It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Betting forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
OK bare with me on this one.

An ATS betting forum, whats that all about?

It seems everyday on ATS we are always predicting or discussing certain events. UFO disclosure, 2012 Armageddon, Attack on Iran, Length of time before Greece defaults, who will win Presidential elections all these things we claim to know and follow.

A betting forum would allow you to actually put your money where your mouth is and commit some hard cash to your predictions or beliefs. It could provide another revenue stream for ATS and also provide members with the possibility of making money from their prediction of news and upcoming events.

I'm not sure how betting websites operate, but if there was someway members could bet against each other or hold sweep stakes on certain events, I think it could make things a little more interesting.

Anyway just a random thought.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I'm thinking legality across so many jurisdictions as ATS members represent would make real money totally impossible. However......I've seen a couple Stock trading sites that are 100% fictional and 'for fun'. Same with the poker sites that aren't dealing with any money or currency of value.....but the fictional amounts are real enough for showing who has skill and who doesn't.

That would be an interesting idea with a fictional currency whose purpose would basically be in showing who tended to guess right or propose successful predictions. I could really see some fun there.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Maybe we could gamble our stars and flags. It could have an unintended consequence of encouraging users to make better posts to get more flags and stars.

Anyway thanks for entertaining the idea.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Maybe we could gamble our stars and flags. It could have an unintended consequence of encouraging users to make better posts to get more flags and stars.
reply to post by woodwardjnr

In that case me, and many others will be severely under stacked!!

vvv

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I will accept IOU's... or your car keys

Your right though I've not really thought out the intricacies as of yet. Just throwin it out their, "thinking outside the box"

new topics

top topics

join