It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disintegration ray: Already a reality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

The new "Active Denial System" shoots electronic waves at people, instantly heating their skin to a temperature of 54C.

When the ray is fired, the targeted people are subjected to the feeling of standing in front of an open fire and instinctively run away, the Globe and Mail reports.

LINK

The military has not commented on whether the device could be altered so that it could burn crowds en masse or whether heating a crowd may incite mass panic.

'No comment'...?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Negative, that's a heat ray like "War Of The worlds" accept it's not as powerful....yet.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think the only good thing we get in this era are the mass of new technologies that we should have gotten decades ago. That being said, I would be appalled if this was actually considered ethical to use.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
I think the only good thing we get in this era are the mass of new technologies that we should have gotten decades ago. That being said, I would be appalled if this was actually considered ethical to use.

I hardly think ethics is involved or by the same token we would not have Nuclear weapons, Agent Orange, Napalm,
Sodium Fluoride, Aspartame - No ethics is only considered in regard with what some would wish to get away with.
Human Beings are genius in the way of harming their own kind it seems

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

Even if this microwave weapon cooked people alive (which it does not have the power output to do), it doesn't disintegrate (break them apart into tiny bits).

Please change the title to Death Ray: Already a reality?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Even if this microwave weapon cooked people alive (which it does not have the power output to do), it doesn't disintegrate (break them apart into tiny bits).

You say this death ray does not have the capacity to cook people alive or disintegrate them
I am sure they will overcome that obstacle after all they have the best and finest scientific minds to iron out any such problems if they desired to do such a thing - yes I am being sarcastic not aimed at you of course.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

reply to post by chr0naut

Any ray that can cause death is a "death-ray". Why would it need to disintegrate?

Your local hospitals x-ray machine can cause death.

So yes death ray machines do exist.

Here's a few other death ray weapons

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SteelToe

Yes those weapons do exist yet TPTB dare not blatantly use them on their own people just yet
They use a watered down version for the purpose of crowd control
I would say when the SHTF they would not hesitate

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
To disintegrate a target of matter you would need a Disruptor to break apart the molecular bonds....not a girly Phaser.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
To disintegrate a target of matter you would need a Disruptor to break apart the molecular bonds....not a girly Phaser.

What about that new FEL laser? It can destroy feet of armor plate in mere seconds so a human body would be childs play if it could be set to wide beam. Imagine this youre walking down the street when suddenly you hear a loud crack like thunder going off. Mrs johnsons breast implants are the only thing left on the side of the street sitting on the burned mark where she was flirting with the mail man. Yeah i guess she was smoking hot eh? Its a funny scenario but its just to illustrate a proper death rays power.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
not quite a decintegrator ray but soon it will be or maybe ...... we have the technology

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The technology exists, but to get a power output high enough to 'disintegrate' something, you would need a power source with an output of a small power station. There are easier/cheaper/already-available/more-convenient ways to dispose of people... guns?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
There was a video of this device being used on people. (As a test)

They fled from the area so fast, I was amazed. It was a instant reaction. It obviously can be used as a weapon.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
No more heroes for our enemies.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Pfft not soon, already here! Google or use Gibiru to look up Tom Bearden. He wrote a book about a type of energy called scalar energy. The Soviets already use it, have been since the 60's. When Putin made the threat saying he could put an entire continent to sleep or kill everyone at once, he was serious. It's.. a little over my head so its hard to understand let alone regurgitate and explain it. Tom Bearden even says the space shuttle Challenger incident was the Russians using this weapon against us just to see if anyone over here was smart enough to figure out it was a weapon and not an accident. We weren't.. well most of us weren't, he was, and he wrote a book about it.

Edit: Oh and the small power station, yeah this tech has that covered, small power stations with no moving parts that can operate indefinitely. I seen it explained like this: The way they make power is similar to one of those old grain mills with a big wheel in a river, except these machines dip their wheel into time and space. Space not as in outer space, but the space between atoms. There is space everywhere, even inside us! This technology can apparently draw vast amounts of power from it.
edit on 26-4-2013 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
More like a heat ray, as others mentioned... Akin to a microwave probably...so "nuking" the target....

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

ADS doesn't disintegrate. It works like a microwave - it sends a burst of EMF at your skin so you feel pain. The skin is energized, not disintegrated. Does your chicken disintegrate in your microwave oven? Same principle here.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
A 50 cal Bullet does more damage...Just saying

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
You are thinking its a Klingon Disruptor when in fact its a Klingon Agoniser.

If you mounted this in a room you could effectively burn somebody alive 8 hours a day for the rest of their life.

Who needs wet towels now eh?

top topics

join