It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How British Are You? Take the Citizenship Test

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by KevinR1990
Flunked. 9 out of 24. 38%.

Then again, I'm not British, so what do I know.

I got 9 out of 24 too... but I AM British!

The majority of the questions are the kind of thing that most people wouldn't know unless they researched in-depth first. With that in mind, surely someone from abroad is as likely to pass as a British person. Flawed in my opinion, it doesn't prove anything.

Maybe I am just trying to justify my horrendous score

EDIT: Doh. didn't realise there was a booklet to go with it with all the answers in. That's why I failed

edit on 2-3-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
For the British

Remember the TV series "Yes Minister"

If your too young get a copy, it is funny and is not all that far from the truth, in any western country. I have been in situations seeing ministers trying to run Departments and to be honest it is quite funny to see.

Now think of the 24 meetings of the 15 person committee who sat around devising this test together with the advisers, clerks and admin people. The committee probably still meets twice a yaer just to pat themselves on the back for a job well done.

Those are the dumbest questions around. It looks as if they had to appease individual committee members.

P

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I got 46%... Although I'm from the United States lol... I wonder if there's an American citizenship practice test somewhere around here...

Edit to add: Found an American Citizenship practice test at this site: www.800citizen.org...

I took the one with 30 questions and got 29/30!! Funny, we only need a 60% to pass the American version.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Ketzer22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Oh wow 24%, 7 out of 24
I thought i did well until i get results and i am british... what does that say about me?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Failed with 38% - obviously not British - though my ancestors are...

edit on 2-3-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
38%
i guess i better pack up and bugger off.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
38%
i guess i better pack up and bugger off.

I dont know why somone who knows a random piece of history has a better reason to be in the country than somone that knows whats currently going on in eastenders

Born here? no problem
Come over from elsewhere? you need to learn things the born people have no clue about.

I was expecting more questions on UK politics in the past 20-50 years rather than when women got the right to devorce thier husbands 0.o (1860 or somthing)

Yes that was a question and no i did not get it right.

Also expecting job related questions, or what national insurance is or how it works, perhaps somthing about taxes. nope.

edit on 2-3-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

yeah, i't would be better if the questions were more based on today and everyday life in britain.
like who presents top gear(joke)
i don't care about my low score as i beleive this test is irelevent to me as i know im welsh before i'm british.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yeah just did the Canadian one on Alberta too.... 80%

RESULT:
You need 75% to pass the test.
The time you spent was 1 minute and 5 seconds.
You answered correctly 4 out of 5 questions. Your score is 80%.

Only 5 questions

I'm good to go to "The Americas" then I guess.

YAY

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by jpmail

I am Scottish so not british but I rekon the tories will want to kick me out..

Er, you are British... Scotland is part of The United Kingdom of Great Britain.

Until there's a referendum that is.

Acutally a large portion of the Socttish population will tell you they are Scottish before they say British and Scottish is listed as a nationallity on every single application I have ever filled in. It maybe not technically be true but I don't feel British if you know what I mean.

Though I would add I managed to pass the US test which in my opinion had questions that were more focused towards USA than the british one was toward Britian
edit on 2-3-2012 by jpmail because: (no reason given)

That's correct, I've never been British in my life. Any any smarmy English wank that tries to tell me otherwise can take a run and jump.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Well same as that... I'm English... I don't ever say I'm British or European.

BUT

Like it or not, you ARE British.... and European.

It's geography.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The borders created by nations are not real but abstract and only real in the minds of those who choose to be governed by such ideas - We all live on Earth
Buzz Aldrin observed no borders when gazing at Earth from space he saw the Earth was land mass and sea.

edit on 2-3-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

edit on 2-3-2012 by artistpoet because: tpoz

edit on 2-3-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I got 46% and failed, I've lived here all my life but some of those questions are rediculous...

But still....

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join