It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind-Body medicine: Uncovering the brain's amazing ability to heal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
You can make yourself sick or healthy, lots of time diseases are nothing more than a product of your mind. That's what they thought me when I was in medical school. Now it's appearing in the mainstream at last.

www.msnbc.msn.com
Sept. 27 issue - Imagine you're allergic to the oil of the Japanese lacquer tree�so allergic that the brush of a leaf against your skin provokes an angry rash. Strapping a blindfold over your eyes, a scientist tells you she's going to rub your right arm with lacquer leaf and your left arm with the innocuous leaf of a chestnut tree. The rubbing commences, and before long your right arm is covered with burning, itchy welts. Your left side feels fine. No surprise, until you learn that your left arm�not the right�is the one that got lacquered. Or imagine that Parkinson's disease has reduced your walk to a shuffle and left your hands too shaky to grasp a pencil. You enroll in a study and receive an experimental surgical treatment, which dramatically improves both your gait and your grip. You're ready to declare it a miracle of modern medicine, when you discover that the operation was a sham. The surgeons merely drilled a small hole in your skull and then patched it.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a growing field in the medical area. But it still has to become more common knowledge. I've seen people get seriously sick, or even die because of negative emotions, such as depression and stress.

[edit on 8-10-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This is the basis for Voodoo.

Under hypnosis, people can be produce blisters on their skin as if they are being burned.

Mind-body connection not very well understood yet, nor are the powers of the mind.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
I've seen people get seriously sick, or even die because of negative emotions, such as depression and stress.

So have I. It's usually an accumulation over years & it shows. I don't believe there's a chance for a reversal when its been going on for years. It becomes so much of an integral part of their personal makeup that it's impossible for them to contemplate positivity for any significant length of time to make a difference.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Did you see the pictures of the guy misdiagnosed with AIDS 8 years ago? He'd been living as though he had AIDS and looked like a typical AIDS case, thin, haggard, had all the physical symptoms. His body followed his mind.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
You can make yourself sick or healthy, lots of time diseases are nothing more than a product of your mind. That's what they thought me when I was in medical school. Now it's appearing in the mainstream at last.

I have been saying that this is the explanation for people having the stigmata for quite some time now.

top topics

join