It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragon Ball Z Abridged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Considering my vast respect for the Youtube group known as TeamFourStar, I decided to devote an entire thread to their work.

TeamFourStar is a Youtube group most widely known for their work with the Dragon Ball Z Abridged Series, which is NOT a sequel to the original series, but a PARODY of it. They currently have 27 episodes released, with a 28th episode due within the next couple of weeks, and a spectacular fanbase. Their efforts and skills in this area are so greatly appreciated, fans actually ask the voice actors for Dragon Ball Z Kai to mimic the lines from the parody, instead of the actual show! A truckload of references from dozens of different shows, animes, and movies are all featured in each episode, as well as sardonic, nerdy, dirty, and every other kind of humor. In my personal opinion, it is one of the best abridged (shortened/humor-injected) series I have ever seen.

Here is one of their videos (note: if you were never a fan of the Dragon Ball Z series, I would not recommend watching):

Admittedly, they are not professional voice actors, but they are not amateurs either. In fact, they have several years of experience doing videos purely for entertainment, and they have only gotten better with time.

I thought I would recommend this for those of you who may be willing to reminisce in the god old days, when watching Dragonball Z didn't provoke an inexplicable hatred of editing (****ing Funimation and 4kids
), and enjoy many solid laughs along the way. Whether or not you do end up enjoying the videos made by this group, I just thought I'd bring this to the table. And no, I am not a part of TeamFourStar; I am merely a very appreciative fan making this gesture of honor.

It's been worth every minute spent watching, in my mind.

edit on CThursdaypm191954f54America/Chicago08 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Cool I had no idea this group existed and I love DBZ so I will definitely be checking this out.

I suspect a few "over 9000" posts will follow

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
Cool I had no idea this group existed and I love DBZ so I will definitely be checking this out.

I suspect a few "over 9000" posts will follow

I hope they realize that abundance decreases the value of the phrase.

Yes, that's why I'm spreading the word. It's the least I can do to repay them for all of the entertainment they have given me. They are gift-bearers to the followers of Youtube, using their skills to bring us joy, and I want to honor them.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Im in ... will be checking these out later after I get out of work. I used to really like DBZ but havent watched any in a while so the mixure of humor and good memories should be a plesant end to my day.

Good find OP!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
it makes me happy seeing this posted on ATS infact anything about Dragon Ball Z being posted some where for some reason makes me happy.

hulu airs the original japanese verisions in HD. they air 4-5 "new" episodes every tuesday.

team4star ftw!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I absolutely adore TeamFourStar. Their DBZ Abridged series is one of the funniest and most entertaining YouTube series that I have seen in a long time. If you like TeamFourStar's work, I highly recommend checking out DrSmoov's Transformers parodies as well.

~V

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
OK ... I went back last night and watched a few of these. At first I thought it was kind of stupid but this started to grow on me. This is pretty funny. I am going to have to catch up on all of them now. Thanks for bringing this to ATS.

new topics

top topics

join