It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geo-Engineering using Giant Balloons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Geo-Engineering using Giant Balloons

Seems the British intend to use giant balloons for spraying chemicals and particle into the stratosphere instead of airplanes making chemtrails. Looks like the prototype is already being tested

A balloon the size of Wembley and the world's longest hose... can this stop global warming?
Hose pipe would shoot particles into the atmosphere like erupting volcano

Floating 12 miles above our heads, this Wembley Stadium-sized helium balloon tethered to a ship may one day help save the planet from global warming. British scientists are investigating whether an ordinary hosepipe can be used to shoot particles into the atmosphere – like an erupting volcano – and cool down Earth. A prototype balloon has been built and will be hoisted into the air next month from a disused airfield in Norfolk in a £200,000 experiment.

They say just ten balloons – pouring ten million tons of material into the stratosphere every year – could achieve a 2c drop in global temperature in two years.

Next month’s test will use a smaller, 62ft balloon, suspended about half a mile above the ground and using a hose to pump out harmless water droplets to see if the technology works.

Details of the £1.6million three-year project, funded by a Government grant, were presented at the British Science Festival at the University of Bradford.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I cannot for the life of me believe what I am reading here, They are seriously screwing with what should be left alone and not touched at all...

I guess the mercury CFL,s wont cut it this time.
S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Has anyone seen these yet? I guess maybe not since they are out in the ocean. Interesting delivery system, but it seems planes would do better. Of course when considering cost, the ballon is probably much cheaper.
I wonder why it says 'either' sulphates, clay, salts 'or' metal oxides? Why is there not a specific recipe? Trade secrets? Then it says 'harmless water droplets.' I guess metal oxide is harmless.
Anyway, this show geo-engineer continues to be sought after and is getting funding, so either we need this practice, or there is just a lot of money in it, or both.

Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Excellent find Zorgon! Now lets "them" debunk this one.
And oh my, it's the same kinda thing people have been guessing about for years, sulphates, metal oxides, yada yada...

edit on 12/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Gee, guess I musta missed it. *Gasp!* We can't all be full day attendees on ATS yanno. And judging by how much attention that thread you linked got and how much this one is now getting, a "repost" is more than appropriate.

edit on 12/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Replied to a future poster

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Old news - see www.abovetopsecret.com...

Old news so lets just ignore it then and close the thread eh?

Anything to derail a thread that is going to be a biggie and I do mean anything.
So transparent it is almost laughable but the topic is one that concerns the whole world all of us.
You are outnumbered here.
Regards, iwinder

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Only this time its posted in a main stream source. They have slowly started to admit they are spraying the atmosphere its only a matter of time till they admit it all. When that happens I will be on ATS throwing it in all of the chemtrail deniers faces.

I think its has more to do with solar burst then the sun causing global warming.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I did read a bit but not enough.As soon as them blimbs pop in my mind,I always wondered what their purpose was above all the destroyers in wwII......nothing but keep the bombers from diving.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

Only this time its posted in a main stream source.

As opposed to, say, the Guardian??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Old news so lets just ignore it then and close the thread eh?

Anything to derail a thread that is going to be a biggie and I do mean anything.

Yeah - what a crock - pointing out an old thread that you can still post to in order to shut down the discussion - such an obvious tactic.

And telling people they can't post on here any more - wish I'd thought of that - 'cos of course everyone would listen to me and do as I say fershure...

So transparent it is almost laughable but the topic is one that concerns the whole world all of us.
You are outnumbered here.
Regards, iwinder

lol - your paranoia and lack of critical thinking are shining through!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Just noticed the part that says,"Plan is to have 10 balloons. This could achieve a 2 degree C drop in global temps in just 2 years." Wow, just 10 balloons, that is pretty significant, no? Just how much area can one balloon cover?
I can't tell if these efforts are because they are genuinely necessary, which makes me wonder why, or if this is a big money thing that will get gov contracts, enabling much money to be made for gov and contractors.

ETA: How long can these clouds persist? it would have to be for days to lower the entire planets temp, right?
edit on 12-3-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

"Yeah - what a crock - pointing out an old thread that you can still post to in order to shut down the discussion - such an obvious tactic. "

And you have posted what in that old thread that you want repeated and repeated, why are you so worried about a new thread with new links?

Obvious it is that these type of threads make you nervous, because there is no need to direct people to an old thread whereas a newer thread lives with newer evidence and links.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

1.6 million dollars, and three years.

How much can they destroy? Alot!

Details of the £1.6million three-year project, funded by a Government grant, were presented at the British Science Festival at the University of Bradford.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Here is a doc that goes along with the SPICE.
They are measuring Public reception, this is documented here:

Public Engagement on Geoengineering Research: Preliminary Report on the SPICE Deliberative

2.0 Aims & Objectives of the SPICE public deliberative workshops
The SPICE public deliberative workshops aimed to explore perceptions of generic geoengineering proposals, stratospheric aerosols and in particular the SPICE 1km test-bed (hereafter ‘test-bed’) through completing the following four objectives2:

1. To give an overview of the likely varied and nuanced perspectives of the members of the general public and report to the EPSRC Societal Issues Panel (SIP).

2. To provide one piece of evidence that SIP might deem useful when completing their stagegate evaluation.

3. To explore, without guarding against future public or media contestation regarding either the development of geoengineering techniques (individual and holistically) or specific investment into research of the SPICE techniques, possible public concerns, questions, and conditions regarding SPICE and geoengineering more generically which may ignite said controversies3.

4. To map the range of perspectives and framings each participant themselves brings to bear on geoengineering in general, and as part of this to the stratospheric aerosols and the SPICE Assembly development in particular, when this is introduced to them in a structured way.

psych.cf.ac.uk...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I'm not worried at all - where on earth do you get that? Or that I am nervous?

I pointed out that it is old news - nothing more nor less - and from this you have accused me of trying to shut down discussion (which is patent nonsense), and all this other clap trap.

your posturing is utterly pointless - perhaps you are disappointed that I didn't try to "debunk" the OP or something?? Perhaps you are disappointed to see that this isn't a new as you thought, that it isn't "revealing" anything after all, or that the experiment has been put on hold?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Iwinder

I'm not worried at all - where on earth do you get that? Or that I am nervous?

I pointed out that it is old news - nothing more nor less - and from this you have accused me of trying to shut down discussion (which is patent nonsense), and all this other clap trap.

your posturing is utterly pointless - perhaps you are disappointed that I didn't try to "debunk" the OP or something?? Perhaps you are disappointed to see that this isn't a new as you thought, that it isn't "revealing" anything after all, or that the experiment has been put on hold?
Well if that is all you have to offer please for the sake of the rest of us here please go back to the old thread you are so fond of and post till your heart is content.

Believe me you might even enjoy derailing your own posts once you get the hang of it there.

See you later,
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Great find, zorgon!

Combine this technology with the fact that they're already conducting ocean fertilization field tests/experiments/whateverthehelltheycalltheirmeddling and it really makes you wonder what else they're playing with way out in the oceans where nobody's there to object.

edit on 12-3-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Here you go -

From 2 weeks after teh OP article - this has been put on hold while the very considerable potential downstream ramifications get discussed a bit more.

sorry about that.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Here is a doc that goes along with the SPICE.

SPICE... sounds like something from Dune

But what does it stand for?

Stratospheric Particle Injection for Climate Engineering (SPICE)

From Cambridge University

FULL SIZE

SPICE WEBSITE
Stratospheric Particle Injection for Climate Engineering
www2.eng.cam.ac.uk...

Geoengineering by Solar Radiation Management
www2.eng.cam.ac.uk...

Here are the partners working on this... looks pretty main stream bunch of guys to me

edit on 12-3-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
[Geoengineering by Solar Radiation Management
www2.eng.cam.ac.uk...

Good to see you realising that this SRM "spraying" is a "Plan B" should things get really bad, and isnt' actually happening now.

Let us all hope it is never needed.

top topics

join