It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland To Hold Referendum On EU Fiscal Treaty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This won't go down well in Brussels, the government have to hold a referendum on the treaty following advice from the Attorney General.

www.rte.ie...
edit on 28/2/2012 by MortlitantiFMMJ because: link

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This could be good but I think it will probably pass they have been here before and we all know NO will not be tolerated they will do there masters bidding.

Edit to add check this out.

The Irish government had previously said that the chances (or risks if you ask the markets and EU elite) of a referendum were always 50-50, so this was far from a foregone conclusion. And... markets have reacted badly to the news of democracy,

Link www.telegraph.co.uk...

But I will stand by what I said it will pass and if not they will just hold another and so on till it passes.

Thanks

edit on 112929p://2012-02-28T11:53:55-06:00282 by mars1 because: to add some more.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Its hard to know how it will go, the thing about this one is that it doesn't need all EU members to pass it, 12 eurozone members is the number I've seen mentioned. It will be implemented one way or another, although I'd say the referendum will probably pass, assuming Sarkozy doesn't start telling us how to vote again

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MortlitantiFMMJ

I know what way I'll be voting but if its anything like Lisbon was then the voters dont really matter.

join