It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earliest Tree Pollen on Record Points to a Long, Challenging Allergy Season

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Allergy Sufferers Beware in North America

I came across this article because three days ago, when my nose started running like a faucet. Yesterday and today I walked outside and my nose wouldn't quit, it dawned on me this was allergies.

But allergies in February are rare. So at first I thought it was a cold.

But then I heard other people mention their allergies were acting up.

Spring is going to be real early this year. The first daffodils have already started blooming in my area.

The pollen detector on the roof of Allegheny General Hospital (AGH) in Pittsburgh has detected moderate amounts of tree pollen in February for the first time ever.

Now Pittsburgh is usually two or three weeks behind us. So its real early for them.

linky

Everything is going to come early.

DC Cherry Blossoms Peak Early this year~WP

Washington’s centennial cherry blossom bloom will probably take place early this year and happen from March 22 through early April,

The average peak bloom date is April 4, but the capricious blossoms have peaked as early as March 15, in 1990, and as late as April 18, in 1958, according to DeFeo’s records.

edit on 1-3-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
No fellow allergy sufferers to wallow with? I do like the suggestion in the article to start taking allergy meds now. I wonder if that helps in the long run. Because I get nasty sinus infections to boot.

Any other coping mechanisms are appreciated. I better dig out my neti pot too,.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Hey Nixie,

I didn't need a news article to know about the pollen. The Oak tree in the back yard has carpeted the patio with pollen sending me into a migraine tailspin. I don't just have allergies. Keep up the meds, I'll see you on the otherside of allergy season!

join