It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Challenger disaster footage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
footage

I remember exactly where I was when this happened. I was in tenth grade and it was just after lunch.
We had a p.a. system in the school throughout the halls and I heard something like "Challenger, exploded." I was shocked.

My next class was Algebra and I flipped the Algebra book open to the very page that had a photo of one of the shuttles launching.

I'll never forget that.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Beldy

So sad, RIP. this is horrible to watch...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Yes it is. I was very much shaken to my core when this happened.
I had a poster on my wall of the crew.

edit on 3/9/12 by Beldy because: grammar

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Challenger, go at throttle up...Obviously we a major malfunction...We have no downlink

Forever etched in my mind. Maybe it was a good thing to cancel the Space Shuttle program considering two of the six operational Shuttles (33%) had catastrophic failures.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Beldy

Wow, sitting here in tears

Powerful stuff and may these folks get another serving of honor, 25 years later and always.
Blessings to the family, friends and everyone else that experienced the shock.

Peace,
spec

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It's been said before and it's worth repeating. The last words of one of the earliest pioneers of aviation. Otto Lilienthal, after his fatal hang glider crash.

"Sacrifices must be made".

Tragically, Challenger was a case of heroes dying for the sake of politics rather than exploration.
edit on 3/9/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel
Challenger, go at throttle up...Obviously we a major malfunction...We have no downlink

Yes, those words will always haunt me. I was only 15 when this happened but it effected me very deeply.

I still picture that poster on my wall of the crew. A sad day indeed for everyone involved.

join