It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My car surfing cat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Well, ATS,
it's 4:05 am where I'm at,
so I figured you might want to watch a quick video
of my car surfing cat, because,
why not?

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Once I saw the cats flicking tail I turned it off. This is why some people should not own pets.

(edit to add)
You should have your license and cat taken away from you. I went back to see the rest of the clip, that cat was clearly distressed, and could have slipped under your wheel at any moment. I'm sorry, but this is the stupidest thing I've seen on ATS, I can take the whacked out loonies with their crazy thoughts, but your thoughtlessness is not amusing and utterly cruel.

edit on 2-3-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

What do you mean?

My cat loves to ride on cars, he does it all the time.
My friends will get upwards of 3 blocks away from our house without knowing he's on the car and get to the nearest stop sign before he even tries to get off.
He stays on the car when we start it up and sometimes we just drive him around the block because he enjoys it and won't get off the car until we do.
If you HAD watched, you would see that at one part I stop, wait for him to get off, and he doesn't.

Trust me, I love this cat as if he were my child. I don't just throw him and cars and drive around for my own entertainment. (I have other footage of him sticking his head out the window like a dog while he sits in my lap as i drive.)

Edit: I just saw YOUR edit. You are clearly mistaken. Like...you have no idea. You think my cat is distressed??? This cat is the CHILLEST cat in the world. He has never been distressed. HE LOVES CAR RIDES. We literally have to warn our friends to make sure he gets OFF of the car before they drive away because it's happened close to ten times...BECAUSE HE LOVES RIDING ON CARS.
Jeez. You ATS'rs are some of the most pessimistic/haters/jump to negative conclusion-ers I've seen.

edit on 2-3-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Yes, I saw that. The cat is in a scared state in my eyes, after going all that way, it was probably trying to get its bearings still, it looked like it was still assessing where it could jump down safely.
The cat is probably trying to keep warm, its not there for joy-rides. Please keep in mind accidents happen everyday from things like this, I had to nurse a dog to death on my lap once after it had been hit by a car. The look in his eyes still haunts me. If you had seen it, you wouldn't be doing such silly activities.

Get a ball of yarn, or a wind up mouse, thats entertainment for your cat. You are the only one being entertained here.

edit: (I'm not normally negative, maybe other events in my life atm are making me snap more than usual, maybe I'm just getting old... I just think this is a silly activity. anyways, best of luck in the thread, I'm out cause its making me cranky)

edit on 2-3-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Listen to what I say (to my cat, Saucers) starting at 1:27. It goes as follows:

"Okay buddy, time to get off."
(Stop the car, wait for him to get off.
He doesn't move.)
"No? Alright, a little bit further."

I'm sorry, I, on one hand, am glad that you care about animals and their well-being as much as I do, because I truly truly do, I foster puppies and have three cats and a dog and (well, the dog and one cat is my roommates) and I have deep deep empathy for animals of all kinds. I don't even kill roaches!! I pick them up and take them outside. Same with spiders. But on the other hand, your comment was pretty harsh and COMPLETELY off base and unnecessary and out of line. And to anyone who knows me (which is no one on here, obviously) would make you sound utterly insane and ignorant.

Again, YOU DO NOT KNOW MY CAT. HE LOVES RIDING ON CARS. Yes, I think it is funny too, but he truly enjoys it. LIke I said, he even sticks his head out the window like a dog when he rides in the car with me. I had to drive him around a lot as a little kitten because I would go home from college and then back, and it's an 18 hour ride. So he got use to cars and now enjoys it. Plus, I live in Georgia. It was NOT cold. And he does this all the time even when it's NOT cold. Sure, he sits on the car when it is cold to stay warm, but he also just ENJOYS riding on cars.

Man, I can't believe I have to defend myself like this to you, but I must, because the last thing in the world I am is cruel to animals.
I have held three cats of mine in my arms as they died, one was hit by a car, one was bit by a brown recluse (she hid herself and we couldn't find her until moments before she passed) and the other was very sick with something (but she was a stray cat that we took in and kept for a few months...couldn't do much for her as far as medicine because we have no money, but I did hold her and calm her down while she spasmed and vomited violently for thirty minutes before finally dying in a towel in my arms...AND YOU THINK I DON'T CARE ABOUT MY CATS????

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
OP has messaged me, he does seem to have genuine love for his cat, I may have judged his love for his cat based purely on the first few seconds. Maybe I was too harsh on him, for that I apologise eleven44. But I still think its too easy for the cat to slip off and under the wheel before you'd have time to react and momentum to cease.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Getting defensive is the first sign you know you did something you should't have.The poster above you isn't wrong.What you did was put your cat at risk of being hurt/maimed/killed.so of course people are going to be ticked off.

However while I think it's dangerous what you did,clearly it wasn't done to hurt the kitty ! He looked liked he was enjoying himself! And obviously from the video you weren't driving crazy.My cat enjoys a ride IN the car sitting up on the dashboard.You might wanna try that next time

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The thread category is spot on, you guys going at it is far more entertaining than the video.
2 pet lovers arguing about how to love a cat better,

All cats have unique personalities, some are more daring than others.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
No responsible person would let a child ride on the hood of a vehicle. What makes it ok for a pet? Cats don't understand risk mitigation involving vehicles. A sudden distraction or desire to go and do something else and the cat is dead, or worse maimed and in sever pain.

I can't believe any person who truly cared about an animal would put their personal entertainment before the animals safety. Perfect example of selfishnes and stupidity.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
oh no... here we go!

on topic... I thought the cat looked fine, I liked the music and the trees
edit on 2-3-2012 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
cool experience!

The cat was fine.
I am a cat lover and saw nothing wrong hes on his own property going 2 MPH for heaven's sake

I own 2 awesome cats and wouldn't hurt them ever I saw Absolutely nothing wrong, go bark up some other tree.

My god you guys are being rediculous!!!

no one, i repeat NO ONE cares whether you approve of how genuinely they love their cat.

Its HIS cat and they are buddies, what you think cannot be more irrelevant.

"whacked out loonies with their crazy thoughts" really? listen to yourself.:lol

you go guy, I havent logged into this site in forever, but to see some obviously jaded/lonely cat person attacking someone for trying to do their own thing is as I stated before rediculous

edit on 2-3-2012 by reedbananaboat because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2012 by reedbananaboat because: emoticons

edit on 2-3-2012 by reedbananaboat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
My dog likes to ride on the roof of my car. He likes doing it and he is safe because I drive slow. Although once he did jump off to chase a cat but he was just fine...

new topics

top topics

join