It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I Went to Church...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Everyone has a unique reason behind why they believe in the things that they do. If they have an actual belief, and were not just "grandfathered" in because their parents believed in something. I'd be curious to hear what specifically draws you to the Christian doctrines, and promises. If you're up for explaining, of course.
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Experience. I look at the story of jesus as the story of self, or myself. I look at the role of lucifer as my ego or super ego. I am curious to see what you think of that.

Here I must disagree. I have found that Christian teachings are not original to Christianity, but actually stem from the older, pagan faiths of the heretics. So, if you find that Christian teachings are the most relevant and truthful, you are actually implying that pre-Christian polytheism is true as well, since a host of Christian practices come from those cult beliefs.
• Baptism
• Sin
• The Afterlife
• Paradise and Torture
• Judgment
• Triple-deities
• Angels
• Men born from God
• Resurrected deities

All of these, and more, come from non-Christian sources. Again though, not that I have a problem with Christianity. Any religion coming to power through political and social force was bound to have to rework itself to appease the subjects it was conquering. The pagans, heretics, polytheists, and non-Christians would never have believed in the state religion of the Holy Roman Empire, if it didn't absorb and make a claim to those cultic beliefs.

I agree. For me its more of an archetype, or energy experience. It's not exactly the details of the story i am so interested in but what they are suppose to represent. Like you have done years of research and found a lot of what you say to be true. I like to think of it as the path of least resistance.

edit on 6-3-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
I still haven't been able to find a church that can keep me awake, I can have a full nights sleep and go to church and like clockwork as soon as the sermon begins I'm out like a light. And I've been to alot of churches in my life time.

Me I feel strongly that you don't need to go to church to believe and be one with god, but only if you want to fellowship with other believers. No where in the bible does it say you have to go to church

I also feel that true pastors,preachers, or whatever they like to be called, should work a regular job (even part time) to show that the tithes you offer don't mainly go into the pocket of said preachers, etc.

You are asleep quickly after the sermon starts because off the brainwashing effects/techniques:

1) HYPNOSIS - Inducing a high state of suggestibility, often thinly disguised as relaxation or meditation.

a. Repetitive Music (most likely with a beat close to the human heart 45 to 72 beats per minute). Most likely used during "study sessions" as the teacher will say the music helps you relax and concentrate better!

b. Voice Roll -- A "voice roll" is a patterned, paced style used by hypnotists when inducing a trance. It is also used by many lawyers, several of whom are highly trained hypnotists, when they desire to entrench a point firmly in the minds of the jurors. A voice roll can sound as if the speaker were talking to the beat of a metronome or it may sound as though he were emphasizing every word in a monotonous, patterned style. The words will usually be delivered at the rate of 45 to 60 beats per minute, maximizing the hypnotic effect.

c. Room "Feel" - The way a room feels is essential to hypnotizing unknowing subjects. It needs special lighting, florescent lights are best because they aren't too dim, but aren't too harsh. Also, Room Temp helps a bit, usually a little cooler than normal room temperature. You need to have the unknowing subjects very relaxed, perhaps even close to falling asleep.

(from Brainwashing and Mind Control Techniques )
edit on 7-3-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by Lionhearte

Christian, non denominational. They seem to represent a new type of christian that is coming up in the world, ones more like myself who use faith as a trump card over all details. At least from what i saw today....

Firstly, let me say I am glad you have found faith and you seem to have found a congregation you feel at home with. I hope you enjoy the brotherhood and joy a good Christian community can bring.

One thing bothers me ever so slightly though;

'Using faith as a trump card over all details'

Faith is essential, but some details (the bible especially) simply cannot be ignored. Any faith that is not firmly rooted in Gospel and that does not follow that traditional interpretations of scripture is in danger of wandering dangerously off topic.

Just because someone shares the same opinion as you in faith does not necessarily mean that you are on the path to salvation.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Faith is essential, but some details (the bible especially) simply cannot be ignored. Any faith that is not firmly rooted in Gospel and that does not follow that traditional interpretations of scripture is in danger of wandering dangerously off topic.

Here i disagree. I think that following the scripture without relating to or having the wisdom of is dangerous. I think the scripture is just a tool and not an end all be all as it is interpreted.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Yup i did it. I went to church again for the first time in a while. Much to my surprise the topic of the day was apocalyptic. Funny i know. Much of the discussion was centered around growing concerns about the economy. The preacher lady spoke of faith as a guiding light during trying times. Surprised as i was i couldn't agree more. Interestingly enough this church i found has a very unique perspective. After church i joined the pastor and his family for lunch at a local restaurant. I had interesting conversations about the state of Isreal as it relates to the apocalypse and interestingly enough we were very agreeable about the current state of the middle east.

Anyway, thought i would share.

Watch out, you're going to get bitten by the prophecy bug. It got me 2 months ago.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by mytheroy
I still haven't been able to find a church that can keep me awake, I can have a full nights sleep and go to church and like clockwork as soon as the sermon begins I'm out like a light. And I've been to alot of churches in my life time.

Me I feel strongly that you don't need to go to church to believe and be one with god, but only if you want to fellowship with other believers. No where in the bible does it say you have to go to church

I also feel that true pastors,preachers, or whatever they like to be called, should work a regular job (even part time) to show that the tithes you offer don't mainly go into the pocket of said preachers, etc.

You are asleep quickly after the sermon starts because off the brainwashing effects/techniques:

1) HYPNOSIS - Inducing a high state of suggestibility, often thinly disguised as relaxation or meditation.

a. Repetitive Music (most likely with a beat close to the human heart 45 to 72 beats per minute). Most likely used during "study sessions" as the teacher will say the music helps you relax and concentrate better!

b. Voice Roll -- A "voice roll" is a patterned, paced style used by hypnotists when inducing a trance. It is also used by many lawyers, several of whom are highly trained hypnotists, when they desire to entrench a point firmly in the minds of the jurors. A voice roll can sound as if the speaker were talking to the beat of a metronome or it may sound as though he were emphasizing every word in a monotonous, patterned style. The words will usually be delivered at the rate of 45 to 60 beats per minute, maximizing the hypnotic effect.

c. Room "Feel" - The way a room feels is essential to hypnotizing unknowing subjects. It needs special lighting, florescent lights are best because they aren't too dim, but aren't too harsh. Also, Room Temp helps a bit, usually a little cooler than normal room temperature. You need to have the unknowing subjects very relaxed, perhaps even close to falling asleep.

(from Brainwashing and Mind Control Techniques )
edit on 7-3-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

Or, you could just find that preachers teaching ability a tad...boring. When i was a kid going to church i used to fall asleep because i didn't really want to be there. Now that i am an adult and have come out of darkness i like going, and i'd go just for the worship service if that was all there was.

If a preacher bores you to sleep, go find another church that you can stay awake in.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Lionhearte

Christian, non denominational. They seem to represent a new type of christian that is coming up in the world, ones more like myself who use faith as a trump card over all details. At least from what i saw today....

Thats because the first generations of christians there were no denominations. Denominations came from certain later generations of apostles who would focus on one particular set of doctrine. I'm non-denominational myself even though i go to a missionary baptist church and was baptized there we accept any denomination in who wishes to worship with us because were all brothers and sisters, unless you're of the apostate church. Truth be told it was the R.C.C. that started the denomination crap.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Watch out, you're going to get bitten by the prophecy bug. It got me 2 months ago.

What do you mean?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

What do you mean?

I started looking into the old prophets and comparing them to the Book of Revelation. Revelation 12 was already fulfilled september 28th by Comet Elenin. The Time of Sorrows has begun and we are within the first year of it right now.
edit on 8-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Can you include exact verses for reference please?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Can you include exact verses for reference please?

Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars. 2 Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth.

3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads. 4 His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to give birth, to devour her Child as soon as it was born.

First time this happened 2000 years ago, and Jesus was born. Second time happened about 6 months ago. He is coming, again. Daniel gave the first prophecy of his first coming. John gave the second prophecy of his second coming. The stars give witness to his second coming. No man knows the day or hour, but they do.
edit on 8-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

While I agree that the time of sorrows has begun, I find your interpretation of scripture fascinating.

Care to enlighten me on why Comet Elenin is related to this?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973

While I agree that the time of sorrows has begun, I find your interpretation of scripture fascinating.

Care to enlighten me on why Comet Elenin is related to this?

Because it passed through 7 constellations in the hebrew mazzaroth. Genesis 2 states that the stars were created for the giving of times and seasons, days and for years. Research the star gospel and don't think it's astrology because it is not. It is biblical astronomy. Astrology is the belief that the stars dictate a persons life and was punishable by death under the Torah. Prophet Daniel was an astronomer. As you read the bible from old to new testament, and even Jesus said there would be signs in the heavens (heavens in the bible means stars or space) and signs in the earth.

Read this site, and watch the videos that are created by using the astronomical program "Starry Night" which can be used to see the alignments of the stars, planets and comets for thousands of years.

In that Day
edit on 9-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Because it passed through 7 constellations in the hebrew mazzaroth. Genesis 2 states that the stars were created for the giving of times and seasons, days and for years. Research the star gospel and don't think it's astrology because it is not. It is biblical astronomy. Astrology is the belief that the stars dictate a persons life and was punishable by death under the Torah. Prophet Daniel was an astronomer. As you read the bible from old to new testament, and even Jesus said there would be signs in the heavens (heavens in the bible means stars or space) and signs in the earth.

Read this site, and watch the videos that are created by using the astronomical program "Starry Night" which can be used to see the alignments of the stars, planets and comets for thousands of years.

In that Day
edit on 9-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Absolutely fascinating. I understand what you mean about biblical astronomy, it is what lead the 3 wise men to the manger in Bethlehem for instance.

I don't know how open minded you are about prophetic sources, but I was just reading another very Catholic thread that mentions the 'time of trials' has begun.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

I don't know how open minded you are about prophetic sources, but I was just reading another very Catholic thread that mentions the 'time of trials' has begun

I read what the wolves in sheeps clothing write just so i can know what form Satan comes at me in from their angle. I don't trust the R.C.C. as far as can throw it. The Pope claims Melchizidek and that is Christ's only. Pope has all the titles of Caesar and he is the highest priest on earth which would make him Melchizidek an that is blasphemy. Everytime one of the kings tried to take on the role of the high priest and king they had unfortunate ends. Saul tried it when Samuel was late for the sacrifice, and God took the throne from the benjamites and gave it to David of Judah. Uzziah tried to be priest-king and God cursed him with leperousy and he died. You can be a prophet-king like David but never a priest-king. Priest-King is reserved only for Jesus, but because Caesar was a "King of kings" he is claiming to either be Jesus or higher than Jesus.

Watch very carefully what you read coming out of the Anti-christ. Jesus said to know false prophets and false disciples by their deeds. Go read about the Spanish Inquisition and the Crusades and then think of all that wealth and influence over civil powers the R.C.C. has. Jesus never sanctioned us to pursue worldly power and worldly wealth, but to rather give it up to help others. Many catholics who are asleep do not know what i am talking about or theyre brainwashed.

If you want to know the evils the popes have worked on us for the last 1700 years read HERE. Lets just say the whole of christianity is further away from God than it thinks it is, protestant church is too because Martin Luther failed to complete the Reformation. We're still in Babylon bro, read that link i gave you and then research the origins of Easter, you won't like what you see.
edit on 10-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Biblical astronomy is different then astrology? I am not sure that i agree with everything you said above. I don't think the stars are suppose to dictate anything. I think of them as more of a map, or a tool of guidance.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Biblical astronomy is different then astrology? I am not sure that i agree with everything you said above. I don't think the stars are suppose to dictate anything. I think of them as more of a map, or a tool of guidance.

Trust me, astronomy is very different than astrology. Astrology is basically like your horoscope, you believe your sign has effect and bearing on your life and dictates who you are and who you will be. Astronomy is just the study of the stars and their positions relevant to earth. Daniel was an astronomer, his prophecy about the birth of Christ as told in his book deals with the star gospel. It's right here:

Genesis 1:14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years;

Luke 21:11 There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

In the bible the "heavens" refer to what you see in the night sky, the stars, moon etc., we call it space but in biblical times it was also known as "the void".

The "lights in the firmament" are the stars, planets and comets. People back then didn't know what comets or planets were so they thought they were just other stars. The stars do not "dictate" anything, all they are, is a stellar clock seen from the earth and using space and the stars as a backdrop. God set the prophecies to be timed by the stars and the fact that Jesus was born when he was prophecied by Daniel's star gospel proves it. The "signs in the heavens" have to do with the stars and the constellations. The hebrew Mazzaroth is the same thing as a Zodiac.

The early jewish christians knew these things because they were taught them from the cradle, which is why the 3 magi knew where Jesus was born, they saw the signs in the heavens (space) and followed them to Bethlehem from Babylon which was over 700 miles to the east. Most christians are superstitious when it comes to astronomy because they have been lied to by the Holy Cee.

If you read your daily/weekly horoscope, you're practicing astrology. There is a huge difference between astrology and astronomy.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I know the feeling. A few years ago I had gotten out of my "militant atheist" view and went to a church camp with my ex. I thought I would be attacked and set aside but no one seemed to care, I found it very refreshing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join