It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannot see the Cursor when posting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I tried to post this topic on the Board and Business Forum, but nobody replied. Maybe in this forum, someone can help me.

When i post, and first press for example quote-function and want to go back with the mouse-pointer to the grey window to continue writng text, i cannot see the cursor. it is nearly the same grey color like the window where you type the text. Only when you put the cursor over already written text, it becomes bright white.
Can the color be changed to something else then grey ? Sometimes it is like a hide and seek game.
edit on 9-3-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm not sure but if you u2u a mod they might know.
Sauron, DontTreadOnMe, The Redneck---just a few that come to mind.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by will615

thanks for the hint, i sent a message with the ATS Suggestions/Complaints Form.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
sorry icepack i can't help you! i try to post utube videoes and they never seem to play for other people!
i'm computerly challenged!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

lol, i had the problems, too. but its quite easy. when you are on the youtube page with the video, you see the url on the top of your browser like: #ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsRMOKx9BKk
then you highlight only the letters and numbers after the "=" sign with the mouse-pointer. this would be AsRMOKx9BKk. right click on the highlighted part and choose "copy". now press the "VID YOUTUBE" button and right click. paste the AsRMOKx9BKk into the little pop-up and press "ok".

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

My first thought is it may be your theme in Windows, but I would need more information:
  • What Operating System are you using (Ubuntu, Windows XP, Windows 7, etc.)?

• Which browser are you using (Firefox, Internet Exploder Explorer, Google Chrome)?

• Is it only on ATS, or on other sites as well?

• Is it only when you try to quote, or also when you just make a new post or try to use the reply link?

PM me if you want.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

thanx alot! i think it worked!!!
just posted a hendrix vid. hope you like!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by icepack

My first thought is it may be your theme in Windows, but I would need more information:
  • What Operating System are you using (Ubuntu, Windows XP, Windows 7, etc.)?

• Which browser are you using (Firefox, Internet Exploder Explorer, Google Chrome)?

• Is it only on ATS, or on other sites as well?

• Is it only when you try to quote, or also when you just make a new post or try to use the reply link?

PM me if you want.

TheRedneck

thanks for the help. i use windows vista, google chrome and it is only on ats. the theme is original, i have only changed my desktop color to black, could that be it ?
when i post, i get this picture.

the window where i write the text is grey, when i move the mouse-pointer over this grey, i cannot see the cursor, because its grey, too.
how can i change it ?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well, Vista is your first problem. Have you considered upgrading to Windows 3.1?

Seriously, try this:
  • Show your desktop
  • Right-click in a blank area of your desktop
  • Click on "Personalize"
  • In the window that opens, click on "Mouse Pointers"
  • Go to the "Pointers" tab
  • See which theme is chosen. It appears you need a different set of pointers if they are that light. The textbox in your screenshot is not completely white, but it is a long way from dark as well.

Let me know if this helps; if it doesn't, we can try something different.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

thanks, it worked. i was set on aero, i switched to a black mouse-pointer.
p.s.: you will probably laugh, but i am using vista for nearly 3 years now, never had any problem, my system is stable from day one. the only problem in the beginning was, i had only 1 gb ram, that was not enough for vista.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Sweet! Glad I could help.

The machine I am on right now is a 2GB Vista laptop. I have had so many OS problems I now consider it a junk machine. If I come across a website that looks like it might contain a virus, I access it here...

Consider yourself lucky. Microsoft changed the file format from XP to Vista, and the new format has some inherent problems with the way it updates files. In simple terms, if you have more than one process running at a time and both try to update a system file, there is a decent chance that system file will be corrupted. After a while, enough errors in the system files build up to cause the OS to not function properly. Most power users I know who have had Vista had to reinstall about twice a year. I just repair the corrupted files as I come across them.

Windows 7 fixed the problem... it seems stable.

Good luck,

TheRedneck

top topics

join