images.The less the page has to render,the faster for everyone.

But I guess we have to take into concideration that this place is huge and very active.I mean this place gets about 86 posts/replies per hour on average.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'm feeling it now...I almost clicked post reply twice earlier today...I'm at the office on a T1 and here's what I got going to MyATS

Header data processed in 0.122 seconds
Page processed in 22.429 seconds

SO - when you say we're getting traffic from google searches on the beheading video, do you mean that our google search feature here on ATS relays/shares their combined traffic with us somehow?

[edit on 9/22/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Is "crawl" even the right word?