It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold Callers, how do you deal with them?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
And ALWAYS give out a false phone number to telemarketers and other scammers. Such as

543-666-5151

Why give out a phone number at all?

What is wrong with NO - not interested - - Hang Up Phone?

Do you seriously believe they don't have Caller ID?
edit on 10-4-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Markive
When does No not mean NO?

A month ago I listened to a answer machine message from my elderly unwell mother in tears.
She was sobbing and said "they just wouldn't take no for an answer" and that the cold caller had pushed her and pushed her.

I am a firm believer in: "Buyer Beware"

Its easy to just hang up the phone. Elderly or not.

These people are working. They are employed. They are not on Welfare.

I have no sympathy for your Elderly mother.

Well that's very handy as I didn't post to try and gain your sympathy!

Yeah a job is a job, they are working but what gives them the right to do that to people.
I don't phone people up and make them cry by making them feel guilty...
Of all the cold calls i've ever had I can honestly say non of them wanted to take no for an answer, after you refuse a number of times what more should it take?

There starts the horrible cycle of unhappy cold callers upsetting normal people only to get insulted, then to go on to ring someone else to hassle to get insulted again. and so on and so on.

You wouldn't put up with it in the street so I don't see why we should put up with it in the privacy of your own Home.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Markive
Yeah a job is a job, they are working but what gives them the right to do that to people.

To do what to people? Try to sell them something? It's their job.

I don't phone people up and make them cry by making them feel guilty...

Guilt is an internal emotion. You are the only one who can make you feel guilty.

You wouldn't put up with it in the street so I don't see why we should put up with it in the privacy of your own Home.

It is a legal business.

My husband's 93 year old grandmother - - has no problem hanging up the phone.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Working in an abbatoir is just a job, as is working in an abortion clinic... some people might consider that to be morally wrong, just as harassing an elderly woman is... whether it's 'work' or not.

FYI, I HAVE caller ID on my line, AND the number is unlisted. The caller ID has NEVER worked (provided by the call provider), and the number was apparently sold to marketers within a day of the line being connected. The calls started the day after the line was activated.

I don't even want to engage you really, your replies are already nasty and hostile; but not everyone can be as perfect as you and your 93 year old grandmother in law...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
reply to post by Annee

Working in an abbatoir is just a job, as is working in an abortion clinic... some people might consider that to be morally wrong, just as harassing an elderly woman is... whether it's 'work' or not.

"Moral" - - the most over used and abused word since Bush took office.

My husband's gramma is 91 - - she has not problem saying "NO - and hanging up the phone".

Age is no excuse for "Buyer Beware".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join