It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Fellow Britainians Arm yourself Right now

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
There is a large misconception about knife crime in the UK. I spend most weekends in London, specifically east, and not once have I ever carried a knife, nor do I know anyone who has, nor have I come into contact with knife wielding youths trying to attack me. You hear a lot on the news but knife crime is mainly confined to youth gangs against each other in the outer suburbs of London. E.g. Tottenham.

Of course general members of the public to fall victim to this type of crime but the main percentage of it is with youths.

I will proudly say that 99.9% of the British population DO NOT carry knifes. Contrary to popular belief this country is not as bad as a lot think and if you carry a knife on you then you should be ashamed. I'd rather die a victim for not having a knife on me than get caught with one and locked up for 5 years, destroying my credibility, reputation and future.

Learn some self-defence and martial arts and it doesn't matter if someone has a knife.

Just my 20pence worth.....

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CR4V3N

hya
you are right
its mainly restricted to youngsters fighting each other
though a few years ago a couple of kids pulled out a machete on me
it was late at night they were drunk i think (or stoned)
anyway i just grabbed it of him
and they both ran off
now i didnt report it so i wonder how many other times it goes unreported
cheers

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I see your point entirely, and while I believe that yes there is undoubtedly incidents that go unreported, a large proportion will be.

I think in your case they were just a group of chancers and would never have really done you any damage. But if they did, or forced you to run because you were intimidated, then I think you may have reported it?

I think a curfew for anyone under 18 is the way forward, but needs to be properly implemented in order to not penalise those of the younger generation that work late or partake in recreational groups.

EDIT: www.police.uk... Not sure if you've seen this? Enter your postcode and you can view all the crimes reported in your area and when they happened. Some also tell you of the action taken but I don't think they do this much any more. Also gives info on your local officers and other useful info.

edit on 7-3-2012 by CR4V3N because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CR4V3N

I see your point entirely, and while I believe that yes there is undoubtedly incidents that go unreported, a large proportion will be.

I think in your case they were just a group of chancers and would never have really done you any damage. But if they did, or forced you to run because you were intimidated, then I think you may have reported it?

I think a curfew for anyone under 18 is the way forward, but needs to be properly implemented in order to not penalise those of the younger generation that work late or partake in recreational groups.

i agree with what your saying
and trying to impose a curfew could be difficult
how about a tester in an area that has the highest incidents
and take it from there
cheers

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Very good idea. It needs to be supported by the local populous though and this I think is where the scheme would fall flat. Many parents in these 'rougher' areas just don't care about where there children are and what time of night they are out till. Still a credible option worth exploring though.

www.upmystreet.com...

www.mindyourstreet.com...

Note: Also see the link I edited in my previous post.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Very good idea. It needs to be supported by the local populous though and this I think is where the scheme would fall flat. Many parents in these 'rougher' areas just don't care about where there children are and what time of night they are out till. Still a credible option worth exploring though.

www.upmystreet.com...

just checked the link in your edit
ive never seen that before
its even got the police officers names
and local meetings
cheers for that
I recommend evryone have a look at this
thx
dave

Note: Also see the link I edited in my previous post.

edit on 7-3-2012 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

There is a large misconception about knife crime in the UK. I spend most weekends in London, specifically east, and not once have I ever carried a knife, nor do I know anyone who has, nor have I come into contact with knife wielding youths trying to attack me. You hear a lot on the news but knife crime is mainly confined to youth gangs against each other in the outer suburbs of London. E.g. Tottenham.

This is a pretty good description of the so called knife problem. Ive known some right scrotes in the past and never knew anyone that carried a knife.

Ive only ever been near a recent incident where a knife was used on a man who would not give up his money to the robber at a cash point. Never on me, my family or my friends, so far anyway *cross fingers stays like that*

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CR4V3N

OMG
611 crimes in my small area just in january alone..

most being
82 burglarys
204 anti social behaviour

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
You know if the SHTF then there will be plenty of proper firearms floating around in the UK anyway. Most people don't know this but there are still huge stores of old L1A1 SLR (FN FAL) assault rifles and vast quantities of 7.62mm ammunition to go with them. They are dotted around the country in several MOD stores, and they really aren't too difficult to locate (I could say where there is one near to me, but I'll probably be accused of being a terrorist or something).

Anyway, basically you have to remember that the UK was geared up to fight World War 3, and maintained appropriate stocks (even thousands of vehicles like the Green Goddess fire engines from the 50s were maintained in full working, in nice and dry warehouses, order until very recently). Assault rifles are much easier to store, and much harder to efficiently sell off (disposal auctions sell lots of old MOD vehicles and plant equipment here in the UK, but as firearms are illegal and they are old 7.62mm calibre its much easier to just store small arms and keep them for a 'rainy day').

So just like during in countless civil wars around the world in the 20th century, within a short time after social cohesion has broken down, some entrepreneurial characters will have 'liberated' some of these stores and there will be a flood of proper assault rifles on the market - assuming you have something (or someone) you can trade for them.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OliArtist

hya
i didnt know that
i remember wen the engines were sold of cheap as well
wish i had the money then to buy one
cheers

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Time to invest in some heavy duty locks and security cameras

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OliArtist

I was aware of the selling off of equipment but never knew about the stockpiles of assault rifles. Very informative, thank you!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart

Originally posted by TrueInstinct

Originally posted by coirener

Originally posted by davesmart
hi all

It seems official now,
the police force slowly being privatised.

with everything going on nowadays i urge my fellow britains
arm yourself right now, if only for your kids sake.

Im not saying go out and get firearm cos thats illeagal here (cough)
But air rifles are legal
ive owned loads over the years, and some cheap chinese ones are bloody accurate (pellet on pellet)
id recomend (if you can get it) a 20 years plus pneumatic rifle.

i doubt if the air rifle would really do any harm to the armed thu..*cough* law enforcements, i actually have read somewhere that the average British teenager and adults regardless of age, carry knives? is that too far from the fact or are they just stretching the truth? i would like to think that a knife would be more deadly and efective than a airsoft gun.
edit on 6-3-2012 by coirener because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2012 by coirener because: (no reason given)

What you have read is lies. It couldn't be further from the truth. I used to live in a 'rouger' area near London, and the average person definitely doesn't carry. Certain areas of major cities, really bad, broken communities then a lot of youth will carry knifes on them. Especially in London where kids are pressured into gangs.

But the average person? No. You're probably looking at under 1% of the population carry knifes with them.

hya
the average person in london does not carry?
london is a big place m8 and your one of the shelterd
here in the midlands history shows that your beloved london
gained great wealth through taxes enforced upon us
especially during the industrial revolution
you didnt mind taking our revenue did ya
you knew what what was going on during the irish potato famine
you did nothing
the midlands industry was a great earner to you...

I'd recommend that you go and learn how to read and write before you make statements like that.

I said I was from near London, not in London... It was just to give the non-british an idea of where abouts I lived. But thanks again for your complete drivel.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CR4V3N

don't forget all the smaller country shops that sell shotguns and ammo to farmers etc and 12bore ammo is about the most available ammo in the world so there should be very little trouble getting hold of it

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueInstinct

Hya

I do hold my head in shame
and i am sorry
i regret saying that
my only excuse is that i had to many beers
i hope no one else finds it offensive
again sorry
cheers
dave

and also i was going by my friends account of his yrs in london
it was somewhere near chingford
he told me stories of gang warfare stabbings and no go areas
this was back in the early 90s
id imagine things have changed since then
so again
sorry
dave
edit on 7-3-2012 by davesmart because: added

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Yeah I know of a few. Also, a lot of the IOW is farmland so I know a fair few farmers and for want of a better phrase, they are 'Tooled Up'

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Chingford, I always thought it was quite nice round there when I've drove through but its near to Enfield which has been know to have its fair share of violent disorder.

I think however, that your friend may have used a bit of 'poetic licence' to make his story's sound better.

I have friends from Enfield to Croydon and none have them have ever considered anywhere a 'No Go Zone'. It may have changed but I can not see it as being a massive change, if anything I'm sure a lot would say its worse.

But, it all depends on how susceptible to intimidation you are. Your friend could be a massive wimp deep down but doesn't want to admit it and so makes out the problem to worse than it is. (Note: I'm not saying he is).

Also, being born and breed in said area would make you see it differently. I'm sure a lot of Londoners would say there's areas in Liverpool and Manchester that are 'No Go'.

edit on 7-3-2012 by CR4V3N because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CR4V3N

hya
again thank you
yes my friend probably went over the top
and we were about 18 at the time of them chats
i admit i do go on a bit because i never had a "stable upbringing"
born in a rough part of glasgow in 1977
by the time i was 8 i knew what druggies, glue sniffers and weirdos were
i was also bricked in the face at 6 yrs old for nothing
any way thats no excuse (for a stupid comment)
and today iv experienced something thats made me change my view on several things
but il save that for another time
thanks
dave

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join