It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was jesus even necessary?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

Very often I think along these lines when it comes to good or evil. For example, some tribes used to pick a yearly sacrifice to their gods, and the one who fulfilled the requirements and were chosen, considered it to be a great honor. Most people now would look at these people as evil, and the one being sacrificed an idiot. To them, it was just their reality.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Deny777

Why is it so admirable to forgive and forget everything. That whole bit sounds like a great way to keep people from standing up for themselves against rulers that wronged them. Turn the other cheek, forgive and forget, it's what jesus would do.

It's admirable because 1) it's noble 2) it's *extremely* difficult. Take 1,000 people and see how many can grasp the intricacies of advanced physics. Then see how many can sincerely show true compassion and unconditional love and forgiveness. You don't have to believe me, but the fact is, those who achieve unconditional love win this chapter of the game. We might have a handful of those walking on the surface of the planet right now *if* we're lucky.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Deny777

Why is it percieved by so many as noble and difficult is beyond me. I find it quite easy to forgive and forget when I choose to do so myself. A majority of voters must find it pretty damn easy too, or else the same people wouldn't keep getting elected over and over

It is way easier to forgive and forget the authority figures that do great wrongs against us, than to stand up to them to the end. If not, the corrupt would not be sitting on top their thrones now. The corrupt ones would only get one term.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Well that indeed *is* quite easy, but it's not how I meant "forgiveness", it was more in the sense of unconditional love. Here's an example, if someone insults or ridicules you in your face, there's a really big chance that you'll react isn't there? Now some people are able to control their emotions enough that they won't react, but will still be upset. True forgiveness means sincerely not minding being insulted, ridiculed or phisically harmed. Now if you still think that's easy I'll become your disciple as of right now

BTW cool Gizmo avatar

edit on 23/2/2012 by Deny777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny777

If someone insults me, or ridicules me, mostly what I feel is pity for them. It reflects their own inner turmoil really, I used to be that guy in my youth. Not exactly a bully status, but I wasn't all that nice either.

If someone steps over the line and tries to physically harm me, I will defend myself. It is our right as living beings to defend ourselves, I don't see how allowing someone to harm the one body we get in this lifetime can be a good thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Interesting thought. What makes you so sure that your god is the right one, and not another devil or demon or however you want to think about it?

I think that life in the third dimension was only an experiment at first and that it got out of hand because the ego of the earth lord was too big to give up his individuality. So an eternal cycle was built to keep the souls trapped here, a cycle that assures his existence and power. Religions put in place by him serve to keep this going on, Jesus didn't like religion. He knew faith and religion had nothing to do with each other.

I bet Jesus wouldn't be happy that his message was manipulated to help the elite control the masses instead of saving souls from this earth. Although....I have no idea if what I say is true, it could have been me that got the message wrong

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

That's an interesting thought, like endless reincarnation? I always wondered what I was before I became me, if I was anything at all. I wonder if it is reincarnation, if we get to choose our next parent. Always much to mull over

<< 1  2  3   >>

join