It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures requested by popular demand of planes in Groom and the NTS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
By popular demand, here's a small part of my personal collection of pictures of everything ranging from the F-22 to the gray F-117. Also have a picture of refueling the B-2, etc. I put this under the area 51 thread because all the F-22 pictures were taken in this area. If I should have posted this elsewhere, please let me know and move it to the appropriate forum. If you guys can tell where in the NTS these photos were taken that would be a plus. I can't remember where we were for every picture. And of course I was in the boom pod in the back of the jet...

Enjoy!

F-22 circa 2002ish. No stealth paint yet. Still just yellow primer.

Skunkworks F-117 grey. Civilian pilot

Edwards in the backround

F-22's from Edwards off the wing

more raptor pics

F-16 with "special" wing pod thing. I believe they said it had something to do with radar

B-2 refuelings

F-22 and F-16 chase plane taking off right before the tanker...

Here's the link if that don't work. Kind of new to posting videos...
www.youtube.com...

B-2 video after air refueling

Direct link: www.youtube.com...

Well there's a small part of my collection. If anyone want's some pics of air refuelings let me know. Just pm me what plane you want a picture of. I have just about all current airplanes in pictures.

And again, enjoy!

Travis
edit on 1-3-2012 by boomer135 because: changed pic location

edit on 1-3-2012 by boomer135 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

WOW! I'm not the only one that will say that those pics are some of the best I've ever seen. Kudos to you sir.

ETA: freaking stunning photos. I can't stop looking at them.

edit on 1-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

ETA2: if I could double star and flag you, I would.
edit on 1-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Thanks man I appreciate it. Like I said that's just the tip of the iceberg!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
All i can say is wow. I love these photos, and if you dont mind im going to save them to my computer. You have a lucky job. Give anything do be there. Thank you for sharing with us your experience. It is such a wonderful view, and the planes are gorgeous.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
More sir.....more!

Never seen this perspective before. THIS is why I'm proud to be an ATS member.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Awesome photos. I especially like the one of the F-22 where the pilot is visibly looking towards the camera's direction. The Bomber pics are great too. You can even see the little crenellations they work so hard to photoshop out from photos typically.

By the way, that radar on the F-16 looks exactly like our Lockheed Sniper pod. Sound right to you?
edit on 1-3-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVisions
Awesome photos. I especially like the one of the F-22 where the pilot is visibly looking towards the camera's direction. The Bomber pics are great too. You can even see the little crenellations they work so hard to photoshop out from photos typically.

Crenellations?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Yeah. Technically he's not supposed to show them so close. It's a fielding issue.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Those are some of the best photos I have ever seen of the stealth aircraft.

I certainly would love to see more. Just about any of the modern aircraft would be interesting at that range and up that close. So much detail. It's fascinating!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Thisbseth

No problem on saving them. And, although I wish I would have re-enlisted, I got out in 2006. But I miss every minute of it. Now I run trains. Go figure.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Great photos!
The B2 looks really cool from that angle.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

I think you might be right on the sniper pod.

And by the way, when you fly out of Edwards in support of these missions, you have to ask the receiver aircraft before taking pictures of them. So there all legal in that aspect.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'll get to posting more photo's probably tomorrow. I still have a ton to look through. But a lot of my pics are before I had a digital camera and there mostly disposable 35mm ones. So I need to get a scanner instead of taking a picture of a picture with my iphone.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Now this is a refreshing thread. Absolutely amazing photos. The B-2 are my favorites. Thank You !

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
awesome pics boomer...thanks for sharing! s&f for you.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Oh, if you have negatives, I have a suggestion for a scanner. If I'm reading the way you said that correctly, you don't currently have one.

Photo Scanner

I bought this one quite some time back and it's worked like magic for scanning piles of family photos and negatives. Also, I'm not sure if you've scanned negatives directly much but the difference in quality and detail can be striking.. The scanner there certainly works though and after a bit of a learning curve to get the process down, it's very fast moving and just about entirely automated. Hope that may help to bring more great pictures to look at!

edit on 1-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by boomer135
reply to post by amongus

Thanks man I appreciate it. Like I said that's just the tip of the iceberg!

Holy Moly those are some awesome photos! THIS is the tip of the iceberg?
WOW, I am really looking forward to what else you have if they are anything like this. Thanks so much for sharing!
This is why I came to ATS in the first place, to see what people share first hand.

I hope nobody here has given you the ol "pics or it didn't happen" line? Well if they did, you just shut em up good and solid!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Outstanding photos Sir..

B-2's are simply awesome... got any more pics of them?

I saw an air show featuring a B-2..

amazingly beautiful bird...

when she banked, you could see the triangle shape of it,

but when she leveled off, nothin, nada, zip... couldnt see her at all..

thanks for the photos!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Fan-bloody-tastic!

You sir, have clearly lived a good life and seen just about everything I wish too in mine.

I bet you have some good stories to share, which will certainly not fall on deaf ears here!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Where is your coin/card. Nice pics, but I am not sure I would be posting those here, when i was flying those missions I had signed numerous NDA's (military and civilian) and and you never know what could come of this. Not to mention the always having your hand on the controls, Q-3 my friend. PM me and I will tell you about an A1C that got an Article 15 for just this thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join