It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something changed with the "New Topics" site.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
About a week ago the New Topics (live headlines) function had a problem. This problem got fixed, but something changed. Before, the site was refreshed without reloading the whole page, the threads were visible all the time. Now, the site refreshes by reloading the page, for about 1-2 seconds all the threads are gone and only blank page is visible. It is quite annoying, when i am reading the headlines at that moment, or trying to open a thread by clicking on it.
Could it be changed ? Like it was before, without the reload/blank thing ?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Funnily enough I noticed this too. Maybe the wrong thing got changed or perhaps it has to do with the new live trending feature? Maybe a Mod knows.
ETA Although maybe for them to notice it, this might better have been placed in Board Questions?

edit on 25/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I noticed this too and it is quite annoying.I thought maybe it was just me.Good to know I'm not the only one.Hopefully they can do something about it.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
They get more page views and more ads by reloading the page every x minutes. Most people would open ATS live page as a new tab and spend the whole day like that, so now as this is they get more page views. That's what I assume is happening, but I'm not sure.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It's even worse in Chrome - for some reason the firehose is spewing out a fifo stack horizontally across the screen at times - then it could refresh into the columnar-by time format. As a habitual firehose drinker, I am finding this behavior less-than-satisfactory because I can't get the entire screen without the rescrambling. Doesn't always happen but it was hell over the past week!

ganjoa

top topics

join