It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exams, y u no later in the day?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Some who are familiar with my posting, or indeed my blog, will have noticed that I am a bit of a meme fiend.
While browsing a site today, it was bought to my attention that in the US, exams are held as early as 5am.
Whats the deal with this? Is this true?
If so, WHY? lol

I'd have thought that sleep, while rare before exams, would be essential for clear thinking and maximum recollection?
In the UK, they're usually held within class hours.
Can someone explain this for me please, just out of sheer curiosity

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
5am
probably will be the perfect time after an all nighter on pure caffine doing last minute cramming but also may be timed like that so it doesn't affect those who are sitting their exams while holding down 9-5 jobs too much?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Lol 9gag is popping up everywhere.
Like was already said, a LOT of people go to school full time and also work full time so some colleges have to come up with schedules to accommodate their students.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
My university cal 1 final was at 8 p.m. and I absolutely hated it.
I like calling it quits the night before, getting a good nights sleep, and immediately taking care of it early in the morning.
When it's later in the day I feel like I waste a lot of energy worrying about not knowing enough/needing to cram.

Never heard of a 5 a.m. final. 8 a.m. is the earliest I've had an exam or heard of them being held. Doesn't surprise me that someone somewhere has a final at 5 though. Talk about all-nighter paradise.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Never heard of exams that early. Do you have a link to the website you saw this? Maybe it was some specialized program.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

I assumed it was more to do with certain college courses, but found this time table for an exam schedule online, where you can see the first exam is held at 6.45, which I think is still insanely early (she says, having been up from half 4) lol

top topics

join