It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$6/gal gas and these idiots are rioting over.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
SHOES?? Are you serious? What a materialistic, selfish, egotistical society we have become.
Warning: some language

Here's the shoe that's causing all the fuss. Personally I think they're hideous.

At a time in our history when we should be rioting in the streets over gas prices, government intrusion, voting fraud, media bias, etc. these idiots are rioting over $220 pair of shoes? These people deserve to be tazed and pepper sprayed.
edit on 24-2-2012 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
TPTB must watch stories like this as their late night entertainment before nodding off after a long days tyranny.

As long as we're fighting each other over material things like this, they can continue to put it to us all in ways that REALLY hurt and, in fact, alter the way we live our lives altogether. They can do that with total safety and no concern from little people getting mad.

They're all busy beating each other half to death for a shoe...or a furry toy for Christmas...or the new Iphone. Whatever it is, everyone is fighting over junk and B.S., so TPTB are safe to nod off and get that sleep. They have at least one more day to run all this with no worries.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
They're uneducated people. What do you expect from them? A thought that doesn't have to do with money, fame, sex or drugs?

Don't think that this is isolated. A lot of people are this reptilian brained.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
SHOES?? Are you serious? What a materialistic, selfish, egotistical society we have become.
Warning: some language

At a time in our history when we should be rioting in the streets over gas prices, government intrusion, voting fraud, media bias, etc. these idiots are rioting over $220 pair of shoes? These people deserve to be tazzed and pepper sprayed.
edit on 24-2-2012 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

I agree with you in the matter that they seem to have their priorities screwed up. I would argue that the name calling is unnecessary and tazing/pepper spraying is suited for "jail riots", not misguided citizens.

It is indeed a true shame that there are misguided people, but who's fault is it? The tragedy is, in fact, that the MSM will certainly air this and make it appear as "normal" and significant.... sigh...I pity the fools

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I can't believe people want those hideous things, let alone pay more than 30 bucks for them (yes in the last couple years Ive had to raise the price I pay for a decent shoe).

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
People can actually wear that kind of trainer and not get laughed at? The colours are something a 8 year old would want..

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueInstinct

My thoughts exactly. They look like something a clown piling into a VW at the circus would wear. Just don't get it?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is what our Dept. of Education has given us. ( I"m not against you teachers, I know you have your handsfull) but the National Education Association should be ashamed of the job they're forcing there "union members" to do. These kids are our future leaders??? God help us. These people should be ashamed of throwing away $220 for shoes when there are so many hurting in this country right now! Who was it that said a fool and their money are soon parted? Well we have a nation alot not all of them under 25

edit on 24-2-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add some words

edit on 24-2-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add something

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I guess the small percentage of us who are awake have to realize we're just surround by a bunch of dumb zombies! All I know is when the SHTF these morons won't know what the HELL hit'em!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
TPTB must watch stories like this as their late night entertainment before nodding off after a long days tyranny.

Yeah I've often wondered if the channel TruTv is a comic relief channel for TPTB, they seem to have the most ridiculous shows on there one about a Pawn shop in Detroit of all places, Operation Repo, Lizard Lick towing and of course Conspiracy w/ Jesse Ventura which is probably just icing for them to see some of the crack pots on there just to name a few oh and Full Throttle saloon. Most of which seem obviously staged with some horrible acting, complete rubbish on Tru Tv but it's all Materialism centered and people either getting stuff taken because they can't pay the bills or selling stuff to pay the bills usually family heirlooms that mean a lot to the customer or just plain acting stupid, it's like a showing of just how pathetic they have created the society we live in by downgrading the School system. They sit in the Palaces just laughing swimming in the Gold like Scrooge McDuck while we deal with the Monopoly Money out here...

This incident is just another showing of how out of touch and focus the American society has become, Greece Riots because the Economy is horrible in Greece, the Middle East riots for freedom and Americans riot for shoes

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I know that there's no one single cause for society getting to the point to where people are so materialistic, but one aspect that I notice is our creative spirit is almost completely drained. Almost everyone I know is an expert at consuming, but I hardly know anyone anymore who draws, paints, writes, composes, etc.

Those people shouldn't be fighting over those shoes; they should be buying plain white ones and putting their own designs on them.

top topics

join