It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monster crowd for Ron Paul, Michigan State University Auditorium

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ron Paul is my hero!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Apparently RP supports are just very vocal and passionate. I forget what words MSM uses but it's usually stuff like "zealous" or "activist" which makes them sound frankly like a bunch of crazy people. So yeah that's how they explain away RP pulling a huge crowd. Nice going MSM.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by macaronicaesar

Wrong, most of the delegates are proportional, but not yet assigned. These numbers are completely different from any other msm network. They have no idea who has what delegates, because they haven't been awarded yet, but Paul knows what he's got

This is only for Caucus states...and the Caucus states don't have as many or enough delegates to even come close to winning the nomination. All Caucus states combined delegates are 439 I believe.

In short...that means that if Ron Paul can't win a bunch of Primary states...then he has no chance of winning even if he won ever single delegate from every single caucus state.

Just thought you should be aware of that fact.

Wrong. Not every primary is a "winner takes all" primary, there are still many primaries which allocate delegates proportional. Also, Ron Paul can win even if he finishes last in every single primary/caucus(which he will not do), simply because the delegates are mostly unpledged, which means they can still vote Ron Paul even if they where allocated as a "Romney" delegate originally.

Another things, last i checked, Ron Paul was 2nd in delegates, despite not winning a single caucus/primary. (This was confirmed by CNN/the Ron Paul campaign)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by RSF77

I'm not negative on Paul, just realistic. Paul supporters are way to touchy and angry. So touchy in fact you can't have a factual conversation. I actually like the guy.

I'm far from anti-Paul to begin with. I just prefer truth to fantasy.

I can't imagine why you think you can attract more people to Ron Paul this way. I doubt he's exactly thrilled about the way some of his supporters are acting. It's as if you think you can force people to support Paul by insulting them.

I meant what I said about a Libertarian getting up to 12% national support among likely voters being very good. That is nothing to sneeze at.

Read the OP and look at it from the perspective of people who have not decided yet. It sounds like kids on a playground saying "my candidate got more people at an event than your candidate
Your just stupid"
I'm sure that is exactly how to not help Ron Paul. Embarrass him maybe, but not help him.

And I prefer respect to dishonor. It's Dr. Paul or Ron Paul but never...just "Paul". Show some respect for the profession and the man...if for nothing else than for his hard work at obtaining a license to practice as a pediatrician for forty years. He's at least earned a medical degree, which is more than any of the other candidates can say for themselves.

I'm not trying to sound pompous, as I never even finished college, but I do have respect for the kind of diligence required to obtain such status.
edit on 4-3-2012 by NowIsThe because: spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
Apparently RP supports are just very vocal and passionate. I forget what words MSM uses but it's usually stuff like "zealous" or "activist" which makes them sound frankly like a bunch of crazy people. So yeah that's how they explain away RP pulling a huge crowd. Nice going MSM.

This board might be a bit skewed when it comes to the voting demografic. What about other political online forums? Is there just as much support for ron paul, or do the debates there mirror the voting results more closely?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
[SNIP]

If this nut job is so popular, why isn't he winning every primary state there is?

Since its Obvious your a bit insulting with that post, i will just say this if the election system was Fair to Ron Paul he would be winning it if not all states then maybe a few states along the way to, and it also sounds like your a bit to young to understand how the system works.

Oh and another thing.

Ron Paul is not a Loser nor a biggot.

I hope a mod would do something about your post, because it is upsetting to me the way some people are

If this nut job is so popular,

He is.

why isn't he winning every primary state there is?

Its because the election system is fixed its how bush own the election in 2000 after all.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed quoted post

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tutty
Hi all you at ATS i am fairly new to this but just wanted to give my opinion on the matter! I'm from England and have been keeping a eye on the GOP race as this seems pretty interesting, the first thing i would like to say is this whole thing has brought to my attention the corrupt and biased media in both of our countries and i came to this conclusion from the countless (and i really mean countless) video's that show and prove this. I watched V for vendetta the other day and i thought that is the USA down to a T. The overwhelming support for Ron Paul is very real and i would like to send my love and support to Ron Paul and his supporters.

Hello,
Just watched V for Vendetta the other day too. It's crazy how similar the movie and real life are now. When I first saw it in like 2002 I never imagined it could actually happen. Every day I see something that's dragging us down that road. Thanks for your support, and back at ya!

I feel Ron Paul is the only one that "might" be able to turn this country around. I use the word "might" because deep down i'm affraid it might be to late for even the mighty Ron to fix. The time for suttle solutions are over drastic actions are now required. If the American government starts or gets involved in another war it's over... Period! The public will not stand for this much longer. We need Ron to show the world the real America. Not this proxy war starting, corruption riddled, corprate backed government the world sees. Obviously i'm a realist but still have faith in good men/women. Hoping for the best but prepared for the worst...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Elections are for entertainment.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If the vote wasn't rigged and pre-decided, Ron Paul would have quite a few wins! It's sad to see how it plays out, isn't it? Not a single election has been won by Ron Paul. That's astoundingly strange and unbelievable.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0317

apologies - of course you are entitled to your own opinion.
thank you for your service.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join