It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Strange Earth Sounds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hey folks.

I know that there have been several threads already created relating to these sounds that seem to come out of nowhere. For the first time last night (March 12) I most definitely heard it.

As a bit of background about my area: I live in the southwest corner of New York, in a moderately-sized city. It's more or less suburban throughout. I live on the outskirts of town, on a major highway that connects Northwestern Pennsylvania to the NYS Thruway. I have a large cell tower roughly a quarter mile from my house, but have never heard any strange sounds coming from it. The road in front of my house sees heavy tractor trailer traffic from about 11pm to 8am every day, as there is a refinery about 30 minutes from my home. I assure you that the sound was far above the level of the truck traffic.

So to the details. I heard the sound starting about 2am and roughly lasting till 3am. It was enough to wake me from a sound sleep, which I did not recover, so I had to make an extra pot of coffee this morning. It was a steady drone, which rang (for you musicians out there, as I am one myself) at an F#4, similar to the sound that an older fire alarm makes. Now, I know for a fact what the fire alarms sound like around here, as we have an assisted living facility for mentally incapable people up the road from my house. The alarm goes off quite regularly up there. That one rings at a 30 cent sharp F#6. It's almost a G6. Like I said, this sound droned for an hour with very little waver in the tone. It abruptly stopped at around 3am. I had the presence of mind to hook up my "Snowball brand" microphone and started recording. I got nothing more than some static, after trying to master the recording, so it's a no-go there.

I'm going to attempt to take an EMF survey of my neighborhood to see if I pick up any interesting spikes. I know that EMF radiation can make people hear things that aren't there, which may explain why my recording didn't pick up anything. I don't know if the cell tower could be heard from a quarter mile away, and I can't imagine it being busy during off-peak hours, but I'm not going to write that off quite yet. This isn't to mention the fact that my folks also heard the droning when we had our dining room table discussion over coffee this morning. I'll keep you updated on my EMF findings, and I'll be taking a tape recorder with me when I check out the cell tower. If I can debunk both EMF and mechanical movements from the tower, I may be on to something.

Let me know what you all think, and please share any other methods that you have of debunking this or showing that what I was hearing wasn't entirely in both mine and my folks' heads.

-TS
edit on 13-3-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Quick little update. Took a quick survey of my neighborhood, and I didn't get any relevant EMF spikes. I got within about 50-60 feet from the cell tower and got a reading of 1.1 miligauss. Nothing substantial, and it's about 12:30 here, and right about peak cell phone usage time. I took a 5 minute recording from the same spot, and got nothing but ambient traffic noise. I'm going to take the next few days, as my schedule allows, to do more readings at different times of the day, as well as a few more recordings at those staggered times. If I find anything interesting, I'll post the results.

Thanks for reading. Any comments are more than welcome.

-TS

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It's strange that you couldn't get a recording.

I live in Phoenix and there have been a few times recently when I felt like a pulse or wave of.....sound? You know how you can feel deep bass? That's what it was like I felt it but didn't really hear anything. It was a slow and steady rhythm a pulse every 2 or 3 seconds. It didn't last long 5 minutes or so. This is the first time I said anything I don't want people to think I'm crazy!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stewiegriffin
It's strange that you couldn't get a recording.

I live in Phoenix and there have been a few times recently when I felt like a pulse or wave of.....sound? You know how you can feel deep bass? That's what it was like I felt it but didn't really hear anything. It was a slow and steady rhythm a pulse every 2 or 3 seconds. It didn't last long 5 minutes or so. This is the first time I said anything I don't want people to think I'm crazy!

This is the first time that I've heard this phenomenon with my own ears. The recording thing puzzled me as well. That's why I resorted to taking EMF readings of the area. I was hoping to get something to debunk the sound. That's interesting about the pulses of sound. Without sounding like a skeptic, how often do you get gangbanger basses driving by? I sometimes hear those jerks blasting their bass at 12:30 am, and most days I have to be at work by 7:30 am.

As I said in my OP, this was a steady tone that lasted the better part of an hour. It was loud enough to wake me from a sound sleep. It didn't have a deep resonating bass component to it. The sound just droned on.

Thanks for sharing!

-TS

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Perhaps borrow a decibel meter? maybe it will be a return event.....
If the meter cant pick it up its in yer noodle, and probably EM or something else.....
mabe your telepathic phone was off the hook?
Isnt their sme way to produce a cancelling note which would give you an idea of its opposite tone?(thecancelled one)
actually they will both dissapear right....?
I hope you nail this...ive been following this sound trip for some time....

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Perhaps borrow a decibel meter? maybe it will be a return event.....
If the meter cant pick it up its in yer noodle, and probably EM or something else.....
mabe your telepathic phone was off the hook?
Isnt their sme way to produce a cancelling note which would give you an idea of its opposite tone?(thecancelled one)
actually they will both dissapear right....?
I hope you nail this...ive been following this sound trip for some time....

The only thing the decibel meter would tell me is how loud the sound is. With the heavy truck traffic it would be neigh impossible to get an accurate reading. I'm going to borrow a more sensitive microphone from a friend and put it out on the ledge outside my window for the next few nights while we're avoiding the rain up here. Maybe this sound will do a repeat. I'm not quite sure why you would want to know what note would cancel out the one I heard? The note I heard was an F#4 and it was near perfectly in tune. I know many mechanical devices can hum at that exact frequency, but I had none running at the time, nor were there any running outside, sans the cell phone tower which I found out after further inspection, has no moving parts. The EM fields are still a possibility, but with my initial inspection at 60 feet, I only got a reading of around 1.1 miligauss, which is way under what would cause hallucinations, sound or otherwise. I'd expect that at 1/4 of a mile away there would be little to no EM radiation...which I confirmed, because my neighborhood shows no EM, and my house is under normal EM conditions. Just had new wiring put in about 8 years ago, so no bleed from that. The sound is a mystery to me. Hopefully it shows up again and I can get it on audio this time.

I had thought about my "telepathic phone" being off the hook, but the fact that my folks heard the sound too immediately cancelled out that idea.

-TS

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I posted this on my facebook yesterday:

WTF!!???!!? Is anybody else hearing these strange horn like repetitive sounds??? 've seen recorded videos that people from all over the world had recorded of these strange sounds, and I've always thought they seemed really weird, as did everyone else. Obviously. Since its been in the news broadcasts worldwide. Some of the videos are fake w/ people just copying audio from other videos and putting it in thir own. Stupid people. *Anyway, as I'm sitting here on my bed, back against the wall, laptop on my lap, TV turned on, cat fast asleep right beside me, and then...out of nowhere began to focus my attention on a weird droning/horn type noise that I assumed was some kind of traffic, a car or truck horn. I don't know but it wasnt a big deal. But now I realize it hasn't stopped, and it sounds really similar to the sounds heard in the various "Strange Sounds" recordings on the net. I thought "no f***ing way is that really THAT "weird sound!" So, to try and identify it I opened the window and stuck my head outside. I was definitely expecting something normal, something I could identify, at LEAST something to tell me I'm even crazy for thinking this noise would be here in Plainville of all places. But this sound sounds like its coming from the sky,m all around. Theres no point of reference that I can identify & pinpoint. And I'm a musician and tech nerd, lol, so I have a great ear for types of sounds and etc., But this odd sound was coming from everywhere, it was loud but wasn't at the same time. It actually (I can't believe I'm saying this..) reminds me of that droning-horn noise that was sounded in the Spielburg-film, 'The War of the Worlds' w/ Mr. Formely bat-# crazy Tom "Maverick" Cruise. It was the sound broadcasted as a type of warning or 'call' before the goddamn extraterrestrial's burst out of the ground with their nice death machines, which they then used to massacre the human race, "Nazi-style". I cant even believe I heard that "strange sound" that entire towns are hearing all around the world in an actual pattern, which someone actually discovered by pinpointing the locations on a map. Who f***ing knows? Maybe it was something else that I heard a few minutes ago, I can't hear it anymore. But it was really weird I must say. I'm hesitant to post this, for a few various logical reasons, but surely someone else MUST of heard that #ing death siren. Or dozens or a hundred or so people, I have no idea!!! Ugh only now does it cross my mind that my stupid "obviously-was-born-blonde ass" forgot to record it with my cell phone, hell I didn't even think of it! lol. FML. Oh we;;, whatever, Doesn't matter anyway. Ok I'm done, That was way longer than I had intended, bless the brave soul who chooses to read all that and waste a few minutes of their life. lol. But ya, long story short; I'm pretty sure I heard that 'death siren' everyone's been hearing, and they are right, its f**king bizarre!! Idk man, this world is nuts.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Caidema

Interesting. I was sure the "siren" was a hoax. But I guess its just one of those things... either I hear it on my own or it comes from a credible source saying its real. And a theory of what it is.

And again, we have so many different threads allready could the mods please cleanout a bit and confine it to the "hum", the "siren" and the "jet noise" ....

new topics

top topics

join