It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures requested by popular demand of planes in Groom and the NTS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Ya F and 5 Star ratting
Will keep a eye on this one for sure

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Excellent job, finally some real pictures and photos. This is supposed to be the case with UFOs.. that clear and good looking pictures. Now are these aircraft supposed to be secret? Are you revealing things not allowed to be seen in public?

The stealth pictures and video look quite interesting. Are these last two pictures the same as the one on the video or some other model? What are these? I see that just like cars, these stealth and other planes tend to get more round in shape. So this is a quite noticeable tendency to make more round.

However, it still looks too man made, I can absolutely not say there is anything alien or UFO to say 'Oh that's what people see when they see a UFO' these are clearly far from technology in flying that some others are observed. Apparently, if there were any other aicraft, no one would get so close pictures but still, it confirms some of the UFOs are much more advanced than this.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
What is with the "Grey" F-117? I had heard that a few were like that, but I think that is the first picture I have seen. I have heard all sorts of reasons: they are black because of the RAM coated paint used.

Before Painting, Visual Camoflauge schemes (for day flight), Test bed, I have heard several reasons, but don't know.

Great Pics.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Great post. Awesome pics!

S+F

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Am I the only one who can't see the pics or videos?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
WOW. Thank you for sharing these pictures! B2 bomber is intimidating. There are a bunch of questions I want to ask that you probably can't answer. How often do you see experimental stuff?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Veey awesome pics! They're amazing to see in photo, im sure they are more amazing in person!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Wow.

Amazing pictures.

Thank you so much for sharing.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
WOW great stuff!~!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I like the B2 photo where you can read the writing on the plane.

Here is a close up photo of a sniper pod:

They were nice enough to leave the pod on the B1B at the Edwards show.

I'm leaning towards the pod in your photo being something else. An interesting thing to note is some pods on aircraft are wind powered. That is, they find it easier to let the wind power the pod than to tap power from the plane itself. My recollection is that is done on the EA-6B. The sniper pod probably is powered by the plane, but you can see a duct on it, so maybe it is air cooled.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamsnatcher

In regards to Non-Disclosure stuff, there isn't a picture that I posted that I didn't have permission to take. That's kind of how it works at Edwards. Depending on the mission your sent there to do, you have to sign stuff. But the rule of thumb in the air is if the receiver pilot says it's ok to take a picture, then it's ok. The absolute only one that might have been in question is the F-16 with that "pod". He said it was ok, but I think it was still classified at the time. Remember I was in the Air Force from 2000 to 2006. None of these pictures are classified and I don't think I can get in trouble for posting them.

As for the Q-3....probably. But you have to get caught first! Being an evaluator boom I guess I could have Q-3'd myself!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

No there's nothing I posted that is classified that I'm aware of. I dont know a boom operator that doesn't have these kinds of pictures.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

My understanding of the grey F-117 is that it's skunkworks own personal play toy, honestly. That's what they make it out to be.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Amazing pictures, S&F for you! Can't wait for more!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Skunkworks F-117 grey. Civilian pilot

With civilian you mean a Skunkworks listed pilot?

Or did they have a fly-in day were civilian pilots can rent-a-plane?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomer135

My understanding of the grey F-117 is that it's skunkworks own personal play toy, honestly. That's what they make it out to be.

That gives new meaning to the term, "corporate raider"...........

Does the company still fly it. The Air Force (at least publically) retired all the F-117s and put them back in their original hangers at Tonopah, at least that was my unerstanding. Be neat if there was at least one F-117 still flying.

Makes you wonder if they could start manufacturing again. The 117 is pretty outdated now, but on the other hand, still pretty stealthy....

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Here is a video of the F117a flying after it had been retired. It was flying around the north side of the NTTR.
www.lazygranch.com...

Appropriately, I did the upload from the Starbucks on Avenue K in Lancaster. OK, the Starbucks in Palmdale would have been more appropriate. This is not my video, but from a very trustworthy source.

There is a photo floating around the net of several F117s in a hangar at the TTR with the wings removed to get more than one in the hangar. But there isn't enough photography out there to prove all the fleet is not flyable.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

No it was a skunkworks pilot. lol

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Here's the best one I have of Papoose. Does anyone know a free editing program that can maybe clear up the image any?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I knew ufo's where man made

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join