It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Discovered Artifacts May Prove Mayans Had Alien Contact!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
reply to post by Mkoll

Perhaps, but why would these 'galactic' travelers come to visit the Mayans? Why would they not have visited the Roman Empire at it's height? Because the Romans documented how they built their mega-structures, or organized their empire, or how they created their sculptures...so there isn't any sport in claiming that Aliens Did It. I just can't see why advanced civilizations from the depths of space would come here to mess with South and Central American primitives, but ignore the rest of the planet.

I just googled "Roman Empire UFO reports" and there were 1.5 million results roughly.

And many stories from the Roman era of what we would call modern UFO reports.

And you were saying?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

This thread is missing the proof part. People make art, that isn't proof of anything but creativity.

What do you want me to provide. Ancient digital camera recording in .avi format. People recorded the world around them using the tools they had available at the time and what you call art had a methology to it that was used to convey information to future generations...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

You don't need to do anything. People make art. People draw weird things.

Just look at Medusa

edit on 13-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by muzzleflash

Who says it is Saturn? It could be anything.

Why is there no credible links of these discoveries? Only ancient alien 2012 sites.

Well obviously it's not Saturn literally, as Saturn is larger than Earth.
It's most likely a miniature representation of Saturn.

If you think it could be anything, I would have to disagree. Doesn't look like a hot dog, a chair, a tree, etc. Just for fun, why don't you name specifically all of those things it looks like. I'd love to hear a list...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Who says it is Saturn? It could be anything.

What anything do you think it could be...

Yes it could be anything.. To me it looks like Saturn - old farther time because it is in the top of the picture with other spherical objects... That look like planets and the machine underneath looks to me like a spacecraft with a little man in it....

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Interesting if real, thanks for sharing. Hopefully we'll be able to find out if they're real artifacts or not.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You don't need to do anything. People make art. People draw weird things.

Just look at Medusa

Without trying to venture off topic... How do you know there was no such thing as a Medusa. I have read many ancient legends that talk about the Gods crossing men with beast...

You are welcome to be so adiment in your stance. The way I see it I have been alive 30 years in a universe that is billions of years old and find it hard to be so certain of anything.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

If you think art has to represent actual physical objects then you are mistaken.

Is that real? No.

Anyway, it could be a symbol that they used to represent something that was common in their culture. I have no clue what it is and neither do you so stop pretending and assuming it is Saturn.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NuminousCosmos

has it ever occurred to you that the mayans are not primitive? that it has been part of our conditioning to associate the mayans, the native americans, the hopi, the incans, etc.. with being primitive?

they have consciously chosen as a people not to participate in the 3D world (or participate in it as little as possible). this is why the hopis say that they chose land they knew nobody would want. so that they could remain in peace and not have to engage in the madness that they knew life (we) would become during this current cycle. there is nothing that is primitive about this perspective.

this is why buddhist monks do not participate in life and the tibetans are also isolated. the yogis are another example. peace has no power in our current vibration so what they are trying to achieve energetically or maintain energetically is not collectively supported. this however is going to change. they know this.

this is what they refer to as the end of life as we know it or the end of one cycle and the beginning of another. the change in vibration of the planet to sustain a much more balanced, whole and therefore peaceful and empowered individual. this is what they seek and this is why they have chosen for themselves what they have chosen during this cycle.

there is going to come a time when we see ourselves as the primitive ones. and they as the advanced ones. mark my words.
edit on 13-3-2012 by nicolet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
So who says I did not make those artifacts?

Well, you have to check the sources, in this case we have:

www.in5d.com
www.maya12-21-2012.com
www.HolisticCancerResearch.com

The OP source, maya 2012 (which I assume thinks something is happening this year) and... Holistic Cancer Research.com, a well known authority on archaeological discoveries.

oh wait...

And of course the self proclaimed "physicist" Nassim Haramein who mistakenly thought a comet twice the size of Jupiter passed by us a year or so ago.

Link

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You will be hard pressed to find anything matching this that relates with the time era these were supposedly created.

The shapes of a circle with a thick ring around it like that are quite rare and very uncommon.

It appears the only thing I can think of that looks like that are ringed planets. Something ancient mankind had no way of knowing anything about.

Therefore it reveals that if these are authentic artifacts, than somehow these ancient people either had telescopes or contact with travelers who showed them a picture of Saturn and it's rings.

I can't think of a single insect, animal, plant, rock formation, etc, that looks like that.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Very interesting stuff in the video.

I agree very interesting but presented by Nassim Haramein

And NO source or documentation...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Anyone can ask what if questions all day. What if Medusa was real? What if there are elves that steal socks? WHAT IF anything.

It's just ridiculous to have blind faith when there isn't any proof of the claim.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Why are there no credible sources of these discoveries?

Only ancient alien 2012 sites.

Who make money off gullibles

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
What do you want me to provide.

I don't ask much

Just the source of the artifacts please with documentation of the dig site...

That would be proof for me

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
dang, I was hoping they would find something like the ray-gun from call of duty nazi zombies [/quote

They did find a ray gun and renamed it a taser as a matter of fact they found out that it works quite well on 200 pound 9 year olds from Ohio .

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I have no clue what it is and neither do you so stop pretending and assuming it is Saturn.

At least I have presented a possibility.

Also, I will assume whatever I want. Thanks.

And both of us know exactly what "it" is. It's a photograph of a slab of material with carvings on it, claimed to be originating from Mesoamerica. Also it is safe to assume that if these claims are legitimate, than it would date pre-16th century.

That leaves us with a problem:

The earliest recorded working telescopes were the refracting telescopes that appeared in the Netherlands in 1608. Their development is credited to three individuals: Hans Lippershey and Zacharias Janssen, who were spectacle makers in Middelburg, and Jacob Metius of Alkmaar.[4] Galileo greatly improved upon these designs the following year.

wiki telescope

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Anyone can ask what if questions all day. What if Medusa was real? What if there are elves that steal socks? WHAT IF anything.

It's just ridiculous to have blind faith when there isn't any proof of the claim.

No proof you say , I know every single person on this site has had at least one stock stolen by those pesky little elves , this is fact undeniable and in my opinion very serious matters around laundry day when things are running low.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I can't find anything on these supposed artifacts but the story has stemmed from a documentary that is supposed to be released this year:

The Mexican government is releasing state-held secrets about the end of the Mayan calendar to the makers of a documentary, "Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond," TheWrap has learned.

The information -- protected for 80 years -- is expected to reveal Mayan beliefs in future catastrophes and wisdom characterized as "shocking," producer Raul Julia-Levy, son of actor Raul Julia, told TheWrap.

The end of the Mayan calendar in December 2012 has long given rise to theories and speculation about the end of the world.

The agreement will allow Julia-Levy to film in never-before-seen locations.

Source

Mind you, this story was covered by a Hollywood Tabloid, www.thewrap.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have serious doubts about the authenticity of these artifacts but for the sake of conversation I'll say this:

IF alien visitors came to Mayan, then who's to say they didn't bust out a telescope and SHOW them Saturn. If they can travel across the galaxy, then surely they know how to build a telescope. My telescope, which shows good detail of Saturn, is literally two mirrors and a small piece of glass. That is technology I would think any space fairing race would have.
edit on 13-3-2012 by ProjectBlue because: fixed some typoz lulz

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join